🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the day off, plans changed and last minute I ended up spending the day hunting. Its a great feeling to be out there and not have to keep an eye on the time to leave.... so, I hunted for 11 hours and I am blown away at what turned up. I've beat this place up and there isn't a signal left anywhere, but listening to whispers and blips today, the Deus told me where to dig.

Picking favorites for me in this group couldn't be easier... the Jew Harp and Colonial toy teacup are just awesome! ha Got a 3 ringer, pistol bullet, a solid pewter button, a couple tombacs and lots more.

IMG_20160223_205007216.jpg

Anyone know what those three thin brass buckle pieces are? Two had a little piece of copper wrapped around them and all three were in the same plug. Suspender parts maybe?

IMG_20160223_205015765.jpg IMG_20160223_205020989.jpg

Another buckle frame piece, that doesn't match any partials. Just the number of partial frames I have tells me there's still a lot of targets down there somewhere. Wish I could hear them. ha

IMG_20160223_205039284.jpg

This is brass and silver plated. Its plow struck and I recovered them within 10 feet from each other.
Any idea what it is? I would guess part to a horse bridle or something. Looks 1800's to me.

IMG_20160223_205032468.jpg

... and the colonial teacup! I had the biggest smile when this turned up (and its not because I'm into doll house dinnerware :laughing7:) This is the 4th trip that has turned up pieces to a pewter colonial dinnerware set. Toys like this are some of my favorite finds. Here is the last post where one turned up http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...copper-buttons-pewter-colonial-toy-plate.html

IMG_20160223_203249371_HDR.jpg

All 4 pieces back together. These were all found within 10 feet of each other in an area I have pounded. They are low conductors and all very DEEP, so they are very hard to find. The combinations of damp soil and the coil just right, to hear a click... not even a signal I would normally dig, but in this section its worth investigating.

IMG_20160223_203954047.jpg IMG_20160223_204025274.jpg

Cant wait to clean this one up. So far at this site Banjo parts turned up, violin parts and lots of harmonicas. This is my first jew harp and something I always wanted to dig.

IMG_20160223_203223395.jpg

1869 IHP turned out to be a semi-key date with a little over 6 million minted. Always nice to get a coin, and a solid one at that.

IMG_20160223_185509057_HDR.jpg

This is silver plated and the size of a quarter... I was really excited when I saw the silver, until I realized its just plated. Its a heavy gauge copper. I thought it was a pin at first, but it looks like it just had one attachment point at the bottom, so I think it might be a stick pin with the pin broken off.

IMG_20160223_203156708.jpg

I got a couple tombacs, a NICE pewter button, and these three flat buttons. All had nice designs and backmarks on them.

IMG_20160223_204505554.jpg

This is lead and the size\shape of a canteen spout. Anyone know if that is what this piece is?

IMG_20160223_205115076.jpg

Upvote 25

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks man. They are the most fun days. The best is getting a chirp signal, pulling out a shovel of dirt from a foot down and then getting a slamming signal from it.

I got to use the water proof case yesterday. It poured on me. This cover was awesome though and the silicon cover held up even though my gloves had pebbles and rocks stuck to the mud on my hands. Had to wash it off with snow and I put it in the creek at one point to clean the mud off to see the screen. Best part is that I threw everything in the bed of my truck and hosed it all off then I got home. The remote was nice dry last night when I opened it. You should epoxy the clip on yours to have it ready... it was really nice and MUCH better than the bags I used to use

View attachment 1277123 [/
That's nice, and the screen didn't get scratched up? Wow

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow Brad holy sh*t 11 hours of diggin you are a trooper man:headbang:
That toy set is very sweet can you believe thats what they played with back in the day!

~Blaze

OP
OP
OutdoorAdv

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job of finding those last few targets. Tylerb keeps telling me that I need a Deus-better start saving my wheat pennies.

Thanks man! I keep saying "this is my last trip, there aren't any signals left" on the last dozen or so trips to this place... on those trips another 8+ coppers and 2 more spanish silver have surfaced since then... not to mention tons of relics. I have 16 partial shoe frames (and 3 complete)... most of the partials I only have half of. So something tells me there is still a ton more down there, I just need to figure out how to hear it.

I noticed that on the back of one of the buttons "gilt" is spelled "guilt"-must've come from a convict uniform. lol

haha. That one has a crown on it. Its most likely a British button. Perhaps that's a UK spelling. ha

OP
OP
OutdoorAdv

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks man. They are the most fun days. The best is getting a chirp signal, pulling out a shovel of dirt from a foot down and then getting a slamming signal from it.

I got to use the water proof case yesterday. It poured on me. This cover was awesome though and the silicon cover held up even though my gloves had pebbles and rocks stuck to the mud on my hands. Had to wash it off with snow and I put it in the creek at one point to clean the mud off to see the screen. Best part is that I threw everything in the bed of my truck and hosed it all off then I got home. The remote was nice dry last night when I opened it. You should epoxy the clip on yours to have it ready... it was really nice and MUCH better than the bags I used to use

View attachment 1277123
That's nice, and the screen didn't get scratched up? Wow

Surprisingly no! It looks great still. I don't know if the silicon on mine will scratch or not. Glad to hear that you got yours together and used. Really great cover and makes the machine totally waterproof.

Wow Brad holy sh*t 11 hours of diggin you are a trooper man:headbang:
That toy set is very sweet can you believe thats what they played with back in the day!

~Blaze

Thanks man! Those toys were so simple and well made back then. I found these doll parts from three different dolls in the trash pit not but 20 feet from the dinnerware stuff. Some of the doll parts are more modern (mid 1800's) than the pewter toys. But maybe one of these doll pieces was used with the dinnerware. Pretty cool stuff.

IMG_20160224_182251590.jpg

Thats what i call a plethora of finds... Awesome job

Thanks texjim! It sure turned out well after a few slow first few hours. It was a great time.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Brad in your message you said you had a real nice day but that was, most certainly, an understatement. I know by your post it seems like relics were jumping out of the ground, but most of us know better. 11 hrs is insane?! How much junk did you dig?

What a sweet day of digging!

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
The colonial toys are awesome. I have dug pewter canteen spouts in the past, never lead, but that sure looks like what it is. Nice digs.!

OP
OP
OutdoorAdv

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you all! I processed and preserved some more iron. Most of this is from my last hunt, but the musket butt plate piece and hand forged Calvary picket pin (I think thats what it is) is from a couple hunts ago and I'm just getting it processed now. (There is a bit of a backlog) Included are the rose heads from this past hunt, excluded are the 50 square nails! ha I think the tool above the right horse shoe is a ice pick or punch of some sort. Its a really neat piece of iron.

IMG_20160225_135337883.jpg

OP
OP
OutdoorAdv

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love the tea set pieces! I found a similar tea cup back in 2011, with the initials P I A
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...es-6-18-broke-into-1600-s-pictures-added.html

Thats really cool. I know a few other people that have also found them. Great hunt by the way... that dirt pile sounded like a ton of fun.

Brad in your message you said you had a real nice day but that was, most certainly, an understatement. I know by your post it seems like relics were jumping out of the ground, but most of us know better. 11 hrs is insane?! How much junk did you dig?

What a sweet day of digging!

Thanks Steve! haha For some reason this site has rationed the relics to me. I'm not complaining, but they are very difficult to find now. Most days I dont get one good signal... I miss those hunts where I could get sweet repeatable high tones. It's tough to say whats "junk" at this place, since the iron is pretty cool and not really junk (some of it is scrap pieces of iron), but I dug about 25lbs of iron on this past trip. In the past year and 100's of hours I spent here, I dug two pull tabs and about a dozen pieces of aluminum foil. How cool is that! ha

The colonial toys are awesome. I have dug pewter canteen spouts in the past, never lead, but that sure looks like what it is. Nice digs.!

Thanks metalev4! I have to say, I was disappointed when the spout surfaced and it looked like a blob of lead. But once it was IDed, it became one of my favorite finds this hunt. It's definitely lead, thick and heavy and I saw similar ones in my reference books. Pretty cool!

Wow that's alotof detecting great buttens

Thanks Capnbear! Lot of work, but a ton of fun.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! Your a MACHINE!!! Got a Q for you, is all that things that your T2 has missed? Do you still hunt with the T2? Do you think the T2 would have heard those chirps? I'm tryin to make a case for a deus to my WIFE lol.... CONGRATZ on ALL the great finds!!!!

OP
OP
OutdoorAdv

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW!!! Your a MACHINE!!! Got a Q for you, is all that things that your T2 has missed? Do you still hunt with the T2? Do you think the T2 would have heard those chirps? I'm tryin to make a case for a deus to my WIFE lol.... CONGRATZ on ALL the great finds!!!!

Thanks fishstick! I love my T2 and still use it. The T2 and Deus compliment each other well. When it gets quiet with one machine, the other seems to pull some stuff up. Just a couple hunts ago I left my Deus at home and took my T2 out... same pounded site with no easy signals left. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...ass-acorn-banjo-drum-bracket-1820lc-more.html. It's tough to say if the T2 would have heard all of the signals in my last hunt. I'm guessing it would have heard most of them, but there are some that only the Deus can see and others that only the T2 can see. I find myself using the Deus more often because its so light and I can swap coils out in seconds. I can also mix up frequencies with it and adjust more settings if I want (however I love the simplicity and power of the T2)

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, if any other of our t-netters can hunt for 11 straight hours I would like to meet up with them. Your time was well spent with great results.

OP
OP
OutdoorAdv

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, if any other of our t-netters can hunt for 11 straight hours I would like to meet up with them. Your time was well spent with great results.

Haha. Thanks man! In the summer heat it's tough to last 6 hours. My eyes were burning I was so tired when I got home the other night. Good times though.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That tea cup is incredible buddy. I love that pewter button as well. Awesome to see you out digging holes. I'm hoping to be out next weekend. Btw..........WE LOVE BRAD 8-)

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all! I processed and preserved some more iron. Most of this is from my last hunt, but the musket butt plate piece and hand forged Calvary picket pin (I think thats what it is) is from a couple hunts ago and I'm just getting it processed now. (There is a bit of a backlog) Included are the rose heads from this past hunt, excluded are the 50 square nails! ha I think the tool above the right horse shoe is a ice pick or punch of some sort. Its a really neat piece of iron.

View attachment 1277438

That's an awesome looking display of iron!! I brought home some choice rose heads today because of you. They look great cleaned up and mixed in with white pipe stems and lead shot.

OP
OP
OutdoorAdv

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Colonial toys are so cool! I only have a clay marble I dug trash pit digging and a tiny play spoon! Your set makes me jealous haha! WTG! I love the Jews harp too! Such a cool find!

Thanks Pacivilwarluke! Those toys really are the coolest and it gets the imagination going of a much simpler and harder time when those things were enjoyed. I have 16+ clay marbles from this pit and I have much more left to dig.

That tea cup is incredible buddy. I love that pewter button as well. Awesome to see you out digging holes. I'm hoping to be out next weekend. Btw..........WE LOVE BRAD 8-)

Thanks a ton man! I was hoping for a designed pewter, but its just plain. I have a few pewters with flower and + designs on them and they are usually corroded pretty bad. Was nice to get one in kind soil without corrosion, although its plain. Good luck next weekend... cant wait to see what turns up man. April can't come fast enough!

That's an awesome looking display of iron!! I brought home some choice rose heads today because of you. They look great cleaned up and mixed in with white pipe stems and lead shot.

Thanks a ton man! I cant get enough of those things. Anytime I can see a hammer mark on a piece of iron I like it :laughing7: I scatter the rose heads all over my display too... and you're right, they look great in there. I tumble the handful of nails from each trip and pick out the rose heads after since they're easier to spot... the down side is I have boxes full of cleaned square nails since they are the majority. ha

IMG_20160103_212832.jpg

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pewter cup is an outstanding find! Last piece is definitely a canteen spout.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread