Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Smudge said:
Since these detectors operate on the same principles, I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts comparing the two at salt water beaches?
Smudge i never used either one......... But i think the only difference is the cz can go down 250 ft .......... But i don't know any one that goes down 100 feet.......... The Whites goes down 25 feet ... Now that is deeper than i will ever go........... As deep as i go is waist deep............And the Whites cost less and has better service........... As far as i know they are both the same ........ The only difference is how deep you can go............... The complaint about the whites was the floating coil........... But White's has fixed that with the new coil they put on it.........White's new improved Beach Hunter coil has near neutral buoyancy........... So unless you are going deep i would say the whites sounds better.............I was looking at a cz21 but when i found out about the whites new coil i might go with the beach hunter........

Attachments

• imagesCAHRX7QO.jpg
    imagesCAHRX7QO.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 1,972

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep hearing that the new coil floats up just like the old one. :dontknow:

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used the CZ20 for the last 15 years and never used the White's. I have heard the White's has had issues but overall is a good machine. In the 15 years I have used my CZ20 it has been in the shop a total of two times. The first time it was out of warranty and they still fixed it for free. (pinpoint button) The second time was a few months back and it cost me $300 but they sent me a brand new CZ21. They said it was a conversion but I'm convinced it is a brand new machine. I love it but then again that is all I have used for the past 15 years. As far as I can tell the CZ21 is the same machine as the CZ20 except for the pinpoint button. Maybe someone can add some thoughts on the new White's.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The White's is not near as good as the CZ-21 or 20. The coil on the 300 floats worse than the 8" it being bigger. Saltwater makes things more buoyant and their advertisments about the coil being "Near Neutral-buoyant" is totally false advertising. Near neutral buoyant means it stays at the depth you place it at. Let go of the detector and the coil pops out of the water like a cork. I got tired of holding the coil underwater near the bottom. A water detector needs to be taken deeper than 25 foot and this is not a divers detector, but at least they don't advertise it as that. I don't like that the battery dept. is in the same location as the guts. They don't leak as bad as they used too with the new O ring.

On the pro side it is easy to operate and the floating coil is good for the hunters on the dry sand. If you still want to use it in the water you can always add a sand filled sock for weight. I just find it amazing that nobody elses coils float.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It's like this every one i have heard from about the new coil on the Whites Beach hunter 300 ............. Tells me that the coil still floats.......................

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
It's like this every one i have heard from about the new coil on the Whites Beach hunter 300 ............. Tells me that the coil still floats.......................

The 12" coil floats more than the standard 8" it being larger. Since most hunters never go in the water for all day the lighter weight coil works for the dry land dudes. It is a personal choice and many hunters don't notice this floating as they might not have used anything else. I found it very annoying but I am in the water most of the time. As I said before if you want to hunt the water with this detector you can always add a sand filled sock to the coil or shaft and remove it for hunting the dry sand on the long walk back to the gas hawg. I found the detector to work just fine but had many other water detectors that the coils didn't pop out of the water.

OP
OP
Smudge

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On the plus side I have noticed that Anderson is advertising a coil weight for the White's that might solve that problem.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Smudge said:
On the plus side I have noticed that Anderson is advertising a coil weight for the White's that might solve that problem.
The Whites is a two freqency detector and if you solve the coil problem .................... It is cheaper than the fisher or Minelab........Save some bucks.........

Attachments

• cache_1246833504.jpg
    cache_1246833504.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,020

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Whites Beachhunter / Fisher CZ-21..I have used Both and now a CZ lover..

Each are very good machines, the CZ is a tank..heavy, well built, best if you can hip mount...it was the king for a few years before the excalibur came along, now mostly old timers use it..I still feel It is one of the best machines out there and just looking around you can get a used one for around 650.oo...I just picked up a 15 year old CZ20 10 inch for 375..could not pass it up...still purrs like a Kitten! The Whites is a great machine also, but I would not put it in the same class as the CZ or the excalibur, the BHID is very light weight, 3 lites for target ID, good for night hunting..it will find the Gold, I don't think it is as deep as the two mentioned early but still a great first machine. I realy did not like the coil floating, good if your in calm waters like a lake for when your digging but once you start to hunt it does take sometime to get use to..White's service on repairs are the best out there....Both are easy to use, but for me....the CZ would be my choice..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread