J. Friedrich Gross Karben bottle help

EmilianoR

Feb 17, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. I found this bottle a week ago while i was swimming in a river, here in Argentina. I researched a bit but i didn't found anything about how old it is and from where it come from, so i'll really appreaciate it if somebody can help me with some information

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I tried searching online to help a bit and found you posted this bottle on a bottle forum in 2006 and got some replies but in that post you said you purchased it not found it

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I tried searching online to help a bit and found you posted this bottle on a bottle forum in 2006 and got some replies but in that post you said you purchased it not found it

Amazing what the internet can find.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
This may help (from an online site describing a similar bottle):
[FONT=&quot]"Stamped into the bottle are the markings "Taunus Brunnen By Appointment" in a circle around an emblem that looks like three feathers. Stamped below this is "J. Friedrich Grosskarben B/Frankfurt A M" (the A is very small and above the line). Below the handle is stamped "W. N. 10". The bottle has a short threaded neck and no top. I have not measured the bottle's capacity but would guess about a quart or liter.Quick Internet research finds that Taunus refers to a mountain range in southern Germany , just north of Frankfurt , and that Brunnen is a town in Bavaria . The Taunus mountain area is well-known for mineral springs, hence the bottled mineral water. I'm assuming "J. Friedrich Grosskarben" is the name of the bottler or bottle-maker (the "B/"), in Frankfurt (officially known as "Frankfurt am Main", hence the A M). I'm also assuming the "W" in "W N 10" refers to "wasser" (water), and I've been told that the "N 10" refers to the spring number.The bottle stands about 11 1/2" tall and is about 3 1/2" in diameter at the bottom."
Don......[/FONT]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread