Jesse James Treasure

SODABOTTLEBOB

Silver Member
Sep 20, 2009
Southern California
In My Humble Opinion!

After reviewing the play ...

1. Jesse James was "probably" killed by Bob Ford and there was no conspiracy!

2. Ron Pastore is a con and the "stuff" he found was "probably" planted!

Signing off until "Part Two" airs on the History Channel.

Sincerely, SODABOTTLEBOBBROWN

P.S. For "Hundreds" of images of Jesse James go to www.Bing.com

Attachments

• Jesse James Book.jpg
    Jesse James Book.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,279
  • Jesse James Book.jpg
    Jesse James Book.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 709

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I can see a new conspiracy now. LOL :laughing7:
Ford was in on the supposed killing of Jesse, as was the entire family. In order to alieve the pressures of the bounty, they faked his death and buried someone else in the grave. Thus allowing Jesse to go on till his real demise. Then the bodies were switched when Zerelda could no longer live alone, her son’s body was moved to the Mount Olivet Cemetery in Kearney, Missouri and placed next to his wife on July 29, 1902. Frank James was present at the re-burial of his brother.

Now the various things that can supposedly prove it's Jesse in the grave are there for the exhumation to say it was Jesse all along. :read2:

Just a story of my own imagination. ::)

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Where to start...

I finally got around to watching the program last night. I know there are some KGC treasure enthusiasts on here and I won't knock them by any means, but I didn't find their KGC references too terribly convincing. There wasn't any true evidence, just speculation. From the get go, something also bothered me about the Pastore guy and his cohorts. Their supposed skill sets really didnt impress me. I love how it said the loud one was GPR certified. I'm sure when they bought the GPR system, they took a course on it issued by the GPR manufacturer and afterwards gave them a certificate saying they are GPR certified. From my experience as an archaeologist being around GPR (I am not GPR certified, haha), they really didn't display a true mastery of it in both their usage as well as interpretation. Next comes the metal detectors. I by no means claim to be an expert detectorist, but come on, they were reading off the Garrett like it was a machine that just spit out a 100% true answer for what was in the ground and what it was and how deep it was.

I still am pretty skeptical about the gold bar and mason jar find. It was just all too convenient. I get on here a few times a week to read about finds and stories of TNET'ers who spend more time in the field than they do at home. I don't recall many stories of mason jars with silver dollars and gold coins or gold bars being found very often, and these amateurs just stumble upon them after their interpretation of some symbols. I really hate being a skeptic like this, but I just can't help it. And seriously, if you have dug down 8-10 feet or whatever, how do you stop all of a sudden and claim you need more investors for heavier equipment and just hope to make it back before the winter. If you feel it is necessary to carry shotguns and have pistols strapped to your sides, how would you just leave a half excavated area there? I've got an idea, sell your gold bar and coins. If they were real finds, that should have been an easy $10k, and if you cannot rent a bigger backhoe for a day or two for $10k, you've got problems.

That was the issues I had with the program. The only other comment I have is regarding the family of the JM James who claim he was Jesse James. They said the negative DNA report was inconclusive because the evidence chain on the DNA. That is only an argument you would make at a criminal trial. What I couldnt understand was why didnt they just do a DNA test on the grandson or great grandson? To me, that sealed the deal that they were of no relation to Jesse James. That would have been the first thing to do. If they did that though, it wouldnt have made for good tv when it came back negative.

In summary, I just don't buy it. As I said before, I really hate being the skeptic like this, but if I can easily say it doesn't add up, it really doesn't. I suggest that the History Channel hire actors to portray the treasure hunters next time. They may be more believable then.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said Philvis :thumbsup:
I must say that upon reviewing the program, I have to agree with everything you said!

GG~

SpectrumKevin

Nov 12, 2009
Honestly, I admit I don't think he faked it. I watched it yet again and believe it or not, I don't think he knows how to use a compass. For it to continue to read due north, you must be walking due north. I think the guy simply started walking 30 degrees off north, and the compass read this, as it should. Then he had a "religious experience" moment. By the way, I've met many people who don't know how to use a compass. You can't use a compass by holding the compass and walking a line that seems to point in a given direction; at least not very well. You need to take a sighting on a faraway point of land, walk to that point, take another reading, etc.

On the Jesse James Foundation website, they have begun a chapter by chapter debunking of the whole thing.

SpectrumKevin

Nov 12, 2009
Do you have a link to the Jesse James Foundation site in regards to this legend?

Here you go.

http://ericjames.org/wordpress/?author=1

Sorry I was confused about the "foundation." There is no such thing apparently; that was a "pigment of my imagination." That is the blog from the site called "Stray Leaves: A James Family in American Since 1650." That has the links for the first two chapters, and a blistering attack on the Ganis guy. The main Stray Leaves site is simply http://ericjames.org/

Some interesting items from the site:

Facts and Myths about Jesse James:

http://www.ericjames.org/Jesse_James_Myths_and_Facts.html

Frank James was asked in the early 1900s if they hung out in caves in Missouri. His answer is pretty funny.

Judge James Ross on claimants to being Jesse James. He is a great-grandson of Jesse from his son.

http://www.ericjames.org/JamesRossMemoriam/page2.html

SpectrumKevin

Nov 12, 2009
By the way, I've met many people who don't know how to use a compass.

I have considerable experience panning, prospecting, and dredging for gold in 3 states, most of it in Virginia. I was field trip chairman for a rock club in Richmond called MESA which I must admit I took on to get the permission for all the spots we went. I trained numerous people to pan for gold.

An experience I used to have all the time was this: A guy would go "oh man the pan is chock full of gold. Problem is it just floats away!" I am reminded of the feeling I had then, when I watch this guy, pretty much everything he does.

If my analysis of how to use a compass is bogus I'd like to know.

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey, im new here but im intrigued with the jesse james treasure as well as beale treasure so if i may of assistance im from the northern Mo area about 30 min from the home of JJ...

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man i knw ive been in that terrain, born n breed ks boy. we farmed from se ks 2 goodland, sures h ell dont look anythg like topeka, manhattan, junction city, saline cities, definitely south of i70

kgunn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread