Jesse James Treasure

K

Kentucky Kache

SWR said:
dirtscratcher said:
History Channel just ran ad for monday night looks interesting.

I've seen the trailer/teaser as well. Appears as if History Channel may be running a special on the various conspiracy theories surrounding Jesse James and the plethora of legends. :dontknow:

Are you gonna call in and ask them to produce documents? :D

K

Kentucky Kache

SWR said:
Kentucky Kache said:
SWR said:
dirtscratcher said:

I've seen the trailer/teaser as well. Appears as if History Channel may be running a special on the various conspiracy theories surrounding Jesse James and the plethora of legends. :dontknow:

Would you have a problem with that, if I did? Surely someone that believes the Moon Landing was a hoax, such as yourself, would request supporting documentation.

No problem. I'll even help you look for the phone number.

If you want to contribute to the fake moon landing thread, you can do that. This is not that thread. But if you see footage of Jesse James, I guess it has to be real, right? :wink:

K

Kentucky Kache

SWR said:
Kentucky Kache said:
SWR said:
Kentucky Kache said:
SWR said:
dirtscratcher said:

Would you have a problem with that, if I did? Surely someone that believes the Moon Landing was a hoax, such as yourself, would request supporting documentation.

No problem. I'll even help you look for the phone number.

If you want to contribute to the fake moon landing thread, you can do that. This is not that thread. But if you see footage of Jesse James, I guess it has to be real, right? :wink:

Jesse James (the outlaw) is dead. The chances of seeing footage of him are as ridicules as saying the Moon Landing was a hoax.

Yeah, I kind of figured he was dead. But I don't have documented proof. We shouldn't believe it without documented proof.
I'd still say you have as good a chance seeing footage of him as you do seeing a real moon landing. No proof for either.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw that dirtscratcher and thought it might be pretty cool to watch, but I go back to work that night. I ain't gonna be a smarta** and go on about actual footage of Dingus and the moon landin, and if Elvis is alive, and so on. Your post didn't relate to that. Thanks for the heads up.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
For those who forget to watch or have a VCR malfunction it will
be rebroadcast on saturday night. siegfried schlagrule

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I live not to far from Kearney MO...to hear tell, there is Jesse James treasure buried from here to Oklahoma and from here to Kansas and Kentucky... But in all seriousness, if you do the math....and the research, where did all those years of proceeds from the robberies go? In the 1980's the State of Mo allowed Medal detectors on the James property (first time ever detected) 1 park attendant per detector person.....NO Caches..NO LOOT...they said they didn't really think money would be hidden there. Mainly due to the Pinkertons and other agencies of dubious character watching the premises.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the INFO....just set TV to record it.....I'll find those hidden treasures.

K

Kentucky Kache

rjw4law said:
Thanks for the INFO....just set TV to record it.....I'll find those hidden treasures.

Careful...don't run upon any stills. :wink:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I grew up hearing all kinds of stories about Jesse James and what all he and his gang supposedly did in this area. I am no expert but it doesn't take much common sense to realize that most of it has to be embellished. Here is a neat on-line book written by Cole Younger (his auto-biography) after he was released from prison in 1903. It mentions Jesse James briefly and doesn't go into any details of a lot of robberies except for the Northfield raid but it is a very interesting first hand, believeable account of how things happened back then. I hope you enjoy it,

Charlie

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/24585/24585-h/24585-h.html

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rjw4law said:
I live not to far from Kearney MO...to hear tell, there is Jesse James treasure buried from here to Oklahoma and from here to Kansas and Kentucky... But in all seriousness, if you do the math....and the research, where did all those years of proceeds from the robberies go? In the 1980's the State of Mo allowed Medal detectors on the James property (first time ever detected) 1 park attendant per detector person.....NO Caches..NO LOOT...they said they didn't really think money would be hidden there. Mainly due to the Pinkertons and other agencies of dubious character watching the premises.

I am pretty sure they would have buried it too deep for a mere metal detector of the 1980's to find. Perhaps a two box or a magnetometer of today would be capable of finding it if any is there.

GG~

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jesse and Frank were big into horse racin, so I've heard. They probably spent most everything they ever stole. Still, it's pretty fun to speculate about treasure they never spent.

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D

Attachments

• Oct.08 006 [50%].jpg
    Oct.08 006 [50%].jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 5,324

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
BS, I saw the King this afternoon at the car show in McAllen selling funnel cakes today. He is not dead! :wink: Thanks for the heads up dirtscratcher. I had heard about it and forgotten it was playing Monday. As for SWR"s antics, just chuckle and go on with life. He does this sort of thing a lot, but don't be provoked. Again, thanks.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. Dirtscratcher just posted a little heads up about somethin we might want to watch with no judgement either way on the material. Thanks. Antics? Well, I suppose you could say that SWR is an easily provoked smartass. Well, I guess so am I because I have to side with SWR on a lot of things. I just protest them in a different way. I may not agree with them, but SWR has some posts that made me back up and take a different look at some things. I learn a lot from controversy.

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
Look, a good soul (dirtscratcher, and no I do not have documented proof on him being a good soul) simply posted some very good info for those of us that want to tune in Monday. Deviation from that is just antics. Opinion really does not matter here. Heck, I do not necessarily believe all the KGC stuff about James but I would like to watch the show. My opinion on weather or not the James deal is true has nothing to do with the atrutistic nature of this thread. Yes, starting a debate here on the truth or conspiracy of the KGC and Jessie James is slinging cow pie against the wall and seeing if it will stick. Yes, immature antics indeed. :nono: Not nice. I am sure SWR makes great post and does a fine job of being the devils advocate. Sorry, but this is not the approiate thread. Like it or not, it is the truth.

K

Kentucky Kache

SWR said:
21stTNCav said:
Look, a good soul (dirtscratcher, and no I do not have documented proof on him being a good soul) simply posted some very good info for those of us that want to tune in Monday. Deviation from that is just antics. Opinion really does not matter here. Heck, I do not necessarily believe all the KGC stuff about James but I would like to watch the show. My opinion on weather or not the James deal is true has nothing to do with the atrutistic nature of this thread. Yes, starting a debate here on the truth or conspiracy of the KGC and Jessie James is slinging cow pie against the wall and seeing if it will stick. Yes, immature antics indeed. :nono: Not nice. I am sure SWR makes great post and does a fine job of being the devils advocate. Sorry, but this is not the approiate thread. Like it or not, it is the truth.

General Discussion is the section this is posted in...and general discussion it shall be.

Your opinion counts, as well as mine. HOWEVER...as statistics show...when SWR makes a post, the woogies come out of the woodwork in a wonderful fashion of hush your mouth.

HA!

That's because almost every time you make a post it's telling someone they are wrong, or misled. A lot of us don't necessarily disagree with you on some of your beliefs, it's just that every time someone sneezes they are made to feel silly because they can't prov it was a real sneeze. It really gets old. REALLY!

K

Kentucky Kache

SWR said:
Kentucky Kache said:
That's because almost every time you make a post it's telling someone they are wrong, or misled. A lot of us don't necessarily disagree with you on some of your beliefs, it's just that every time someone sneezes they are made to feel silly because they can't prov it was a real sneeze. It really gets old. REALLY!

Might I suggest using the IGNORE feature, rather than disrupt the thread?

Ignore don't make the problem go away. If it were that simple.
Good grief man, just give people a little breathing room.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread