JESSE CAPEN ; What lead him to his search area?

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
It was never made public - and will never be. Only a very few have seen it. IMO, there will always be a monument to Jesse in the Supes - that is where he gave his soul.

Mrs.O

Beth,
Was this really your way of politely telling me that it is none of my business? I didn't read it that way but it seems that other less reliable sources are translating for you. Anyway, if it's a criminal investigation, I would think that defining it that way is completely appropriate.

No one is asking for details, only an understanding.

About the reports... Only time defines the standard of poor taste and historical research.

RG1976

Mar 30, 2015
Scottsdale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq & Vaquero

Leupold BX-3 Mojave & RX1200i Rangefinder
Primary Interest:
Other
Calling Frank and I "less reliable" is insinuating we are making things up and being dishonest. As I understand it – that is against the rules here.

Speaking for myself - I don't appreciate the attack. Please stop.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Victor do you describe your sticking your nose in Ryan's threat case historical research? Or just a nosey call to Scottsdale PD

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hal, tell me did you find the mine?
Oh darn, I wasn't supposed to let that cat fly out the door, er..ah...sorry Hal.

Good to see you back old friend!

I had a murder suspect work for me once. He was the only suspect in an unsolved murder in Flagstaff from 1987.
He got off scot free because he hired a private investigator to look into the open case and find out what they had against him.
Then he proceeded to modify his lies, dispose of his hunting knife, get rid of his clothes, to cover himself.

To this day he is free.

You could hire an investigator usually a retired Cop and get the info on the Capen case in Arizona. They have access.

Bill,
You are a card and I hope that you keep posting your ideas and discoveries.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calling Frank and I "less reliable" is insinuating we are making things up and being dishonest. As I understand it – that is against the rules here.

No rule violations, no names were used other than "other".

If members keep snipping at each other I will issue 30 day timeouts to all parties involved......

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Victor do you describe your sticking your nose in Ryan's threat case historical research? Or just a nosey call to Scottsdale PD

Probably just nosey. But I am not sure where you came up with the call to the Scottsdale PD. Another one of your "sources"?

Why are you so interested in a conversation that has little to do with you anyway?

Last edited:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010

RG1976,
I was responding to Beth's post, which was commented on by Frank, so I am not sure why you feel that I was writing about you? You remember Frank, don't you? I have no reason to attack you Ryan. Anyway, best of luck and keep the camera rolling!

Last edited:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
No rule violations, no names were used other than "other".

If members keep snipping at each other I will issue 30 day timeouts to all parties involved......

Just to be clear, how can you fault a member who response to another's persistent and childish snipping? I personally don't mind snipping if it's done intelligently (that's rare) but at this point your warnings are starting to ring hallow.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to be clear, how can you fault a member who response to another's persistent and childish snipping? I personally don't mind snipping if it's done intelligently (that's rare) but at this point your warnings are starting to ring hallow.
Hal, its not open for debate and your post is out of line. Read our rules..

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When Jesse went missing many of us thought he just planned his own disappearance. I had never thought he would be murdered or pushed to his death by a bush whacker.
I almost called his Mother about him wanting to help her find her son. I even went as far as getting her phone number in Colorado.
It was not that hot at the time with plenty of rain water so many assumed he would have the essentials to survive if he was lost. Why another coroner would rule it a homicide could only be speculation.
But looking at the past history of those that have died there is only one conclusion.

He must have had gunshot holes in his skull.

That's the pattern connecting all the mysterious deaths in those mountains all the way back.

He probably went to close to someone's site and they followed him up there or shot him from below. That someone may have put a name on that sign in card in the jar at one time or another.
That someone may even be posting on this site and listening to all of us talk about him right now.

Creepy thought......

May even be the Ghost of old Jacob himself protecting his mine in the afterlife!

If his skull did show signs of gun shot wounds I bet you could go back there and find the bullets that did it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Per TreasureNet rules:

"Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public.*"

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
When Jesse went missing many of us thought he just planned his own disappearance. I had never thought he would be murdered or pushed to his death by a bush whacker.
I almost called his Mother about him wanting to help her find her son. I even went as far as getting her phone number in Colorado.
It was not that hot at the time with plenty of rain water so many assumed he would have the essentials to survive if he was lost. Why another coroner would rule it a homicide could only be speculation.
But looking at the past history of those that have died there is only one conclusion.

He must have had gunshot holes in his skull.

That's the pattern connecting all the mysterious deaths in those mountains all the way back.

He probably went to close to someone's site and they followed him up there or shot him from below. That someone may have put a name on that sign in card in the jar at one time or another.
That someone may even be posting on this site and listening to all of us talk about him right now.

Creepy thought......

May even be the Ghost of old Jacob himself protecting his mine in the afterlife!

If his skull did show signs of gun shot wounds I bet you could go back there and find the bullets that did it.

Thats one hell of a post Bill. Makes me look somewhat sensitive.
Why not follow through and give the mother a call? Who knows what you might learn.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Per TreasureNet rules:

"Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public.*"

Easy enough.
Thank you for the insight!

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats one hell of a post Bill. Makes me look somewhat sensitive.
Why not follow through and give the mother a call? Who knows what you might learn.

Hi Hal,

The Mother would probably not want to talk about it even after all this time.

Who knows?

If she does have evidence of his demise she may just share it with the hope whomever did it would be caught by our local law enforcement that patrols the Superstitions regularly.

The Black Legionaires.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Hi Hal,

The Mother would probably not want to talk about it even after all this time.

Who knows?

If she does have evidence of his demise she may just share it with the hope whomever did it would be caught by our local law enforcement that patrols the Superstitions regularly.

The Black Legionaires.

The man who asks the questions.

Bill, would you post a summary of the autopsy report if someone shared it with you or would you consider it bad form to do so? One thing is certain, that kind of post would get many, many hits. Think about Ruth and how casually people write about his death. It's the same scenario.

Black Legionaries? Have they recorded anything recently?

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
The man who asks the questions.

Bill, would you post a summary of the autopsy report if someone shared it with you or would you consider it bad form to do so? One thing is certain, that kind of post would get many, many hits. Think about Ruth and how casually people write about his death. It's the same scenario.

Black Legionaries? Have they recorded anything recently?

Victor,

Bill may not know that Jesse's mom has been known to look in on this site.

Take care,

Joe

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee, I'm sorry I said anything at all. Cynthia (Jesse's mom) and I are friends. I brought Jesse's maps to one of the rendezvous, in hopes that the Superstition Rescue guys could get something from them. In the course of this whole thing, Cynthia only wanted to bring Jesse home. When he was found, she flew to Arizona to see his body. 5 days later, they released it, and she brought him home, and was examined at home, and she laid him to rest. She didn't want a memorial - ever. It is Cynthia who said that his monument was there on the mountain (I had wanted to do a monument back then). For the record - no bullet holes anywhere. Now, Cynthia spends her energy (as does his Uncle Greg) trying to remember the good times, and getting on with life. She has medical issues, and, all things considered, as she said, nothing can change what has happened, so, having him come home is the best thing she could have hoped for, and I agree with her. I, myself, cannot imagine losing my child, ever, never mind spending so much time not even knowing where he was or what had happened to him. And I cannot imagine myself bringing all that front and center years later, just to satisfy someone's curiosity. Please, let sleeping dogs lie (or dead men's mothers be).

Mrs.O

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Gee, I'm sorry I said anything at all. Cynthia (Jesse's mom) and I are friends. I brought Jesse's maps to one of the rendezvous, in hopes that the Superstition Rescue guys could get something from them. In the course of this whole thing, Cynthia only wanted to bring Jesse home. When he was found, she flew to Arizona to see his body. 5 days later, they released it, and she brought him home, and was examined at home, and she laid him to rest. She didn't want a memorial - ever. It is Cynthia who said that his monument was there on the mountain (I had wanted to do a monument back then). For the record - no bullet holes anywhere. Now, Cynthia spends her energy (as does his Uncle Greg) trying to remember the good times, and getting on with life. She has medical issues, and, all things considered, as she said, nothing can change what has happened, so, having him come home is the best thing she could have hoped for, and I agree with her. I, myself, cannot imagine losing my child, ever, never mind spending so much time not even knowing where he was or what had happened to him. And I cannot imagine myself bringing all that front and center years later, just to satisfy someone's curiosity. Please, let sleeping dogs lie (or dead men's mothers be).

Mrs.O

Thank you for writing that post as it answers many questions. In my opinion, Cynthia is fortunate to have found someone who cares.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread