June 30, a 10Kt and 925 earring kind of day

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello to you all!!

I headed back to the area that I hunted last Sunday during my contest and pillaged the woodchip areas at two more schools near there and a small park. I definitely hunted at a slower more relaxing pace yesterday then the madness of last weekend ;D. Actually, my lower back is still a bit tender. I discovered that after I had been hunting for a couple hours. I hunted slower and took a few breaks which I didn't doo last weekend.

These schools were not quite as loaded as the one from Sunday and I did see some traces that someone had detected there fairly recently, loose holes with a trash presents put back in the bottom. Anyway, they were nice enough to miss a lot of nice keepers and I popped out over 200 coins total for the day.

It was a keeper earring sort of day. I ended up with two really sweet large somewhat heavy gold earrings both stamped 10K. My silver keepers were a large hoop 925 earring, and silver chain and heart bracelet stamped 925 Tiffiny and Co but it's pretty beat up as the one school had pea gravel under the woodchips and this was down in the gravel. Then a rare find, a pair of earrings both stamped 925, heavy scallop loop style ones and they were found tied togther with the clasp. This is only the third time I have found a matching pair of earrirngs... the "rare" part.

Today's totals were as follows, 5 hours hunt time with a nice pouchful of keepers and other finds, 206 coins for a $14.05 face value. Included in that were two more Sac $1 coins which are fun to find and a nice pile of trinkets including 4 more rings. That puts me at 71 rings total for the season (24 gold and silver and 47 trinket).

Thanks for reading and I hope you all can get out this weekend and have some good fortune! Happy hunting!!!

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• June 30 T.jpg
    June 30 T.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 601
  • June 30 F.jpg
    June 30 F.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 605
  • Keepers.jpg
    Keepers.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 600
Upvote 0

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Bobby, you are truly the treasure finder! A pair of earrings, wow, my spousal unit would love that. She's getting real tired of me finding only one. LOL Great clad total too...the best I can manage around here is about $9. I really need to find "richer" areas. I take it none of those rings are worth anything...bummer. Your post, as usual, didn't disappoint! Way to go buddy! ;D

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Another great day! Glad to see you cleared 4000!! You are going to have to open a jewelry store! :D

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Prober said:
Bobby, you are truly the treasure finder! A pair of earrings, wow, my spousal unit would love that. She's getting real tired of me finding only one. LOL Great clad total too...the best I can manage around here is about $9. I really need to find "richer" areas. I take it none of those rings are worth anything...bummer. Your post, as usual, didn't disappoint! Way to go buddy! ;D

Prober not sure where you are located...not asking....but try some suburban areas if you have them where all the kids have hundred dollar bats, their own carry bag, helmet and so on. They are so spoiled rotten that carrying pennies is an insult! Good luck I have quite a few like that but never go out of my way. The coins will still be there when I arrive... :)

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
another excellent set of finds! your gonna have to armor-plate your truck soon ;)

HH
-GC

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, BDoo! Congrats on hitting those coin milestones. I wish our city and schools used woodchips on their playgrounds. They still use playsand, except for one district that uses wood chips, but they only have a handful of elementary schools.

HH

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Wow, looks a lot more impressive than my take yesterday. :o :P Very nice haul. Love finding those dollar coins - escpecially the Sac's. Better than those SBA's.

How far did you have to travel to the site? I'm telling you I gotta find me some sites like yours.

Bob

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bdoo,
An incredible haul of loot! Congrats. Watch out, I'm heading up to Northern Indiana next month with my son for some Mding & fishing. I may have to step over the Michigan border to invaded some Michigan tot lots. :o ;D
Your hunts are amazing!
-MM-

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy smokes BDoo, I can't believe you haven't run every park and school in Michigan dry! I've hit a dry spell at the ones here unless I go miles out of my way..my backup plan is to search the private yards, they're producing older (but not as many) coin and jewelry targets.

Great job once again.

Nat

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Another very productive hunt!

Nice work! Too bad the Tiffany piece got damaged. It's nice to know they can be found though.

Excellent and inspiring finds!

Ridley

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Wow that's a kick butt kinda day. Congrats also on the 4000 coin mark. Nice napsy after that. WTG
Mike in NJ

M-Squared

Mar 4, 2007
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum XLT & Bullseye II Probe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boobydoo..

You are truly a consummate metal detectorist.

Congrats on your finds.

Why don't you save some targets for other th'ers in the local area? Seems like you have a monopoly going on there in immediate region. Aren't there any local ordinances against such anti-competition activities? Hahahah!

HH from M2

Attachments

• Funny2.gif
    Funny2.gif
    177 KB · Views: 433

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
You definitely cleaned that place out, Booby! You and DFX-Greg have to be probably the best coinshooters and jewelry hunters on this site.

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on a super day!! Loads of cash and some jewerly too!! Sweeeeet!

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
great finds bob !! i be tryin,, but can't even come close to your takes....
keep the good stuff comin amigo ! ;D ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Prober said:

Thanks a lot Bob! No, all the rings were junk ones this day, but I am not complaining. I had a nice 200+ coin day filled with some nice keepers. Good luck to you. You have been doing great of late too!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread