Jim Sinclair and his May 10 prediction

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, here it is May 12 1821 hours and Gold is at $1444.20. It's dropped 3.90 since the market opened 21 minutes ago.

Jim said Gold would hit its bottom May 10th and then take off like a golden rocket to new highs. Remember he advised us to sell our cars, maybe houses and extra children to be prepared to buy at this bottom. Or, maybe my memory is bad. Believe he said the Silver Rocket would follow along to new unheard of highs.

What'a you all think? Has ole Jim lost it or is he the genius he feels he is? Me? I'm still hunkered down watching the show.

edited to add---at 1830 hours it's dropped $6.10 in 30 minutes.

edited again---dropped another buck in the last two minutes. $7.10. That's it. I'll quit editing. Could be at this for hours. Now to go check Silver.

Last edited:

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO The only person I listen to, is myself and that hurts a lot sometimes. Listen To All Follow None. BUT BE READY!!!!!!

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I go to Sinclair's website a couple of times a day, but I don't put any more stock into his predictions than anyone else out there. He does have good "street cred" though with respect to the commodities market and he doesn't charge people to get his info like some pundits so I think his intentions are noble. I believe most of the bullish PM pundits will be proved right in the future, it just depends on how long it takes and what happens before then.

Jim

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
I go to Sinclair's website a couple of times a day, but I don't put any more stock into his predictions than anyone else out there. He does have good "street cred" though with respect to the commodities market and he doesn't charge people to get his info like some pundits so I think his intentions are noble. I believe most of the bullish PM pundits will be proved right in the future, it just depends on how long it takes and what happens before then.

Jim

I got street cred homie, doesn't mean I can predict the future.

OP
OP
L

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw a post on GIM a few minutes ago saying JS is now saying today, May 13th, is the bottom for gold and now is the time to jump in and ride that golden rocket. Guess I could find his web site and see if anything is there. Lots of BS misinformation on PM websites. Did check Kitco and saw gold was up $11 bucks and change. Been out all day. Kind of out of touch with the news. The only gold I'm interested, is maybe picking up an MS70 slabbed Gold Buffalo. My lcs has one for $1770. Just can't pull the trigger. He won't trade. Wants cash. Folding green. No checks or CC. Can't blame him.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Saw a post on GIM a few minutes ago saying JS is now saying today, May 13th, is the bottom for gold and now is the time to jump in and ride that golden rocket. Guess I could find his web site and see if anything is there. Lots of BS misinformation on PM websites. Did check Kitco and saw gold was up $11 bucks and change. Been out all day. Kind of out of touch with the news. The only gold I'm interested, is maybe picking up an MS70 slabbed Gold Buffalo. My lcs has one for $1770. Just can't pull the trigger. He won't trade. Wants cash. Folding green. No checks or CC. Can't blame him.

I have been thinking about getting a 1 ounce AGE proof. The premiums are crazy high but gold is down so maybe I will get one. Wholesale is in the mid 1600s with box and papers, etc. One of my local coin dealers will sell me one for $175 over melt. For some reason the Proofs in the box with papers have held their high premiums well and they have even gone up in this last price decline.

Just my humble opinion, but $1770 for a MS 70 Buffalo bullion coin is way too high. Even APMEX has them cheaper at under $1600 for a 2013 Early Release MS 70 (whatever early release means?).

The Buffalo coins are great though. I have a couple proofs and wish I could afford to get more of them.

Jim

OP
OP
L

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Buffalo I was looking at was a proof 2012W. Red Book shows $2k but no mintage printed. The two times I held the darlin' in my hands was two weeks ago. Neither time did I have the necessary money in my pocket. I did have my slabbed 1916D mercury I wanted to add to the trade. I paid $1440 last fall and was willing to throw in four $100 bills. Told you I wanted that one coin. LOL. For some reason he acted all hissed off and walked away. However, I just couldn't bring myself to lay out $1740 for a coin I would have to hide and look at once in a while. Isn't that the way of all us coin collectors? Hide the pretty's and hope they don't get stolen. I recently lost all my collections to one of those boating accidents that seems to be happen all over the net.

I know I can get them a lot cheaper but I like to hold and see items up close. I'm the type of guy who shops the net for prices and especially the customer reviews and then hunts down the item here locally. Not really paying all that much different. Besides it give me the option of returning it locally if something goes wrong.

Guess you noticed Apmex is dumping ASE? Also guess you know what that means to the price of silver spot? Lord, here we go again.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Lost,

Since you mentioned the coin is a proof, then your price might not be bad at all. Some places are selling those at 2K and over. Maybe you can get him down just a bit if you walk in with cash in hand? The PF70 Buffaloes do look good in the slabs like that.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread