Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last month 312,000 Americans stopped looking for work, causing the unemployment rate to fall to 7.3 percent. Today President Obama called it a step in the right direction and encouraged more Americans to stop looking for work!

JS you can take anything out of context and contort it around to make any point. Facts are Facts: if we go from losing 700k jobs per month to ANYTHING on the positive side, that's is better right?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JS you can take anything out of context and contort it around to make any point. Facts are Facts: if we go from losing 700k jobs per month to ANYTHING on the positive side, that's is better right?
beep, beep, beep... wrong answer. It's all false positives. Just check the U-6 rate (as compared to the U-3 rate) for the REAL unemployment figures. Don't believe what your government and the media tells you. That's your first mistake. Part time work does not a full-time job make, not to mention those working for minimum wage. I have not had steady work since 2006 but I am counted as "employed" because I work a couple weeks out of the month.
The Secret Life Of Unemployment: Jobless Rate In The U.S Higher Than Italy And Ireland But Is Hidden By Government

unemployment-breakdown-june-877x1024.png

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see your a flooring contractor. The housing boom went bust. Are you still a flooring contractor. Are there any other jobs out there you may be capable of with training or knowledge. I have many acquaintances who rode the housing bubble. Some were smart enough to get off before it busted some were not. My company I had for 10 years didn't survive the telecommunications burst from early 2000. I hated it but had to move on. Lost everything I had but my house and one car. I've been where you are is what in trying to say.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see your a flooring contractor. The housing boom went bust. Are you still a flooring contractor. Are there any other jobs out there you may be capable of with training or knowledge. I have many acquaintances who rode the housing bubble. Some were smart enough to get off before it busted some were not. My company I had for 10 years didn't survive the telecommunications burst from early 2000. I hated it but had to move on. Lost everything I had but my house and one car. I've been where you are is what in trying to say.
For starters... This isn't about me personally and you don't really know anything about me. I just stated that I haven't had steady work in years. That doesn't mean I don't do okay for myself. I do just fine even though I am technically only working part time.
And for the record yes, there are other jobs that I do, that did require self training and knowledge. I however, am not your average bear boo-boo. Unfortunately, the average Joe is just that... average. Not everyone has the opportunity nor the aptitude to improvise, adapt, and overcome, like I do.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kinda like saying crime rate is down if we don't count robberies.....

Economy has gone no where since bo took office and will go no where under his office.

I have friends been out of work couple years, they are not lazy and still looking.....

I just shake my head when people say things are getting better, if a ship is taking on 1000 gallons of water an hour and you slow it to 800 gallons of water an hour it is still sinking when the pumps can only handle 400 an hour.

I have worked telecom since 1973, I got caught in the telecom recession as well, laid off 3 times in 18 months and was out of work for over a year.

I worked for WorldCom, lost over $200k in retirement....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
OP
OP
JunkShopFiddler

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm 57 years old myself, I've been out of work for a year next week, No benefits, I have quit looking, so according to the government's definition I am "not unemployed" because I have been tryin' to live on clad coins and zinc pennies instead of raiding my retirement account early. So according to Obama's standards a person can make a living with a metal detector...WOO HOO!...ain't life grand? :hello:

OP
OP
JunkShopFiddler

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You actually think 300.000 folks giving up on finding a job is "on the positive side" of things? ...No wonder Obama got re-elected. :icon_scratch:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You actually think 300.000 folks giving up on finding a job is "on the positive side" of things? ...No wonder Obama got re-elected. :icon_scratch:

There really hasn't been anything "on the positive side" since we started sending "dirty" manufacturing jobs overseas. We cannot survive on a service based economy period. I'm sorry for your situation and hope things get better for you. But if you look at the economy as a whole it has not thrived since Clinton was president. Charging 2 wars to credit really has out a pinch on everyone.

OP
OP
JunkShopFiddler

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for your concern about my sitchy-ation, but don't worry 'bout me, I'm a survivor! The problem with the economy is out of control entitlements. Taxes are high in order to pay for all the handouts the Democrats use to buy votes from those greedy for more freebies! Some folks are truly needy but they are not the problem. Early in my life the Democratic party was the party of the working man...now it is the party of the man who won't work, and wants handouts from taxes taken from the men and women who will work!

Low taxes=bigger economy...higher taxes=bigger government, every time...can't have it both ways. There is a lot of psychological tap dancing and historical revisionism in the liberal media going on in order to disprove the lower taxation makes bigger economy principle, so a lot of folks will scoff instead of learn something valuable. It is probably too late anyway, where is the line for free Minelabs?

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Low taxes=bigger economy...higher taxes=bigger government, every time...can't have it both ways.

Loved this line in your post, but there is a third component ... and the one that gets overlooked the most: Bigger Government = Smaller Economy.

They literally CHOKE THE LIFE out of businesses and producers to give to deadbeats (yep, someone who can work but won't is a DEADBEAT) and their political aims.

OP
OP
JunkShopFiddler

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
there is a third component ... and the one that gets overlooked the most: Bigger Government = Smaller Economy. They literally CHOKE THE LIFE out of businesses and producers to give to deadbeats (yep, someone who can work but won't is a DEADBEAT) and their political aims.

Absolutely! Thank you!

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The national debt has been counted since the 40's and manage to get to 9 trillion when Oblamu took office and in his 4+ years his wonderful ideas of stimulation has tacked on 7 trillion more..do the math it took almost 70 years to rack up lets say 10 trillion and in 4.5 years another 7 added on, does that sound like things are looking up? I'm going to be blunt and may start an argument but im stating a fact..the reason that man got into office wasn't due to his vast experience of 12 years in any office of any kind but due to his color, this country wanted to break the racist chains and put a black man in office and im proud of that one part..we overcame a big hurdle but this guy shouldn't have been the one, he has limited to no experience, heck he still hasn't put forth an actual budget and is only pres in history to not do so. How he got reelected nobody seems to know because everyone I come across says they didn't vote for him. Ask yourself how many ppl you know did to those who didn't. You can't dig yourself out of debt by using a bigger shovel..big government =s big spending =s big shovel.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The national debt has been counted since the 40's and manage to get to 9 trillion when Oblamu took office and in his 4+ years his wonderful ideas of stimulation has tacked on 7 trillion more..do the math it took almost 70 years to rack up lets say 10 trillion and in 4.5 years another 7 added on, does that sound like things are looking up? I'm going to be blunt and may start an argument but im stating a fact..the reason that man got into office wasn't due to his vast experience of 12 years in any office of any kind but due to his color, this country wanted to break the racist chains and put a black man in office and im proud of that one part..we overcame a big hurdle but this guy shouldn't have been the one, he has limited to no experience, heck he still hasn't put forth an actual budget and is only pres in history to not do so. How he got reelected nobody seems to know because everyone I come across says they didn't vote for him. Ask yourself how many ppl you know did to those who didn't. You can't dig yourself out of debt by using a bigger shovel..big government =s big spending =s big shovel.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

color of skin was no reason to vote for anyone,
unless your voting for miss (whatever color) america.

as for How he got reelected , do you really think votes count ?
why do you think votes are electronic now ?
the whole voting process is just to make everyone feel their opinion counts.

if 3 people across the world who don't know each other are told to hold up 1 or 2 fingers.

and someone tells you 2 out of three held up 2 fingers.

are you gonna believe them ?
& do you think they care if you believe them ?
the elite get they want :(

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay, all of this aside, let's take a look at possibly a typical worker today...

I lost my job in '09.

Looked for work for 5 months. Found a job at 1/3 of my former pay, but had to change states...

Worked for 14 months with that job until I could find a better paying job, had to move again to get 50% of my pay from '09

Now, the company I work for now has announced a 50% layoff by the end of the year...

I've been steadily searching for my next step - but I see that anyone hiring is paying less than 1/3 of what I made in '09, and those too require changing states again....

I am a construction engineer, and there is no bright future in construction either - there are only sweat shops capitalizing on the economy.... Similar to slavery = the steps we must take to feed ourselves, and consider bankruptcy.....

And this is the deal those of us who are lucky to have a job are facing - and it is NOT pretty... From what I've seen, this administration has wasted far more money than the 10 years of war cost.

Maybe I'll just get an Obama phone and milk the society like all the recipient class do now....

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
How is this a joke? Why is this in Comedy Central?

This is nothing more than political commentary.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
How is this a joke? Why is this in Comedy Central?

This is nothing more than political commentary.

How do you figure that? Either we laugh at the foolishness or cry. If you want to wah wah wah, then you're in the wrong forum.

Whinning 101 is on Oprah.com, not comedy central at Treasurenet.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
How do you figure that? Either we laugh at the foolishness or cry. If you want to wah wah wah, then you're in the wrong forum.

Whinning 101 is on Oprah.com, not comedy central at Treasurenet.

Re-read my comment and see if you can comprehend it.

I said nothing of people laughing at foolishness or political commentary. You can laugh at whatever you want to.

I am saying that many posts in this section, such as the OP's, do not qualify as jokes or comedy.

It is political commentary. There is a big difference.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I said nothing of people laughing at foolishness or political commentary. You can laugh at whatever you want to.

I am saying that many posts in this section, such as the OP's, do not qualify as jokes or comedy.

Actually I find the OP's sarcastic. which Sarcasm is a form of Jokes.

I laughed because I believe they do it here.

once someones unemployment runs out, They are no longer counted on the unemployment line,
So by that reasoning,
if they would get rid of unemployment compensation, there would be 0 unemployment :tongue3:

Of course most of the Responses, Including mine Unfortunately :unhappysmiley: have political overtones,
I try to keep them sarcastic to fit :laughing7:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Then please explain why Jay Leno is paid to work as a comedian. After all, HE is the one who said it during one of his comedy routines.

Must be terrible to live without being able to laugh at funny stuff. But, then again, I bet you laughed when the Iraqi threw his shoes at George Bush.

As for the other posts, just expanding on what Jay Leno said.

Besides, being true doesn't disqualify something from being funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread