Ive got a real problem!!

kmaz

Jan 6, 2010
Albany ny
Detector(s) used
Tesoro deleon,compadre , silver micromax,bandido
I've got a real problem!!

This is my first year detecting , yet I've already. aquired 4 Tesoro detectors. 2 , new, a silver micro max and a compadre. And 2 used , a Deleon and just now aquired an original bandido. I've got some redundancy and should at least get rid of one. If the bandido operates as it should, would there be no benefit to holding onto the silver? It's almost as much fun collecting them as it is using them.. Lol.
kris

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the DeLeon as my every day machine and have had lots of success including the rings in my avatar....go with which ever machine works for you.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
K

kmaz

Jan 6, 2010
Albany ny
Detector(s) used
Hey bill , what coil do you primarily hunt with on the Deleon? I've been trying the 11x8 RSD and not sure I like it. Also the original 9x8 concentric seems to id nickels and tabs better.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just use the standard coil and it works fairly well for me.....I just sweep back and forth a couple of times over the target and can generally locate the target fairly easily.

A little trick you may want to try is put a golf tee in the ground where you think the target is located and sweep the coil on all 4 sides of the tee to make sure you've got the target very close to the tee.....saves some extra time in the digging department that way.

Regards + HH

Bill

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As stated before Im not a Dr. and don't play one on TV.
Problem what problem? I dont see a problem.
Long Live Tesoro.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a warnning! The acquisition of multiple detectors is probably an illness, but anything worth having is worth having more than one, right?
luvsdux

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my first year detecting , yet I've already. aquired 4 Tesoro detectors. 2 , new, a silver micro max and a compadre. And 2 used , a Deleon and just now aquired an original bandido. I've got some redundancy and should at least get rid of one. If the bandido operates as it should, would there be no benefit to holding onto the silver? It's almost as much fun collecting them as it is using them.. Lol.
kris

Sounds like you definitely have contracted the sickness that many of us have. Fortunately, there is no known cure...

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kris

I have that same problem with every hobby I've ever had... If one is good, more is always better. I've bought two, new Tesoros in the past month or so (Tejon & Compadre), and have two more used ones on the way (Cortes & a Vaquero)... What a sucker I am. At least I'll have a couple spares for when the kids come to visit. ^_^

I'll see what I can learn about each one, and decide which will be my favorite. Still thinking about a (salt) beach detector...

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My suggestion is to keep them around for awhile longer, and USE THEM...!
After sorting out what they can and can't do, then choose.
The Bandido looks to be the one I'd choose, if it was me...., of course,
I have TWO metal detectors already - so, you see it is a sickness,
collecting these things...! :laughing7:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My suggestion is to keep them around for awhile longer, and USE THEM...!
After sorting out what they can and can't do, then choose.
The Bandido looks to be the one I'd choose, if it was me...., of course,
I have TWO metal detectors already - so, you see it is a sickness,
collecting these things...! :laughing7:

Ha... Part of my problem, is that I rarely get rid of anything. Not like those hoarders who have stacks of newspapers and magazines making narrow trails leading into each room, but I definately do hang onto old toys.. ^_^

I'll learn each Tesoro I pick up, and probably (hopefully) find a good use for each one. Bought the Compadre for my wife and / or son to use, but I may keep it in the car so I'll always have something handy when I see an interesting spot. I'll experiment with Tejon/Vaquero/Cortes to see which works best in my mineralized, rocky soil, and which I like best for checking out old parks... I'll probably find that they overlap a bit in capability. BTW - part of the reason I got the Vaquero, is that it also comes with an extra coil; the 5-3/4" widescan. That should help a little with my crappy, trashy soil, I think.
Something about the Tesoros that I like better than units with computer programs. Guess I'm sort of an analog guy, but anxious to play with the Cortes, too. If it doesn't quite fit in, I'll set it aside for a spare... Or maybe trade it towards a Tiger Shark. ^_^

OP
OP
K

kmaz

Jan 6, 2010
Albany ny
Detector(s) used
Well I got the original bandido last Friday and I got to say I really like it a lot!! I haven't got it out in the field yet but I love the sweet sound. You'd think they would all sound the same but for whatever reason they don't. The threshold based all metal mode is different than my deleon. Love how it pinpoints but detects kinda weird. Love having the ground ballance. In great shape but did call tesoro to order some small parts from them, sticker , handgrip ,new forearm cuff ,etc. asked when something new is coming and he said hopefully announce something soon!!

OP
OP
K

kmaz

Jan 6, 2010
Albany ny
Detector(s) used
How amazing is this? Ordered some items from Tesoro on Tuesday and received them on Friday!! Arizona to n.y... Not bad at all :-) really like everything about this old bandido, think I'll be selling my silver umax.
Thanks Tesoro
kris

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread