tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a seasonal position at a ski resort and I work in the guest services office. One of the joys of my job is reuniting people with their lost keys, wallets, cameras, cell phones, ect ect. The pic of the desk is just a half of a days worth of things that were turned into my office. The 4 boxes are about a weeks worth of things that are turned into us by honest customers or ski patrol. One kid even turned in a $100 bill. (I refunded his lift ticket and gave him one of my comp lift tickets for being so honest). A 15 yr old girl came in a little later almost crying asking if someone turned in one, I was so happy that I was able to get it back to her.

Once it warms up a few of us workers will be able to metal detect before the water park season starts. If that is all the stuff that was found, imagine all the stuff that was lost? Hundreds of dollars in change, I know there is a diamond ring and an emerald necklace that was lost. We have a pile of lost and found forms so I hope to reunite more people with their things in the spring. I will keep you posted once the season ends.

Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• IMG00023-20100228-1603.jpg
    IMG00023-20100228-1603.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 1,044
  • IMG00025-20100228-1604.jpg
    IMG00025-20100228-1604.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 1,036
  • IMG00026-20100228-1605.jpg
    IMG00026-20100228-1605.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 1,025
Upvote 0

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I once went on a river raft thing in Wis. and the one thing the guide said to us
IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE IT, DON'T BRING IT ALONG
very wise advice, one of the women in another raft lost her fanny pack
which you can probably imagine what was in it. DOH!!!

silvestor

Mar 2, 2008
Chautauqua County, New York
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT w/Sun Ray Invader XL-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: Nice story.

It sure is great to see somebody get back what they were sure was lost forever. :icon_sunny:

I like the sounds of detecting the slopes. Wonder if I could get permission from a local ski lodge? :icon_scratch:

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
I once lost my watch in a public swimming pool and when I went back the next day to ask if they had found it they brought a box full of rings, necklaces, watches, keys and whatnot for me to look through. And sure my watch was there, I was happy to get it back even though it wasn't worth much.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That ski resort is like our beaches here except opposite seasons i love the thousands of tourist and huge waves !! :laughing7: all that stuff will keep you busy HH Jim

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
i found my first coin purse with money ( mercs and wheats at a section of woods that was a sking spot in the 1930s. willy

Tyrolus

Jan 12, 2010
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sniffer said:
I once went on a river raft thing in Wis. and the one thing the guide said to us
IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE IT, DON'T BRING IT ALONG
very wise advice, one of the women in another raft lost her fanny pack
which you can probably imagine what was in it. DOH!!!

Her Fanny? :laughing7:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first place I go to when I go to waterpark is the lost&found and tell them that yesterday when I came here I lost my________sunglasses (put in your own brand) and they usually have a whole box of sunglasses to chose from. :laughing9:

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY, that key is mine! That one right there, just below the other thing, to the left, no further right, yeah, that one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread