Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I said i don't watch any reality shows ...... It could be said i stretched the truth a little ..... Or it could be that i lied........ But i do watch diggers....... For i have been watching them for 4 or 5 years on DVD before they went on TV.......... THERE JARGON IS FINE WITH ME.....

Last edited:

Itsmy6

Feb 14, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Their lingo doesn't bother me. I mean at least I don't want to toss a dictionary at their heads.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I really do feel your pain but I do not sympathize with y'all.

I'm 40 years old and I have witnessed the complete destruction of the English language in my lifetime.

Thanks to the American hip hop culture and ghetto's, Canucks born in the great white north dress and talk like their from the Projects.

These bad azz, mo fo's think they're living in East L.A. and are trying to live their lives like Fiddy Cent.

Or what about that Valley girl "LIKE OH MY GOD LIKE A LIKE LIKE...." that almost every teenage Canadian girl has talked like for decades now? Just like the chick from the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

While in the California area, what about the surfer talk that spread through the continent during the 80's and 90's? I guess no one thinks things are totally tubular anymore.

Or the internet lingo that people are verbally saying out loud? If I dig deep, I'm sure I could find a few more examples.

Sure, Diggers give me the dry heaves once in awhile but that's small in comparison to the pop culture that is ingrained in the average North American's head that causes me to full out vomit.

It's sad to see generations worshiping the Hollywood god.

So, in the only Canadian way I can think of, I would like to say to those guys on Diggers......

Take off eh! You bunch of hosers!

Cheers,
Dave.

WORD, Dawg...

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wuz just kickin' it at the club last night when shorty comes up and axed me why I wuz spittin' to all her peeps that I wuz a G.
"Homeboyz on dat Diggerz show are real G's."
Trying not to dis that dimepiece I say....
"What up da bomb?" "Diggerz?" "They ain't no G. Ain't no baller. Wigity-wack hoodrat you trippin'!!!!"
"Who you callin' a hoodrat?"
"Chill baby mama I ain't dissing you. Dose Diggerz ain't all that......Couldn't even hold the weight of that gold medallion around their neck!"
"You is bent and blunted dog. Nuttin' but a hater!"
"No. I'm straight up. I got scratch in dis pocket, whistle in dat pocket and plenty of ice all over me. More bling than dose Diggerz!
My skillz are dope and I always find the cheeze! My crib is ill and my Lex is fat.
Youz right! I'm no G..........I'm an OG!!!
Let's dip boo. Jet outta here. You know I'm tight and my herb is bumpin'!"
"Word up Digga D. Let's roll out."
Peace.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It's like gang hand signs. Each gang wants to be unique and create there own language of hand sings. It gives them a sense of superiority in a kind of stupid way. Frank

111-1 profileRED.jpg

OUTCOME1

Oct 22, 2012
Hanover, VA
Detector(s) used
teknetics delta 4000 w/dd coil...teknetics pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i want to go prospecting for 'G"..lol there terms are about as corny as bobo the clown in a strip club..

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's like gang hand signs. Each gang wants to be unique and create there own language of hand sings. It gives them a sense of superiority in a kind of stupid way. Frank

View attachment 741210
Or maybe they are just having fun.

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i want to go prospecting for 'G"..lol there terms are about as corny as bobo the clown in a strip club..

I think I have figured it out. Bobo the clown would probably be the funniest thing I could ever see in a strip club but to some people that would be stupid. I'd probably invite Bobo and Mrs. Bobo to the after party and probably be wearing his red hair by the end of the night.

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 741210

Come on Frankn. That's like saying someone might add things to their posts to make them stand out more or to give them a sense of superiority in a kind of stupid way but I don't think that happens either.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Let the tv tectin guys do what they want. They made more money in a day of makin a tectin tv show than 99.9999 percent of us will find in a lifetime of tectin. They can have their little lingo. But we have ours. So fashizzle that all up in your crazy tectin televizzle show you nutty tv tectin dudes. Or something like that.

tbtwp.jpg

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know..it is goofey the little lingo they have, but I can admit, I have my own little words that I use around my freinds, family and Wife. I think the biggest thing is we are all detectorists, and hate when we hear people talking like that on TV. But as much goofey shiii they do on that show, at least I feel somewhat secure that thier finds are legit.

And I really dont think these guys talked like this before the show the way they do on it...The show is so edited like ALL the others, and just captures the crazy parts we watch.

Sometimes when Im watching it, I can see that they are uncomfortable about doing certain things....All that matters on this show is the Ratings they get. So the network wants them to be " 2 Wild and Crazy Guys"..lol

Itsmy6

Feb 14, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah if you ever watched their EMD vids you can see that they barely use it. They actually say coin and gold instead of roundness and G.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's T.V. people...........Who cares.................jmho

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread