Jargon - PLEASE Dont do it!

Daddio53

Apr 5, 2008
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Tesoro Lobo, Tesoro Golden microMax
Jargon - PLEASE Don't do it!

I am glad to see another metal detecting show on TV, really I am, but come on. The nonsensical phrases and words these detector guys are using make me want to bury them in the ground. As if that , "Boom Baby" wasn't already bad enough, this ridiculous, "Nic in the poc", "Nectar in the hole", "Roundage" "Civ", "Rev", "Colongne" and all of that other nauseating crap is something those two need to keep to themselves. I am truly having to bite my tongue to keep from calling these knuckleheads what I really think of them and all of their juvenile names. As a gold prospector I saw the same kind of thing creep into the prospecting world. Suddenly it went from, "Found anything?" "Well I've got a little flour gold in the pan." to everybody ALWAYS having some "color" in the pan. That was one guy's simple term that went what they call viral these days, and suddenly everybody has color in their pan. That wasn't so hard to deal with, but these two guys and their apparent inability to finish saying a word has led to some of the most ridiculous jargon ever. "G in the hole" means gold in the hole, or, "I found some gold." They are both just as easy to say. G and gold are both single syllable, and it's not that hard to complete the word gold is it? Anyway, if you are out detecting with me and I hear one of those stupid words being used, I am going to bury your A in the D.

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I watched them and started to like them ............... Then the reality set in .... And i now understand that these shows have ruined . metal detecting... storage hunting .. auctions... and now i see Coin roll hunting.......... And .. flea mkt hunting....and a lot of other things........... so now i refuse to watch any of them but diggers... Diggers is A OK................. avatar4899_9.gif.jpeg avatar4899_9.gif.jpeg avatar4899_9.gif.jpeg avatar4899_9.gif.jpeg avatar4899_9.gif.jpeg

Last edited:

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really do feel your pain but I do not sympathize with y'all.

I'm 40 years old and I have witnessed the complete destruction of the English language in my lifetime.

Thanks to the American hip hop culture and ghetto's, Canucks born in the great white north dress and talk like their from the Projects.

These bad azz, mo fo's think they're living in East L.A. and are trying to live their lives like Fiddy Cent.

Or what about that Valley girl "LIKE OH MY GOD LIKE A LIKE LIKE...." that almost every teenage Canadian girl has talked like for decades now? Just like the chick from the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

While in the California area, what about the surfer talk that spread through the continent during the 80's and 90's? I guess no one thinks things are totally tubular anymore.

Or the internet lingo that people are verbally saying out loud? If I dig deep, I'm sure I could find a few more examples.

Sure, Diggers give me the dry heaves once in awhile but that's small in comparison to the pop culture that is ingrained in the average North American's head that causes me to full out vomit.

It's sad to see generations worshiping the Hollywood god.

So, in the only Canadian way I can think of, I would like to say to those guys on Diggers......

Take off eh! You bunch of hosers!

Cheers,
Dave.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am glad to see another metal detecting show on TV, really I am, but come on. The nonsensical phrases and words these detector guys are using make me want to bury them in the ground. As if that , "Boom Baby" wasn't already bad enough, this ridiculous, "Nic in the poc", "Nectar in the hole", "Roundage" "Civ", "Rev", "Colongne" and all of that other nauseating crap is something those two need to keep to themselves. I am truly having to bite my tongue to keep from calling these knuckleheads what I really think of them and all of their juvenile names. As a gold prospector I saw the same kind of thing creep into the prospecting world. Suddenly it went from, "Found anything?" "Well I've got a little flour gold in the pan." to everybody ALWAYS having some "color" in the pan. That was one guy's simple term that went what they call viral these days, and suddenly everybody has color in their pan. That wasn't so hard to deal with, but these two guys and their apparent inability to finish saying a word has led to some of the most ridiculous jargon ever. "G in the hole" means gold in the hole, or, "I found some gold." They are both just as easy to say. G and gold are both single syllable, and it's not that hard to complete the word gold is it? Anyway, if you are out detecting with me and I hear one of those stupid words being used, I am going to bury your A in the D.
You wouldnt have to worry about me detecting with you...sounds like your way is the only way. People use terms on T Net like scrim and tectors...maybe they will stop if you ask them to cut out the nonsense.

Hendrix

Jan 8, 2007
Southeast Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went detecting this morning and it was very squatchy....

Oh wait, I think I'm confusing hobbies.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey regardless of their lingo or even if you don't like the show they seem to me like 2 guys who are friends and enjoy detecting.. Also I don't mind seeing two people that do this hobby that are happy for one another when they make a find.. But they have some jargon so what.. U have a remote...

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree. It is a target, dirt, a hole and a find. Newbies take note.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We should have a show about T-Net.:hello:
A show about T-Net? That is one sure way to kill our club. The only things that will not end up on the cutting room floor is the bickering... which is a sure way to cause most to switch to "I Love Lucy" for the billionth time! TTC

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Complaining about someone saying G instead of gold or Nic instead of Nickle :dontknow: Really?? This is what you guys are complaining about. The last time I checked not many of us are making a living doing this. I guess some people don't agree with me on the definition of fun. The dictionary defines it as:

fun

[fuhn]
1.something that provides mirth or amusement.

2.enjoyment or playfulness: She's full of fun.

3.Informal. joke; kid.

4.Informal. of or pertaining to fun.

5.Informal. whimsical.

These guys are playful, amusing, joke and kid around. In other words they are having fun. I do this for fun too. Oh the heck with it. If I have to explain what fun is I'm wasting my time anyways....

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Their ridiculous and I believe fake as a 3 dollar bill. Their detectors beep even when there just swinging. I tried to watch and I agree with the op on his view and other replies to use my remote if I don't like and not watch. My Opinion.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
as a newbie I have been waiting for warm weather to work on my own running and rolling in the grass everytime I find something.
You suggesting that's not the way to do it?

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their detectors beep even when there just swinging.

I don't think the "beeps" are supposed to be the detector actually beeping. Just giving the people who might not know what it sounds like an idea of what we hear. We can't actually hear them. They have headphones on for goodness sake.

use my remote if I don't like and not watch. My Opinion.

You are definitely entitled to your opinion. You know what they say about opinions right? Everyone has one. :icon_thumright:

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as a newbie I have been waiting for warm weather to work on my own running and rolling in the grass everytime I find something.
You suggesting that's not the way to do it?

Sounds like fun to me.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
A show about T-Net? That is one sure way to kill our club. The only things that will not end up on the cutting room floor is the bickering... which is a sure way to cause most to switch to "I Love Lucy" for the billionth time! TTC
...There sure is a lot here over nothing......They sure would show the bickering.. if nothing else...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions