๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the day off, plans changed and last minute I ended up spending the day hunting. Its a great feeling to be out there and not have to keep an eye on the time to leave.... so, I hunted for 11 hours and I am blown away at what turned up. I've beat this place up and there isn't a signal left anywhere, but listening to whispers and blips today, the Deus told me where to dig.

Picking favorites for me in this group couldn't be easier... the Jew Harp and Colonial toy teacup are just awesome! ha Got a 3 ringer, pistol bullet, a solid pewter button, a couple tombacs and lots more.

IMG_20160223_205007216.jpg

Anyone know what those three thin brass buckle pieces are? Two had a little piece of copper wrapped around them and all three were in the same plug. Suspender parts maybe?

IMG_20160223_205015765.jpg IMG_20160223_205020989.jpg

Another buckle frame piece, that doesn't match any partials. Just the number of partial frames I have tells me there's still a lot of targets down there somewhere. Wish I could hear them. ha

IMG_20160223_205039284.jpg

This is brass and silver plated. Its plow struck and I recovered them within 10 feet from each other.
Any idea what it is? I would guess part to a horse bridle or something. Looks 1800's to me.

IMG_20160223_205032468.jpg

... and the colonial teacup! I had the biggest smile when this turned up (and its not because I'm into doll house dinnerware :laughing7:) This is the 4th trip that has turned up pieces to a pewter colonial dinnerware set. Toys like this are some of my favorite finds. Here is the last post where one turned up http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...copper-buttons-pewter-colonial-toy-plate.html

IMG_20160223_203249371_HDR.jpg

All 4 pieces back together. These were all found within 10 feet of each other in an area I have pounded. They are low conductors and all very DEEP, so they are very hard to find. The combinations of damp soil and the coil just right, to hear a click... not even a signal I would normally dig, but in this section its worth investigating.

IMG_20160223_203954047.jpg IMG_20160223_204025274.jpg

Cant wait to clean this one up. So far at this site Banjo parts turned up, violin parts and lots of harmonicas. This is my first jew harp and something I always wanted to dig.

IMG_20160223_203223395.jpg

1869 IHP turned out to be a semi-key date with a little over 6 million minted. Always nice to get a coin, and a solid one at that.

IMG_20160223_185509057_HDR.jpg

This is silver plated and the size of a quarter... I was really excited when I saw the silver, until I realized its just plated. Its a heavy gauge copper. I thought it was a pin at first, but it looks like it just had one attachment point at the bottom, so I think it might be a stick pin with the pin broken off.

IMG_20160223_203156708.jpg

I got a couple tombacs, a NICE pewter button, and these three flat buttons. All had nice designs and backmarks on them.

IMG_20160223_204505554.jpg

This is lead and the size\shape of a canteen spout. Anyone know if that is what this piece is?

IMG_20160223_205115076.jpg

Upvote 25

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That lead thing is indeed a canteen spout top. SOLID hunt Brad. Great Jew's harp too, I'm still looking for my first. HH

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome relic hunt, Congratualtions!

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! 11 hours is a bunch of work!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That site got a little bit of everything. Who knows what else you will find. Love the harp and that cup. Lots of snow here. Must be nice to get out and find stuff!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't believe all the cool finds that site continues to give up Brad, and the variety is endless. But my favorite has to be those pewter cups and plates. I can see why you needed a large relic display case just to handle the finds from this one site.

OP
OP
OutdoorAdv

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That lead thing is indeed a canteen spout top. SOLID hunt Brad. Great Jew's harp too, I'm still looking for my first. HH

Thanks Isaac and thank you for the help IDing that. I was too tired last night to search it, but this morning I googled around a bit. Looks like most of the CW ones were pewter maybe... This one is definitely lead. Now that I know its from a canteen its really cool. Thanks again man.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done as usual. The doll house dinnerware is really nice. Congrats and best of luck to you!

OP
OP
OutdoorAdv

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome relic hunt, Congratualtions!

Thank you Professor of Engineering!

Awesome finds! 11 hours is a bunch of work!

Thank you HunterMF! I slept like a rock last night. ha

Thank you Casper!

Congrats on a nice bunch of finds

Thank you trapperart!

That site got a little bit of everything. Who knows what else you will find. Love the harp and that cup. Lots of snow here. Must be nice to get out and find stuff!

Thank you diggingthe1! It was really nice to get out, but we still have patches of snow. I got out last Sat too and the top 2" of the ground was frozen for most of the hunt... still diggable though, and most stuff here is much deeper than that.

Can't believe all the cool finds that site continues to give up Brad, and the variety is endless. But my favorite has to be those pewter cups and plates. I can see why you needed a large relic display case just to handle the finds from this one site.

I cant believe it either man. I thought I would get one or two small things yesterday... but like the last spanish silver day, all these hardly audible targets appeared in an area I have absolutely pounded. Whats nuts is that I searched for more of the pewter toys for many hunts in that same 10' area... somehow the Deus gave me a hint of where to dig and I got the cup. It was about 10" down. I knew you would like that cup... it made me really happy to see it. I'm lucky that all these toys were lost in soil that is very kind to pewter. The look like the day they were dropped.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
11 hours? I'd be still there (because i'd be dead/crippled) And I thought I had it bad? Nice stuff, I love the lighthouse! Just a guess, but the brass buckle pieces might be parts/reeds to a squeezebox?

Great hunt, you must be a beast, I can't dig/hunt that long!

OP
OP
OutdoorAdv

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very well done as usual. The doll house dinnerware is really nice. Congrats and best of luck to you!

Thanks Tom! Those old toys are really cool... I'm sure there is more down there, but its on the verge of what the Deus can do. Maybe the v4 update will clean up some signals or something and let me know where to dig. Good luck to you too man.

Great group of finds. Nice job on the Indian Head.

Thanks Trezurehunter! I was happy it was a good date and in good condition. I've dug 27 large coppers here, so IHPs are the memorial cents of the bunch. ha This is also my oldest IHP as I have yet to dig a fatty indian head... 2 Flying Eagles, but no early IHP.

11 hours? I'd be still there (because i'd be dead/crippled) And I thought I had it bad? Nice stuff, I love the lighthouse! Just a guess, but the brass buckle pieces might be parts/reeds to a squeezebox?

Great hunt, you must be a beast, I can't dig/hunt that long!

Thanks Brad! I'm conditioning for April. haha I have no clue how I lasted that long, but I think because I was finding stuff I didn't want the streak to end so I just stuck it out. Also I was covered in mud and soaked so I was dreading cleaning everything up, so I just kept detecting. ha

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How deep were you digging on average? If you were listening for whispers I'd guess you were at 10 plus inches. Awesome finds. :occasion14: I haven't detected for 11 hours straight... ever, I have hinted 11 hours in a day, but went home for dinner.

OP
OP
OutdoorAdv

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How deep were you digging on average? If you were listening for whispers I'd guess you were at 10 plus inches. Awesome finds. :occasion14: I haven't detected for 11 hours straight... ever, I have hinted 11 hours in a day, but went home for dinner.

Yesterday most things were anywhere from 6-11" mostly. Most plugs had nails in them. The only good signal was the buckle frame piece that I somehow must have swung around the many times I gridded that section. With the Deus on the really deep stuff, I go slow and listen for a non-ferrous click or blip. Not even repeatable signal or what I would even consider a signal at all, but a chirp without a ferrous grunt anywhere. Most of the time that is a deep non-ferrous target... most are so deep that it disappears after I take the plug out. Usually there are a couple nails in the hole with the button or whatever it is.

Typically I have to be home by noon or by the evening to get ready to do something else. I had no obligations yesterday so I think that's why I stayed out so long. ha It also helps that I was finding stuff too and having a ton of fun.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt Brad,
I love days like that, you forget what you have in your pouch till you get back home and start cleaning.
Congrats on the harp, nice to see one in 1 piece..
You are becoming one with the Deus!

OP
OP
OutdoorAdv

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great hunt Brad,
I love days like that, you forget what you have in your pouch till you get back home and start cleaning.
Congrats on the harp, nice to see one in 1 piece..
You are becoming one with the Deus!

Thanks man. They are the most fun days. The best is getting a chirp signal, pulling out a shovel of dirt from a foot down and then getting a slamming signal from it.

I got to use the water proof case yesterday. It poured on me. This cover was awesome though and the silicon cover held up even though my gloves had pebbles and rocks stuck to the mud on my hands. Had to wash it off with snow and I put it in the creek at one point to clean the mud off to see the screen. Best part is that I threw everything in the bed of my truck and hosed it all off then I got home. The remote was nice dry last night when I opened it. You should epoxy the clip on yours to have it ready... it was really nice and MUCH better than the bags I used to use

IMG_20160223_174708461.jpg

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job of finding those last few targets. Tylerb keeps telling me that I need a Deus-better start saving my wheat pennies.

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed that on the back of one of the buttons "gilt" is spelled "guilt"-must've come from a convict uniform. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions