Journey to the Tot Lot....

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Didn’t expect to be detecting anywhere but the beach around here until spring…but the usually warm weather gave me a chance to try detecting a tot lot for the first time..Actually it was about 3 small lots at a local elementarty school/sport field complex….The experience turned out better than I had expected.…Although it was all clad..I had my best coin total since my return to detecting last year, digging was easy and most signals were good ones…However, my fear of encountering a small curious child was also realized…In spite of a low tolerance for young children, I think I managed to handle the questions, advice, and digging "help" of the young lad quite well…I did however, have to hand over a small brass washer "we" unearthed at his insistence...don’t know how I would have fared with a swarm of little ones, but in dealing with only one, I found it comparable to a large non-biting mosquito.…annoying yet tolerable.…Total finds: 8 quarters, 5 dimes, 7 nickels, 14 cents..plus 2 small hearts..I was hoping the larger one was silver but there are no marks on it….All in all a good time, and one I will likely try again.....Thanks for looking… PS..not to worry.. I’m not planning on having any little tykes of my own… ;D

Attachments

• tot.jpg
    tot.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 492
Upvote 0

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand that feeling, I've had em come running to help me a lot lately. It got so bad one time, I had to put my pinpointer on vibrate instead of sound because everytime the little kid heard it, he came running over to help me dig whatever out. Almost stepped on my detector about 5 times, his parent was totally disinterested in what he was doing..........I guess I should have acted the same way.

btw, nice finds.

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I love tot lots.....I'm obsessed with them! I won't hunt any occupied one though and leave quickly when a little one comes a running! I just don't like being "watched". I usually hunt those puppies when it's raining or darkish. Congrats on a good day at yours and your self control!

HH,
Moon

OP
OP
Copperhead

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Moonshadow said:
I love tot lots.....I'm obsessed with them! I won't hunt any occupied one though and leave quickly when a little one comes a running! I just don't like being "watched". I usually hunt those puppies when it's raining or darkish. Congrats on a good day at yours and your self control!

HH,
Moon

There wasn't anyone there when I arrived...a few women with really small kids came by and I just kinda moved away from where they were playing...then a father with 2 kids showed up...we talked for awhile about detecting then he took off to the other side of the complex with one kid and left the other one to bother me...Thinking about it now though I probably should of left... I didn't consider it might make some people uncomfortable having a guy hanging around there, even if I wasn't bothering anyone...Think I'll take your advice next time and hunt "off" hours....thanks for the comments..

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Hey copperhead;
I got out to a tot lot yesterday and found the same small pink heart you got!! I love finding the little kiddie stuff...better than pulltabs!

Debby

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Dude! I found that exact same charm (Sketchers girl) / # 1 as well.. in a tot lot.. as well. <grin> Guess they don't stay on the shoes very securely do they? <grin>

Nice finds, good haul. Happy Hunting my friend!

Frodov

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread