Ive got competition...

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got competition...

Stopped by 9 banks today picking up a lone '67 silver. Hardly anyone had halves.

However, I gathered some previously unknown info. I stopped by a pnc today looking for halves. The teller told me she sold 5 rolls of them not 5 mins before I walked in. A guy came in, asked for halves saying he uses them for bus fare. (this is the second time I've heard this) When asked how many he wanted, he wanted everything they had. I find the 'bus fare' excuse a bit thin. What if they had 1000 in halves? That's a lot of bus rides. Anyway, looks like I've had my first run in with a competitor.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My town isn't that big, but banks in the area have started ordering boxes of halves to have on hand, because they get so many requests. This has been going on for about 2 years. Some banks ration what they have to please the many customers that ask.

OP
OP
Ben-Ro

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
After the teller said she sold the 5 rolls, she actually offered to order a box for me, which was a first, esp since I don't have an account there.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ben-Ro said:
After the teller said she sold the 5 rolls, she actually offered to order a box for me, which was a first, esp since I don't have an account there.

Did you take her up on it?

OP
OP
Ben-Ro

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Nah. I already have an order in at another bank and dont have the bankroll to justify it.

rex

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i stopped at one of my banks today and asked for halves. the teller said they have some but, i'll warn you they have been picked over. i said what do you mean do you guys go through them. she said no but people have been coming in and buying them and going out to their car and going through the rolls and coming right back in and dumping them. i wasn't having much luck at that bank lately and now i know why.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions