Jesse James Treasures: Do They Likely Still Exist?

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I am always interested in what Rebel has to say, even though we don't always agree on what we think. He was on to the early K.G.C. in the West and what the overall jest of the plan was way before I introduced facts to prove he was right. Although he may not have known the names, he was onto the games. That is quite an uphill fight without hard evidence to back it up or open the doors for him to NEW information.

L.C.:icon_thumright:
True, I DID NOT know "the names"...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Reb, Just an FYI in case you're not familiar with Henry J. Walker and think about using his info. He's the same type of writer as:
Pastore
Houk/Jesse Lee James
Gannis
Turilli
Triplett..if you need more information on him just ask.
Schrader
Etc, Etc

I wasn't sure if you knew, so even though that Gen Article pretty much said that, I wanted you to know that's why Jones/James wrote that piece. I also have no idea if you've actually done the genealogy or other research on any of these folks going back many decades.

Also, where Walker said that Bigelow, Mo was named after Charlie Bigelows father.... that's not quite right. They wanted to make that area a prominent RR stop/destination and there was a man named John Bigelow who did scout for railroads..folks that lived around that area wanted the railroad to make their area more attractive to business and grow so they named it after John to show their appreciation and enthusiasm and also to try and sway him a bit if possible by naming the village after him. There are/were Bigelows who lived and are buried there...Just not THE Charlie Bigelow or family that's been referred to in numerous books and articles.

If you ever use Google or Wiki to research Bigelow, Mo... you'll just see it was named after a Rail Road Promoter.

Anyway, I wanted to give you a little more background on that.

Kace
TY, Kace.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I see now there are many different viewpoints on Jefferson being a Mason since there's not a written record like there isn't on JWJ. Both lost to the past I suppose. But it's a decent analogy when talking about JWJ and JFD... To believe in Charley Bigeloe..it's the Dalton/John James believers. I can't figure out how to separate the two.

I've been everywhere anyone could possibly think of in person and online and the local library's including the Midwest Genealogy Center...Huge Resource Library. There Is No Charley Bigeloe...Ive tried Every spelling possible of that name, nickname, other Bigeloe names that would fit that time frame and age of 34 +/- 10yrs. I'm going to try 3 more historical societies again in SWMO later this month, but I've checked them before and nothing.

That story and name were just made up...I even read one later book where it said that Charley Bigeloe was an alias JWJ used cause the author couldn't find him either so he came to the conclusion it was JWJ's alias. Nice.

Funny Story...I decided to search Stella Bigeloe since Stella James was married to JJ Jr and won the Turilli/Dalton Fraud cases...Thinking there could be something factual regarding Bigeloe there....That search led me back here to Tnet! LMAO!

That was time for my Irish Coffee!

We gotta forget about and accept the fact that Charley Bigeloe was a made up name. Unless Anything Prior To John James surfaces at some point...and I personally do not see how that would ever happen.

What I'm doing now is putting together a list of known associates of JWJ who seemed to have disappeared or supposedly died around the time of JWJ's supposed death.

If you guys can list who you've read about riding in that gang or were associated with it or him, that would give more avenues to search. I'm convinced L'burg VA, Nashville, Kentucky,Nebraska and Missouri along with California to a lesser amount are where this stuff will be found.

If you think of somewhere or something else... please say so.

Kace

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
I see now there are many different viewpoints on Jefferson being a Mason since there's not a written record like there isn't on JWJ. Both lost to the past I suppose. But it's a decent analogy when talking about JWJ and JFD... To believe in Charley Bigeloe..it's the Dalton/John James believers. I can't figure out how to separate the two.

I've been everywhere anyone could possibly think of in person and online and the local library's including the Midwest Genealogy Center...Huge Resource Library. There Is No Charley Bigeloe...Ive tried Every spelling possible of that name, nickname, other Bigeloe names that would fit that time frame and age of 34 +/- 10yrs. I'm going to try 3 more historical societies again in SWMO later this month, but I've checked them before and nothing.

That story and name were just made up...I even read one later book where it said that Charley Bigeloe was an alias JWJ used cause the author couldn't find him either so he came to the conclusion it was JWJ's alias. Nice.

Funny Story...I decided to search Stella Bigeloe since Stella James was married to JJ Jr and won the Turilli/Dalton Fraud cases...Thinking there could be something factual regarding Bigeloe there....That search led me back here to Tnet! LMAO!

That was time for my Irish Coffee!

We gotta forget about and accept the fact that Charley Bigeloe was a made up name. Unless Anything Prior To John James surfaces at some point...and I personally do not see how that would ever happen.

What I'm doing now is putting together a list of known associates of JWJ who seemed to have disappeared or supposedly died around the time of JWJ's supposed death.

If you guys can list who you've read about riding in that gang or were associated with it or him, that would give more avenues to search. I'm convinced L'burg VA, Nashville, Kentucky,Nebraska and Missouri along with California to a lesser amount are where this stuff will be found.

If you think of somewhere or something else... please say so.

Kace

Sounds like a good plan, ferget Charley Bigelow and concentrate on other known associates gone missin around tha same time.

Count me in, I'll look around some here fer ye. :icon_thumright:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HH! Good Luck! Have FUN! "CB"; alter name for CHARLES SIRINGO...? Dunno; have MORE Irish Coffee!

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jesse Woodson James lies in his disturbed grave.

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The main thing I've really enjoyed,
is the Treasure Marks/Signs to go
along with the Treasure Legends.
... :sunny: :fish:
:cross: ~:Crosse:~

Treasure Marks/Signs

Nice Tunnel, Looks like copper is that a correct assumption? I was looking at the two signs. What else did you find?

Regards

LUE=Hawn

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Tunnel, Looks like copper is that a correct assumption? I was looking at the two signs. What else did you find?

Regards

LUE=Hawn

Well I'm no mineral expert, but think it's like dry moss film.
Haven't found anythin' but a broken piece of whiskey glass,
& an ol' shotgun shell brass...
Thanks for your interest,
:cross: ~:Crosse:~

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I only saw the two on the left facing wall? Are you taking about the ones at the top of the cave?

Regards

LUE-Hawn

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, I only saw the two on the left facing wall? Are you taking about the ones at the top of the cave?

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Yes, well all over. Not meaning to be annoying,
but I've looked at it from so many angles, that
I know what all is there, more than 2 in that pic.
Thanks, & Best to you Too...
:cross:
... ~:Crosse:~

Last edited:

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, well all over. Not meaning to be annoying,
but I've looked at it from so many angles, that
I know what all is there, more than 2 in that pic.
Thanks, & Best to you Too...
:cross:

... ~:Crosse:~

Very Nice, when I first saw them I thought they were crosses I did not see the lower part of the J. I would excited about it too if I was the one who found them. Good for you. Excellent find.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread