Jolly Rogers vs Grey Ghost by Detectorpro is there a difference?

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I been looking to get a new set of phones before long and was wondering about the grey ghost vs jolly rogers. I have had the grey ghost before and really liked them. I have also had killer bees and they were good but seemed to be a bit heavier and a little hot in warmer weather. I would really like a nice set with just one cuff but cannot seem to fork over the same amount of cash for just 1 earcuff and speaker. What are your opinions on the jolly rogers? Thanks Tim

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i had the jolly roger ultimates and on my detector i couldn't tell the differences on tones or here the pops like my cheap old cal rads so i sold them, all signals sounded good, wish i could help you out more, just didn't agree with my rg 1000

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still have the Jolly Rogers plugged in to my CZ-6a. They are not as good as the Grey Ghosts or Black Widow's mainly in the build quality and comfort. They are still very well built and lots better than the cheap ones you get with your detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread