Jesse James Treasures: Do They Likely Still Exist?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Nooo, I doubt JJ will ever end...Its been 135 years since the shooting and his presence/legacy is stronger than ever.

We have discussed him and will continue to but we should incorporate Hunting possibly associated with him too...Don't you think?

Did you read the link Dog posted about JJ in Montana? Researching those things is your department as you stated. Then we can investigate it during and after the research. I did a cursory search and I do think that's in the 'Litte' Butte area. Let us know what you think. I briefly looked on the genealogical side and old Plat Maps. That's It. You can probably find more details.

Kace
OK.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Thank You franklin...I didn't see the DECODED episode on Danville..I have seen the show but I've never seen them DECODE Anything so it's not on my DVR anymore. I might see if I can find it on YouTube.

I just saw your and E 'B' P's story. Is he your current or past partner? It doesn't sound the same as what I read on BB. Maybe hitting it from different angles, I don't know. The story on him sounded like the MM To That was found somewhere else specific, that led to a specific grave in that cemetery.

I'm not sure what you meant as far as making your partner a plexiglass map that B.B. has thats worthless, but If you are referring to that template he has used in his writings, that wasn't it. I've seen the template he sells...
It's like the Pet Rock of Hoot Owl Hunters.

I'll try and find it again and if I took it wrong I'll put it on this post.

Kace
I had a Pet Rock once; his name was Wilbur...

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Wilbur"? Thats the name my pet rifle goes by.:coffee2:

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a Pet Rock once; his name was Wilbur...

Ya know Reb, for someone quick to label "Bubba" as a slur....you sure have a way of slipping in your own jibes. Jealousy doesn't become you. Thanks for giving me the reason to finally unsubscribe from this thread. Long past due. Adios, Bubba.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Reb...It doesn't look like Dit was joking...Who were you referencing in your post?

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
NOW! Any more info about JJ in Montana...?

You said you were going to research that and we would investigate it during and after your findings.

Dog put the link to the site on his last post. Go to the Dec 2, 2016 blog entry on the site and it will take you to the story and map. Let us know what you think.

Some interesting similarities on there and here.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya know Reb, for someone quick to label "Bubba" as a slur....you sure have a way of slipping in your own jibes. Jealousy doesn't become you. Thanks for giving me the reason to finally unsubscribe from this thread. Long past due. Adios, Bubba.

I hate to see you leave Dit! I was hoping you would start posting Here again...

Happy Thanksgiving To You!

Kace

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You said you were going to research that and we would investigate it during and after your findings.

Dog put the link to the site on his last post. Go to the Dec 2, 2016 blog entry on the site and it will take you to the story and map. Let us know what you think.

Some interesting similarities on there and here.
I DO remember a map; I DID see where JJ & FJ lived in that area. Did NOT see ANYTHING about a JJ & Gang Treasure, tho; bring me "up-to-speed", THANKS!

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok...If this is real, I think it should be in the 'Little' Butte Area....You can see the road heading to Butte and a small backway in, which you could probably only see the remnants from GE. Since I didn't see which direction of the map is North..the River could tell.

If I were you, I'd look into the Clark Brothers Livery First....See if there are Clark connections elsewhere...Ultimately I'd look at William A. Clark of Copper Mines Notoriety. He did have a home in Butte and lived in Montana for decades. WA Clark is definitely one of the Robber Baron's...Vegas, Clark County, NV...The list goes on.

This town could of been a private getaway/hideout like Monegaw Springs in MO. that Clark, his associates, JJ et al used. A post office search probably won't help until the location is known. It's not 'Little Butte' proper that is there today, but looks to be in that area.

Fun Fact; You can stay at his home in Butte if you are ever in that area. Clark Discovered Copper in Montana as you might know. He also was a Senator and supposedly 'bought' his seat. The home cost $250k when completed in 1888 and took 4yrs to build I think it was. That was a lot of money in 1888!

The Clark Bros.livery and RR associated with Clark and his associates is a great place to start research. Meaning follow the RR and Overland Livery line and check that River. Probably GE can show you which direction the river is flowing and give you bearings on the town.

That particular Clark Bros. Livery...Might or Might Not be related to W.A. Clark. Your Research Will Tell That Fact.

'Theatre'...there are plenty of research options there too...Was it reputable, like Fords Theatre or was it like the Birdcage Theater where there there were other forms of entertainment besides stage shows? With a livery stable, I doubt it was a motion picture theater.

Supposedly this particular map was drawn in the 1940's so even though it doesn't look like a Houk map...Well...research can only tell. I Did Not compare this handwriting to Houk Maps handwriting...You might wanna do that.

JWJ and Company could of been there and the original map could of been passed down and this copied. Tuscoro says this is one of 4 copies. I don't know if that's correct or not.

Obviously he has obscured the writings in the upper left and right center telling of the alleged treasure location(s) but he can't track JWJ's movements to locate this old town...so the $$$ location doesn't help.

That should be a good start...Can't wait to see what all is found out!

IMG_0933.PNG

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Time to go disguise the wild Turkey from the store bought Turkey from the city relatives.

I look forward to that every year...It's my big excitement on Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Kace

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Right back at 'cha (Turkey Day)... Review of your info IS interesting; looks like a Ghost Town of Montana. NOTHING to do with JJ & Gang in MHO.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Right back at 'cha (Turkey Day)... Review of your info IS interesting; looks like a Ghost Town of Montana. NOTHING to do with JJ & Gang in MHO.

Hi Rebel. If you google-Jesse James and wildcat mountain Wisconsin, you will find a treasure legend that mentions Billings, Montana, Jesse James gang and legends of hidden gold. The place is in Wisconsin but the legends could give you a start on any research you might want to do. There's a thread on tnet about the legend. Wildcat Mountain...bags of gold. Something like that.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other

The sheriff of Deer Lodge County, Montana who was also a Confederate Veteran...General Warren, testified he met Cole Younger and Jesse and Frank James there in 1873-1874 and saw them many times.

Several well known families attested that they were in Highwood Mountain Montana and Frank taught school there for awhile. They also gave their names.

A letter was sent to St Louis from Deer Lodge, Montana Territories From Jesse James in 1873.

In 1874 a letter To Jesse James was received At the Deer Lodge Post Office...

There is a book called Confederates in Montana that is about southern soldiers going there after the war.

There is also several other books about Confederate Soldiers going to Montana after the war that I know of...

Why don't you think it's worth you researching further?

Kace

Oh...It's about 37.5mi from Deer Lodge County to Silver Bow County, Montana {Butte}

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Rebel. If you google-Jesse James and wildcat mountain Wisconsin, you will find a treasure legend that mentions Billings, Montana, Jesse James gang and legends of hidden gold. The place is in Wisconsin but the legends could give you a start on any research you might want to do. There's a thread on tnet about the legend. Wildcat Mountain...bags of gold. Something like that.

Thanks for posting that mdog...!!

Kace

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
It may well be part of the "GREAT North-West Conspiracy" that the Fed. Gov't was worried about in those days; there was even a book about it... KGC.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread