OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
TY, Franklin. The newspaper also mentions his son, John Gordon Ward, a resident of Pensacola, but not his daughters, Ella Risqué Ward Caulkins and Anne Morris Ward Johnson, who I believe are buried in Pensacola's St John Cemetery.
1850 places him in Pensacola after his stint as assistant military pay clerk in St Charles , Missouri, and before he bought a sawmill in Bedford county in 1852 with John W Otey, his brother in law.
With that, it brings into question that he returned in 1843 to Lynchburg to help his mother run the farm.
Did he leave St Charles in 1843 to return to Lynchburg, then go to Pensacola in 1850, only to return to Lynchburg sometime before 1852?
All in all, it is interesting these three generations involvement in Escambia county, Florida.

*NOTE* Ward did not return to help his mother run the farm until the passing of his father, Giles Ward, in 1850, placing the 1843 date as questionable.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
TY, Franklin. The newspaper also mentions his son, John Gordon Ward, a resident of Pensacola, but not his daughters, Ella Risqué Ward Caulkins and Anne Morris Ward Johnson, who I believe are buried in Pensacola's St John Cemetery.
1850 places him in Pensacola after his stint as assistant military pay clerk in St Charles , Missouri, and before he bought a sawmill in Bedford county in 1852 with John W Otey, his brother in law.
With that, it brings into question that he returned in 1843 to Lynchburg to help his mother run the farm.
Did he leave St Charles in 1843 to return to Lynchburg, then go to Pensacola in 1850, only to return to Lynchburg sometime before 1852?
All in all, it is interesting these three generations involvement in Escambia county, Florida.
WHERE was "JB" helping his mother run "The farm"...? ALL that I have is that "JB" & family were living in Forest, Va., going to church in L'burg & back by buggy.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yes I know where the farm was located. I know where the cemetery was located. As for James Beverly Ward being Paymaster at Fort Barrancas. There was rumored to be a large treasure under the fort. Most likely JBW was Paymaster sometime in the mid 1870's but I can not find the record. I do have a newspaper saying he was Paymaster there at one time.
WHERE was "The Farm"...? Cemetery has "JB" & wife grave-site? OR, did their kids disinter 'em & re-inter "em in Florida...? Since it is James Beverly Risqué-related, MAYBE the BIG treasure was from New Orlean AND Bedford County (War of 1812 AND Confederate War)... DUNNO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
WHERE was "JB" helping his mother run "The farm"...? ALL that I have is that "JB" & family were living in Forest, Va., going to church in L'burg & back by buggy.

One source said the Risqué farm that Adeline Eliza Risqué inherited from her father was located near Poplar Forest south of Forest Virginia.
With Ward being paymaster at Fort Barrancas in Pensacola in 1850, it would be sometime after that when he returned to help his mother with the farm after his father, Giles Ward , died in 1850 and before buying that sawmill in 1852.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

*NOTE* Ward did not return to help his mother run the farm until the passing of his father, Giles Ward, in 1850, placing the 1843 date as questionable.

I will research into to some of those time lines. I have a ton of research. Trouble is finding what you are looking for when you are looking for it? I will see what I have. I wish I could tell you where the farm is located but I need to retain that for a while. Also the home where Robert Morriss died it took a lot of work and leg work to find these places. They are not easily found. Very difficult as a matter of fact.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

The opening statement in the above PENSACOLA JOURNAL newspaper dated 1898:
"Friends in this city of James B Ward and of his son John G Ward were grieved to learn Thursday of the death of the former at his home in Lynchburg".

"About the year 1903 Clayton visited Mr Ward...confirmed all that is contained in the pamphlet...his son added his own confirmation, but in somewhat sad and solemn tones". -THE HART PAPERS

If James Beverly Ward died in 1898 as stated in the PENSACOLA JOURNAL, then Clayton Hart never spoke with him in 1903, and there was NO confirmation concerning the pamphlet, which also brings forth the information George Hart presented Pauline Innis and the iron box with the torn numbers covered slip of paper that she built "GOLD IN THE BLUE RIDGE" around, and set forth the rebirth of the Beale treasure story in the 1960's, as highly questionable.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Friends in this city of James B Ward and of his son John G Ward were grieved to learn Thursday of the death of the former at his home in Lynchburg".

"About the year 1903 Clayton visited Mr Ward...confirmed all that is contained in the pamphlet...his son added his own confirmation, but in somewhat sad and solemn tones". -THE HART PAPERS

If James Beverly Ward died in 1898 as stated in the PENSACOLA JOURNAL, then Clayton Hart never spoke with him in 1903, and there was NO confirmation concerning the pamphlet, which also brings forth the information George Hart presented Pauline Innis and the iron box with the torn numbers covered slip of paper that she built "GOLD IN THE BLUE RIDGE" around, and set forth the rebirth of the Beale treasure story in the 1960's, as highly questionable.

The paper does not say 1898. It is dated May 18, 1907 Page 4

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The heading on the posted link page has "PENSACOLA JOURNAL 1898".
What does the heading on page 4 read?
Do you have a dated Lynchburg obituary notice for James Beverly Ward?

Last edited:

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So then, we have confirmation! Good job!

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The heading on the posted link page has "PENSACOLA JOURNAL 1898".
What does the heading on page 4 read?
Do you have a dated Lynchburg obituary notice for James Beverly Ward?

1898-1985 is what it says!

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you Franklin for confirmation of Heart and Ward as has been discussed by one of the Five Unknown!

As with the Beale Papers, THE HART PAPERS are based on a hearsay account given to George Hart by his brother, Clayton, and like the Beale Papers, it was brought to the public after the principals of the narrative story had passed away, and could be contacted to deny or confirm the content presented.
True actual "confirmation" requires a minimum of two unrelated sources outside of the work or incident being confirmed.

Without this most important outside collaboration, is only an example of jumping to conclusions in support of a preconceived belief that lacks any and all credible substance.

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As with the Beale Papers, THE HART PAPERS are based on a hearsay account given to George Hart by his brother, Clayton, and like the Beale Papers, it was brought to the public after the principals of the narrative story had passed away, and could be contacted to deny or confirm the content presented.
True actual "confirmation" requires a minimum of two unrelated sources outside of the work or incident being confirmed.

Without this most important outside collaboration, is only an example of jumping to conclusions in support of a preconceived belief that lacks any and all credible substance.

LOL! Wrong again my little friend! As you stated above at the time you thought you had proof of no confirmation! NEXT!

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Once again you are jumping to conclusion in your continuing stalking arguments.
Please notice the "If" and "there was NO" references in my statement concerning the Pensacola Journal obituary- it was NOT presented as absolute confirmation of "no proof".

Last edited:

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would you want me to be a 13 year old handicap boy? You should know I have reported this to the proper people! Please do not keep bullying me and harassing me on this forums!

I don't mind having a conversation but you have gone way to far STOP!!

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again you are jumping to conclusion in your continuing stalking arguments.
Please notice the "If" and "there was NO" references in my statement concerning the Pensacola Journal obituary- it was NOT presented as absolute confirmation of "no proof".

I am only looking at the fact that you thought it was proof enough for Ward to have deid before Hart had spoken to him as confirmation of the Beale Papers were fake! LOL But not proof enough for Hart to have confirmed the Beale Papers as True!

At the point where someone manipulates information that comes out to fit there agenda as not to lose face is the sign of a total loss of mortality!

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Why would you want me to be a 13 year old handicap boy? You should know I have reported this to the proper people! Please do not keep bullying me and harassing me on this forums!

I don't mind having a conversation but you have gone way to far STOP!!

Once again, your TN friend, Cryptography, on the "Blowing the cast iron lids off..." thread made that statement , not me, and I bumped it up on post# 542 on that thread if you need confirmation.
You, masterpoe, have bullied, harassed, insulted, disparaged my and others posts for quite some time on these forms, and now you cry foul when asked to explain which, of many if any of your claimed personas is real?
Many have question on these threads if you are a "proxy" for a banned poster as all your "conversations" also lead back to him.
By reporting this to the "proper people", they should be also aware of the victimizing behavior you have exhibited in posts made to me and others that you now claim to be innocent.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it actually says, "Pensacola Journal 1898-1985, May 18, 1907, Page 4

Yes I have his obituary but it is not too clear. He died May, 1907

Memorial - James Beverly Ward.jpg

Funeral - James Beverly Ward.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread