juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This one is actually a first for me. I hit a park today that I have never worked the turf before. I have done the play area before and not found a whole lot. Even the play area is loaded with can slaw. The turf is not big at about 4 acres max. I was doin my dig all routine and clearing out a space about 15' by 40'. Loadin up on clad and trash. Got a solid 20 VDI on the mxt which usually means a nickel when its this clean. I used my trusty spoke probe and didn't feel anything. I then enlarged the hole with the screw driver in the spot I figured the nickel must be. Used my bullseye pinpointer and it screamed at me. So I feel around in the hole and feel the edge of what I thought was the nickel. But wait nickels don't have holes in them. Out pops this beauty. It was only about an inch and a half down. It is the first time I have had a gold ring come up as a nickel signal. Although I have heard this plenty of times and I have found tons of gold, it was a first for me. The ring is a WhiteRose 14k wedding band. It weighs in at 2.8 grams. I am one happy camper. I will be hittin this park again tommorrow. From the amount of targets and average depth of 4". I would say it hasn't been hunted in a while. Luck in the hunt.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Attachments

• dirtring1.JPG
    dirtring1.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 606
  • dirtring2.JPG
    dirtring2.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 626
  • dirtring3.JPG
    dirtring3.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 620
Upvote 0
OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
radiemaker said:
More Gold! Way to go buddy 8)

I thank you my friend.
JuJu

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
juju said:
I was doin my dig all routine and clearing out a space about 15' by 40'. Loadin up on clad and trash.
JuJu

That's usually as far as I get (except the clad part). :D Looks sweet to me.

Bob

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
dude very nice job on the gold! It seems like you pull more gold out of the tacoma area in washington state then anywhere else. :) Great job! ;D

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going Juju. What does that ring say 14K "padt" or something?

Great hunt. Better your heart was a pounding--bump...bump

SKD

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SoreKneesDayton said:
Nice going Juju. What does that ring say 14K "padt" or something?

Great hunt. Better your heart was a pounding--bump...bump

SKD

It says whiterose 14k patd. I am assuming the design and name are patented. It has white gold dots around the outside of the band. And your right it did get my heart going. I love the gold rush when ya see that color.
JuJu

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread