Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's up guys, it's been a busy summer but some of that business has been due to time spent detecting. I've been hammering the site that I pulled the large cent out of back in June. Out of nowhere came the second one a few weeks ago, and in great shape. I thought for sure it was going to be a clad Kennedy half, cause I knew it didn't quite sound high enough to be a silver half and I was popping clad at a decent pace. So that's my third career LC. Also pulled a buffalo, a Davey Crocket ring, and a small, thin silver ring in the shape of a snake.

yo.jpg

huntD-4.jpg

huntC-5.jpg

huntB-6.jpg

huntA-6.jpg

On one of my rains days I went back to a park that I haven't been to much at all this year. This place is nice because it offers the older coins like SLQs, barbers, and IHs that aren't found at almost all of the other schools/parks that we frequent. ::) Well I almost didn't dig the first IH (and if I hadn't, I would not have found the other one for sure), because you would've been out of your mind to think that this target could have been silver. I knew IHs were here...I guess it was one of those times where you go out on a limb, hoping that the particular target turns out to be something specific in mind, and get lucky. :) Also nabbed a war nickel and an old button(?).

z2.jpg

z1.jpg

One short hunt didn't produce much, but the doorknob is pretty neat. Who knows how old it is. Three wheats made up 50% of the coins finds lol.

a2-1.jpg

a1-1.jpg

And here's where I threw the finds from the rest of the hunts all in one pic. Well, two really. Kind of a dry spell for silver, I found the 54 dime yesterday to brake it. It was at a school that we explored...it'll be worth a little more investigating. We did a decent amount of exploratory hunting and many of the sites turned out to have unoriginal ground so we're still looking for some more productive sites.

detectingA.jpg

detectingB.jpg

Thanks for looking yall and take care.

Upvote 0

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
That LC is a beauty! I have yet to dig a Braided Hair variety.

Very nice finds!

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice LC! It is the upright 5's variety. Congrats on your third career LC. Hogge :headbang:

bedpanmoneyman

Jun 17, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Nice LC Nate. I pulled my third career LC (1828) last month from a sports complex (it was the second one I've pulled from that area). I had the same thought as you...Kennedy Half.....when I first got the signal and VDI. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lots of nice fineds, Nate. Like those old glass doorknobs. I see an Oldmobile hood emblem too. Nice 55 LC. Looks like you have been busy :o

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neil in West Jersey said:
That LC is a beauty! I have yet to dig a Braided Hair variety.

Very nice finds!

Thanks Neil. But you know, you sure make up for it though with all the other colonial stuff and whatnot you find. 8)

hogge said:
Very Nice LC! It is the upright 5's variety. Congrats on your third career LC. Hogge :headbang:

Thanks Hogge. Upright 5s indeed.

Danimal said:
dude

bedpanmoneyman said:
Nice LC Nate. I pulled my third career LC (1828) last month from a sports complex (it was the second one I've pulled from that area). I had the same thought as you...Kennedy Half.....when I first got the signal and VDI. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yea I don't even know what was on this property back in the 1800s. And the 2 LCs have been near a blacktop and at the base of a ridge/bulge so I bet some construction was involved in moving these coins to some degree. This is also the site that I got the 3 center, bust half dime, and Canadian 5c together. I can't figure it out. ??? ??? ??? ???

crazyjarhead said:
Lots of nice fineds, Nate. Like those old glass doorknobs. I see an Oldmobile hood emblem too. Nice 55 LC. Looks like you have been busy :o

Thanks, it has been busy and it has been taking quite some trash to dig out too. You've been rocking some new sites I've seen, keep up the great finds. 8)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8) It's all good, Nate!...But love that door knob! :icon_pirat: Lisa found two of 'em last week. Super looking LC too!

Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread