Jesse James Treasures: Do They Likely Still Exist?

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
ONE thing that I remember reading was that MANY Marshals, Deputies, Texas Rangers, etc were former Knights of the Golden Circle who KNEW Jesse James; "covering" for him by "looking the other way". "Trained"...? PROBABLY... by "Q", KGC, et al. The OLD, ORIGINAL Texas Rangers were PROBABLY Knights of the IRON HAND... FEARLESS!

I can absolutely believe that, even now...Not with Baker or the others though.

15yrs later he wanted attention for himself, the town and his family. I don't believe that about Ben Estes, the undertaker though. He had integrity, his reputation and business mattered to him.

When you get a sec, take a look at Granbury..Oran Baker..Hood County, TX..JFKennedy..LB Johnson..JW Booth, John St. Helen. I'm sure those searches will lead you to other things.

Everything Reb suggested I read and what I've picked up on my own suggests a very secretive organization that is very selective in members. J.Frank Dalton and Orvus Lee Houk sold out everyone they could for a quarter. That cannot be the same KGC.

Kace

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Almost certain that the REAL Jesse James would have NEVER taken the 3rd Degree, Knight of the Columbian Star (Governing Degree, HQ in NYC... he HATED "Yanks"). Nor would he have joined OAK, Order of the American Knights (for the same reason).

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
As stated before... after John Howard/Jeremiah Mason James was murdered in 1882 (as Jesse James), the REAL Jesse James "assumed" his cousin's identity, becoming the FARMER, Jeremiah Mason James... freeing him (JJ) up to do his 2nd Degree "Work" of the KGC, as being "in charge" of KGC $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$; 2nd Degree KGC was on the STATE LEVEL, Financial Degree Knight. Where was Jeremiah Mason James from, as a farmer...? Illinois, I think; hmmm...

Jeremiah (Jere Miah) James lived in Kansas, was a farmer and died in 1935. His DNA was done and found Not to Be Jesse W James.

Bill Kurtis I think did a show on it...Some in Jeri Miah James family did not like the results and are planning another DNA test. Ron Pastore even had a museum in Witchita, KS about him, it's closed now but the same family members want to open one....Without Pastore. They had a falling out.

You can read transcripts from the show and also the DNA results online.

I'll post a couple pics...I thought there was a good chance of them being kin. That gGrandson of his is a ringer of JWJ's for sure.

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you know Quantrill was Catholic? Jesse W James was kind of a mix between Baptist and Catholic.

Didn't some of that clash with KGC and especially Masons?

I've been to Richmond, MO and Orrick, MO...where William T. 'Bloody Bill' Anderson's from and where he died and is buried. I'll check but I think he and Bush were Baptist as was his family. If it's different I'll change it.

Quantrill is buried in a Catholic Cemetery in Louisville, KY. I've been there too...Not for that reason but since I was there I went.

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
IMG_0690.PNG

Jere Miah James gGrandson...Jeremiah James

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
No DNA match, eh...? JJ above looks like a "dead-ringer" for Jesse James, tho.

You're right, it's hard to believe that Jeremiah James has no relationship to JWJ, just looking at that photo. I have one of Jere Miah James that died in 1935 and he sorta resembles the JWJ family too. Not like his gGrandson, but close.

Jeremiah James, pictured above would walk around Pastore's James Museum in period dress and talk to visitors..

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Here's what I think happened; JWJ became Jeremiah MASON James, as a FARMER in Kansas. Being "high & mighty" in the KGC 2nd Degree/32nd Degree Scottish Rite ("at-sight" by CSA Gen. Albert Pike 33rd SR/SJ), JWJ was "free" to assume his KGC Obligations of the KGC 2nd Degree, and "Take Care of Business" of KGC $$$$$$$$$$$$$, for the "Southern Cause". In terms of NO DNA "match", PROBABLY left "instructions" to switch bodies/DNA at his (JWJ) death... dunno. It was a KGC "thing" that we don't understand. "They" were "sneaky" like that...

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's what I think happened; JWJ became Jeremiah MASON James, as a FARMER in Kansas. Being "high & mighty" in the KGC 2nd Degree/32nd Degree Scottish Rite ("at-sight" by CSA Gen. Albert Pike 33rd SR/SJ), JWJ was "free" to assume his KGC Obligations of the KGC 2nd Degree, and "Take Care of Business" of KGC $$$$$$$$$$$$$, for the "Southern Cause". In terms of NO DNA "match", PROBABLY left "instructions" to switch bodies/DNA at his (JWJ) death... dunno. It was a KGC "thing" that we don't understand. "They" were "sneaky" like that...

I think there could be some connection because some things were found hidden after a gAunt had passed led the family, Pastore and Kurtis to believe some sort of connection to Jesse W James, I have no clue what...This is so recent that there are still family and friends who knew the aunt and Jere Miah.. not everyone is believing this claim...Of Course.
About 50/50 from what I can find...

Here is my very open ended thought...I thought it intentional that both Jesse and Frank along with their families were listed in the 1880 census in Tennessee.

Jesse listed as Thomas Benton Howard..Tom Howard....Frank listed as Ben Woodson.

People that are wanted Do Not List Themselves On Census...Unless they want it known.. The census taker remembered them and they didn't claim to be brothers. He was shocked when Thomas Howard aka Jesse James was reported killed. It's strange a census taker would remember anyone as many people as they came into contact with..

Both go to Danville, Virginia for a short time then James Ed Warren shows up in Lynchburg, VA and Jesse goes to Excelsior Springs, MO. To the Springs that were recently discovered, then to Kansas City, MO and then Tom Howard shows up and moves to 1318 Lafayette St, St Joseph, MO. Where Thomas B Howard aka Jesse W James is Supposedly Killed..

There is also a Thomas Howard listed in St Joe Directories Before and After April,1882.

So...I don't think that it was an accident that Tom Howard was recorded on the census and Tom Howard was the person who lived at the Lafayette address and subsequently shot and killed.

I'm going to check and see when Jere Miah James settled Kansas...The smart thing for JWJ to do was not choose an alias that had anything to do with Jesse-Frank-Woodson-James names. Like the Thomas Benton Howard name suggested nothing similar to Jesse Woodson James...Or Any James.

Just my thoughts...

Kace

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, If Jesse James was "cloistered" in a community in Kansas as Jeremiah MASON James, among OTHER Knights of the Golden Circle/CSA REBS, HE would have GREAT protection. With that beard that Jeremiah MASON James had, HE coulda been ANYWHERE! MAYBE, there is a "pic" of old KGC/CONFEDERATE KNIGHTS with JJ/JMJ in it; "sporting" a HUGH Gray Beard... CODE NAME; GRAY BEARD... LOL! Like Black Beard! "Attention, Knights! GRAY BEARD, is in the area"...

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
JMJ/JJ... Neodesha, Kansas; year of death/burial, 1935, as you "said". "Google" Jeremiah Mason James in Neodesha, Kansas. GREAT info about Belle Starr, the Outlaw; also was GREAT Rebel Spy, NOT to be confused with Belle Boyd from Shenandoah Valley in Va. (near Winchester, Va.); she PROBABLY knew the "Gray Ghost", Col. John S. Mosby (Raiders/Rangers).

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, If Jesse James was "cloistered" in a community in Kansas as Jeremiah MASON James, among OTHER Knights of the Golden Circle/CSA REBS, HE would have GREAT protection. With that beard that Jeremiah MASON James had, HE coulda been ANYWHERE! MAYBE, there is a "pic" of old KGC/CONFEDERATE KNIGHTS with JJ/JMJ in it; "sporting" a HUGH Gray Beard... CODE NAME; GRAY BEARD... LOL! Like Black Beard! "Attention, Knights! GRAY BEARD, is in the area"...

I do have a photo of Confederate and Union Soldiers meeting 50yrs after the war ended.. Do you think he could be in that?

That area of Kansas would be a Great Place to lay low for sure...it's still rural. Some Kansas Hiways do not have Exit ramps like most states do. The cities do like Topeka, Witchita etc, but not rural towns or communities off of major hiways.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I do have a photo of Confederate and Union Soldiers meeting 50yrs after the war ended.. Do you think he could be in that?

That area of Kansas would be a Great Place to lay low for sure...it's still rural. Some Kansas Hiways do not have Exit ramps like most states do. The cities do like Topeka, Witchita etc, but not rural towns or communities off of major hiways.
That "pic" is worth a look...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Since Neodesha, Kansas is still rural, I would go there... look around & ask if ppl remember anything about Jeremiah Mason James; DO NOT mention JESSE JAMES, as ppl may "clam up".

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
One "Blog-Spot" indicated that the Feds were having problems from KGC out of Kansas as early as 1863... JJ was too young for THAT "fight". He DID join "Q's" Guerillas later I think (in the "Free States"), as did his brother, FJ. Then, as Jeremiah Mason James...
"Google" Knights of the Golden Circle in Kansas; HH! Good Luck!

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Since Neodesha, Kansas is still rural, I would go there... look around & ask if ppl remember anything about Jeremiah Mason James; DO NOT mention JESSE JAMES, as ppl may "clam up".

That would be impossible for anyone not to connect those dots as far as asking about Jere Miah...That area is rural and small...everyone knows everyone and with Bill Kurtis, Ron Pastore and all of their Documentary Film Crews...its like the Kearney exhumation...No Way To Be On The Down Low There.... I'll put up a pic of his tombstone, but it's just a non-desript flat, dual name marker. He shares it with his wife who died the year before he did.

Pastore, acting alone, has documented his search for gold on supposed land associated with Jerimiah aka Jere Miah aka Jerry Miah James. You can probably find the documentary on-line.. youtube did have it available but I'm not sure if it's still up. Nothing has been found after 5 filmed trips. There are supposed to be 8 filmed trips total. It's Very Similar to Bob Brewer's filmed searches.

Watch it if you can find it or read the transcripts...Just my opinion, but it's nothing new or solid on Anything. Pastore also had a Jesse James Museum in Wichita that is now closed.

'Some' family members of Jere Miah want to open another Museum. Like I mentioned, it's about a 50/50 split among family and the area locals as far as believing that...THAT Jeri Miah James was Jesse Woodson James living under an alias.

The family and Pastore have had a falling out and are not on the same team...same side maybe, but different teams. They were not really happy with Kurtis regarding the final cut of the show and also they are not happy with the DNA results. Kurtis, stands by the DNA and said they got really good test samples from Jere Miah's remains and Donors for comparison.

The story has helped tourism so business owners are on the Jere Miah was the real Jesse James team.

Kace

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
One "Blog-Spot" indicated that the Feds were having problems from KGC out of Kansas as early as 1863... JJ was too young for THAT "fight". He DID join "Q's" Guerillas later I think (in the "Free States"), as did his brother, FJ. Then, as Jeremiah Mason James...
"Google" Knights of the Golden Circle in Kansas; HH! Good Luck!

I do have the Roster or Roll of all members of William Clarke Quantrill, William T. 'Bloody Bill' Anderson and George M. Todd handy here..I'll look real quick..

Under Quantrill, except for Jesse and Frank, there is only one other James,..Jason W....There have been claims that he is a cousin of JWJ, but those are false. He died in Texas in 1933, buried in NM. He was born in Lexington, MO. He was an officer, but is No Relation At All to Jesse and Frank James.

Under William T. 'Bloody Bill Anderson' there is a William James who was still living in 1911.

That's all the Partisan Rangers with the last name James...No Jere Miah, Jeremiah, Jerry etc

Kace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread