• james 010.jpg
    james 010.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 814
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
robfinds said:
CRUSADER said:
You are kidding me 'weakly struck' :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
Its full fan, full legend, outstanding example of a hammered which you could search your whole life without finding :D
Dad & I have had 1 Shilling (Lizy) in 30 combined years, I still have yet to find one of any period, & Dad rubs it in with a Halfcrown the other day :laughing7:

I would have been doing cartwheels over that one, lets see the good pictures both sides? Then I think its time to start voting :thumbsup:

Is this the hill grass field?
Thanks Cru, it's from the field next door, the cows chased us off the other one. Not kidding, nearly got nasty :help:.

I'm assuming it not the 'plume over shield' type? :o
No, but where it should say BRI on the obverse, it say's BRIT. :dontknow:

robfinds said:
CRUSADER said:
robfinds said:
CRUSADER said:
Its full fan, full legend, outstanding example of a hammered which you could search your whole life without finding :D
Dad & I have had 1 Shilling (Lizy) in 30 combined years, I still have yet to find one of any period, & Dad rubs it in with a Halfcrown the other day :laughing7:

I would have been doing cartwheels over that one, lets see the good pictures both sides? Then I think its time to start voting :thumbsup:

Thanks Cru, it's from the field next door, the cows chased us off the other one. Not kidding, nearly got nasty :help:.

BRIT is a known 2nd & 3rd coinage variant in my detailed book.

Deepdiger60 said:
Beautiful coin and buckle :icon_thumleft: Great digs Dd60

Photo from a English coin site is that the coin of James 1st.
May have miss read your post first time, mine is the same type of coin, but it's from the second coinage. :icon_thumright:

CRUSADER said:
robfinds said:
CRUSADER said:
robfinds said:
CRUSADER said:

BRIT is a known 3rd coinage variant in my detailed book.
I need my classes Cru, the mint mark rose was also used for the third coinage, and not just the second :icon_thumright:

robfinds said:
Deepdiger60 said:

May have miss read your post first time, mine is the same type of coin, but it's from the second coinage. :icon_thumright:
Cancel that, I am an idiot. Just read the coin book better (after info from Cru). The rose mint mark was also used on the third coinage. That would make this coin 1620-1.

robfinds said:
robfinds said:
Deepdiger60 said:

Cancel that, I am an idiot. Just read the coin book better (after info from Cru). The rose mint mark was also used on the third coinage. That would make this coin 1620-1.

Don't cancel it just yet, I edited my post. The BRIT legend was for the 'second & third', does this confuse it anymore :-\

Looking forward in seeing the cleaned version, way to go on the find. :icon_thumright:

James Shilling Cleaned

Here's the shilling cleaned.

Robert.

Attachments

• james 011.jpg
    james 011.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 957
  • james 012.jpg
    james 012.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 959
Re: James Shilling Cleaned

Not bad at all Rob :icon_thumleft:, nice job cleaning.

hammered

That's lovely Rob...what a find :notworthy:

Banner!!!

a beautiful silver coin, THer. WTG!!!

That thing looks sweet. Scared me when I read "cleaned".

Nice find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back