One for Nick P and a little silver

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
So I got permission from the Warden to go hunting for ONE hour after work with Baldingboy and we headed back to the lot we have been hunting lately. I didn't find much when the neighbor came out and told us we could hunt his yard too. We hunted for about 25 minutes before I had to leave. I told BB I would see him at work Tomorrow.

Well at 7:45 PM the Warden told me to go on back and hunt for another hour. I arrive at the location and BB is intent on a hole the size of a hub cap and I yell at him while I am approaching, he didn't hear me. So I get the great idea that it would be REALLY REALLY funny to run up to him and scare him. ::) Well it WAS funny to me but not to HIM!! :icon_scratch: After he got done cussing me a blue streak he said he needed to go home and change his shorts. Note to self NEVER do that again. It's NOT funny!!! (ok yes it is just dont tell BB I said so)

So after he got over being mad with me he agreed to hunt for an hour, which was all the time the Warden gave me.

I started hunting and hadn't walked three feet from my car when I got a decent signal and dug up the key and the Princess phone keychain! I immediately was transported back to an earlier day when I remember my Grandma kept her keys on a keychain just like this. So that was really cool.

Messed around for a little while and ended up with a few pennies and a Hotwheel car, my fourth for this location. I was just about to give up when I got the sweet sound of silver over the phones and dug the 52 rosie! Then as I was walking over to tell BB I was heading home I found the ID bracelet. I have been on a streak with the jewelry lately. I just haven't found anything worth anything.

Found lots of trash, some makeup and then the top to the Lustre Cream Shampoo. Since Nick P like to ID things like this I am dedicating this post to him. Also he has tried really hard along with others to help me ID a necklace I found a couple of days ago.

I also found what I think is a little saw blade, it's too sharp to be a gear??? And a little Eagle Bell that was an eyeball find yesterday. Anyone know if the Eagle is a bell like I think it is?

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• stuff.JPG
    stuff.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 525
  • silver.JPG
    silver.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 519
  • dime.JPG
    dime.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 518
  • lustre.JPG
    lustre.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 523
  • saw.JPG
    saw.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 513
  • id.JPG
    id.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 511
  • hw.JPG
    hw.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 513
  • grams.JPG
    grams.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 507
  • eagle.JPG
    eagle.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 511
  • bottom.JPG
    bottom.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 504
  • guar.JPG
    guar.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 515
  • hbhw.JPG
    hbhw.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 505
Upvote 0

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
Re: One for Nick P

Scaring the crap out of someone, even me, IS FUNNY in any book!!!
Do it every chance you can!
Nice finds.

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
I forgot to mention the tag line on the little phone.

The Princess phone... its little, its lovely, it lights.

I think this is from the 60s. :icon_scratch:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very, very cool again keep at it! But how OLD are you my grandmother used the same kinda key chain? :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Funny story about that. My Grams was a widow. She was dating the phone man. Everytime he would come by for a visit he would leave her one or two of these. She had like a whole drawer full of em..........

I don't know but judging by that the Princess Phone must have been one great phone. ::)

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My detector has been sitting in the corner for two weeks and has not produced one find. I may have to take it out doors today after seeing your neat finds. Congrats on that silver.
Burdie

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
OK...here is the real truth. It is 9 o'clock at night and I have my headlight and headphones on. I am digging a hole. Mastereagle (290lbs and 6'4" tall) comes screaming like some kinda crazy man running as fast as a fat boy can run right at me. I didn't see him until he was practically on top of me and rared back with my digger in defense. He almost gave up metal detecting for good. I did however, loose my balance as he cavorted over my back and I dropped the digger. He was laughing so hard I thought he was going to mess himself. Sounded kinda like a donkey braying.....eow! eow! eOWW!

After verbally abusing him, I went back at detecting. He dug a silver dime and was celebrating. He then dug another and said, WooHoooo!!! I asked him what he found and he said "Wouldn't you like to know"? I blew him off and continued detecting. I hear the WooHoooo!! again and asked again, what did you find? He said, I will show you when we get to the car, I don't want you to kill me here.

All and all....like hunting with my brothers kids.

Baldingboy

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Baldingboy said:
OK...here is the real truth. It is 9 o'clock at night and I have my headlight and headphones on. It was 8:05 PM.I am digging a hole. with a backhole digger!Mastereagle (290lbs and 6'4" tall)6'1" tall comes screaming like some kinda crazy man running as fast as a fat boy can run right at me.Downhill, so I was moving pretty good I didn't see him until he was practically on top of me and rared back with my digger in defense. His face turned white, he grasped his chest and dropped his digger, he fell to one side and dropped the Sunray probe he had in his hand and screamed like a little girl He almost gave up metal detecting for good. I did however, loose my balance as he cavorted over my back and I dropped the digger.and made a boo boo in his pants He was laughing so hard I thought he was going to mess himself. best laugh I had in a long time. Then I said a true friend would not have done that, a true friend would have had a video camera and sent the video to America's Funniest Home Videos. Sounded kinda like a donkey braying.....eow! eow! eOWW!

After verbally abusing him, I went back at detecting. he cussed a blue streak and thunder pealed out from HeavenHe dug a silver dime and was celebrating. I found the dime and dropped it in my pouch and never said a word.He then dug another and said, WooHoooo!!! I asked him what he found and he said "Wouldn't you like to know"? I blew him off and continued detecting. I hear the WooHoooo!! again and asked again, what did you find? I only said woo hoo once when I found the little ID braceltHe said, I will show you when we get to the car, I don't want you to kill me here. At that point he had a stone and was running his Lesche across it like you would see Conan do in a movie

All and all....like hunting with my brothers kids. Yes it is BB but I love you like a brother so I put up with it ::) :wink: ;D

Baldingboy

Oh yeah I forgot to mention BB would not take my call all day today and told his "secretary" to tell me he wouldn't hunt with me anymore either.

anyone need a good partner to detect with. He always brings food for the hunt and ice water or other drinks, spare batteries, spare gloves, etc etc etc>?????? ::) If so just send ME a PM......

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Nice finds, good story! Ya gotta have fun with it! :thumbsup:

Hey Nick, great video. Now I know how to give my hair that "Hollywood lovely look" and make it "behave like an angel"....

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ME, that I.D. Bracelet and that Lustre Creme lid are cool. . . nostalgic things like that are like icing on the cake :thumbsup:

Nice silver too!

Take care,
watercolor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread