Joined Two Exclusive Clubs Today on a Mini-Road Trip!!!!!!!!!!!!

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joined Two Exclusive Club's Today on a Mini-Road Trip!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bank Number 1 - had 9.50 in loose Halve Dollars - Skunk
Bank Number 2 - 70 Dollars in CWRs. Here is what gave me a heart attack.

Opened first roll of the seven and found this at the beginning or end of the roll, depends on how you look at it. :laughing7:

three_bic.jpg

Thought OMG, they are silver and it is only the first roll of seven.

Opened Roll number two - !Yahtzee! - Full Roll of beautiful bodacious silver and one more Bicentennial Half that looked like
the other three. Never been in Circulation.

Full_Roll.jpg

Break down of rolls 1 and two included every Kennedy except the 70.
1964 X 1
1965 X 4
1966 X 1
1967 X 9
1968 X 2
1969 X 2
1776 - 1976 X 4 (three in the first roll and 1 in the second.)

Full roll of silver + 3 out of $70 dollars - Double !Yahtzee! and a Shazaammmmmmm!!!!!
I tore apart the other seven rolls faster than O'Bama can spend our tax dollars but they were all
skunks. Not complaining a bit......

Now as I was sitting in the shade enjoying the feeling of actually not only finding half dollars in my town, but
Silver Half Dollars at that, a thought came to me. There were 4 1776-1976 half dollars that had never seen
circulation, could that person of brought in the Ike's to match. Went back into the bank and asked if
they had any Large Silver Dollars :laughing7:. I about fainted when the lady took them out of her drawer and said
thank God somebody asked for these. They were brought in two weeks ago and people just don't ask for
them nor half dollars anymore.

Can you Guess?????????????????????

Four_Ikes.jpg

They have never been in circulation, carry the "S" mint stamp and are 100% silver (40%), the 100% is my knowledge
of the coins.....:tongue3:

Then I asked if the same person had brought in any quarters, even though they would be 40%'ers it would still be silver.
Teller told me that quarters get mixed in with their normal currency distribution amongst the other tellers but the
person who brought them in didn't have any that she knew of.

Riley Boy is correct, it is still out there and after three years of on again off again I am now a member of an
exclusive club.

Upvote 0

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! A find we all envy! That's a great stop at the bank! Good for you! Nothing is better than finding silver! It always brings a smile to my face so I could imagine your face.

Also, I am curious - you mentioned silver quarters are 40%, I thought all pre65 Q's were 90%?

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW! A find we all envy! That's a great stop at the bank! Good for you! Nothing is better than finding silver! It always brings a smile to my face so I could imagine your face.

Also, I am curious - you mentioned silver quarters are 40%, I thought all pre65 Q's were 90%?

The quarters that are being referred to here are from the 1976 Bicentennial Silver Proof set, which had a 40% silver Ike, 40% silver half, and a 40% silver quarter.

https://www.currencyandcoin.com/images/Categories/US-Fractionals/bicentSet2.jpg

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They did make a 40% silver bicentennial quarter.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome find!!! somebody had a collection dump and you got it... great job, yup it is still out there!

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job and good pics!! Good thinking on your part to ask about the other denominations, i wonder how many people would have thought of that.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome score freedom. The silver Ike's are so cool because most people are clueless that they made them. I've gotten 4 myself and it's a great feeling when they plunk it down on the counter and you see that silver edge. Congrats.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
You said "my phrase" more then once. That'll cost you too.....

Kidding!!

YAHTZEEEEE!! (You even get a few extra "E's"!!)

H$H!!
TGB

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds and GREAT intuition to go back for the big dollars!!

CONGRATS!!

HH
Bigheed

Sleazyj

Mar 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're the silver 1970 proofs 40% or was it 90, because I found a box with one and it had a mix of 4 other proofs today.

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're the silver 1970 proofs 40% or was it 90, because I found a box with one and it had a mix of 4 other proofs today.

40% - all later Proof's except the 1776-1976 are 90%.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Great score, Freedom! Excellent decision to go back in and ask for
the dollars or other denominations. "It's out there!!!"
Congrats,
rileyboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread