Junk in the trunk?

R

Richie Zacker

I have been diving for 2 years now and never seem to find anything good. I started bringing a speargun along so I could at least shoot a few 11 inch hogfish for dinner. In South Florida, a girl (who Im trying to date) found an old car on the bottom of a canal. She told me that there might be some junk in the trunk if I could wiggle something into the crack so I could see whats inside. Im not sure if there would be anything good inside it, but Ive been trying to get in for quite a while now with no success.

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
uh be careful you might find something you'd rather not "in da trunk". don't you find it rather odd that it was just "left" there in a deep canal---good luck and be careful--Ivan

T

TreasureTales

Hello Richie, welcome to TreasureNet. Ivan is giving you some good advice, IMO. You might find something nobody would want to find - or you might find a spare tire and a jack. If you do open the trunk, be sure not to disturb anything if there is a body inside. And if it has no body, just a spare and a jack - well you had the fun of HOPING, anyway. Seriously, if the car is old enough, you might want to get the hood ornament. And be sure to look under the trunk liner for a "secret" compartment. Be safe and please let us know what you find in the trunk, if you open it. Frankly, maybe you should hold out for a date with this young woman before you do her any big favors. ;)

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
TreasureTales said:
... Frankly, maybe you should hold out for a date with this young woman before you do her any big favors. ;)
LMAO... :D

Being a native new yorker the first thing I thought of was... "stay the hell outta the trunk"!

But every day brings adventures... make sure you have help, a partner who knows what your doing and where you are, and be ready for anything! Good luck with the girlfriend thing!

Richie Zacker said:
... She told me that there might be some junk in the trunk if I could wiggle something into the crack so I could see whats inside.

Um... maybe she wants to date you too... :o

T

TreasureTales

Montana Jim said:
Richie Zacker said:
... She told me that there might be some junk in the trunk if I could wiggle something into the crack so I could see whats inside.

Um... maybe she wants to date you too... :o

ROFL, that sentence did sound a little suggestive, didn't it?! Great Dirty minds think alike???!!! ;D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
you guys also forgot the next line---I'd like to get in to see if theres anything good in there,I've been trying but so far no luck--- I say use the "crow bar"...hahhh

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
really though heres an idea---if the car is a fairly recent one and has florida plates on it go to the fla DMV and say you found a "abandoned car" and want to contact the owner to have it removed---because some times old folks driving late at night have ":the big one" or run off the road into the canals (some of the canal are very big and in the boonies to boot)---something like that happened not too long ago --I seem to remember hearing about it on the news a while back and the old folks wound up in the canal that way also some one could have jacked the car robbed,killed or raped the owner (dope deal gone wrong or nut job type robber) put em in the trunk and dumped it in the canal to hide it or did it elsewhere and just drove the car to the canal to get rid of it ---if it comes up "dirty" tell the DMV and cops were it is at---no harm no foul on his part---if the car comes up clean well check it out very carefully of course---alot depoends on the age of the car and where its at---I would check it out very carefully before attampting to crack into it.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
take her bone fishing...........

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
It may be stolen, report it to the authorities.
Down here,more than likely.Probably reported stolen to collect the insurance.You know how rampant fraud is.Course there are a lot of New Yorkers down here,could be a body in there! ;) Ditto on the authorities.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sure you already though of this but I will throw it out there anyway...If the car is from the 80s it may have a truck release inside the car that is not electric which may still work. If not try getting into the truck from the back seat it is much easier...just be careful that you don't get your diving equipment hung up and always dive with a buddy or buddet (yes I like to make words up..ha) in this case.

Good luck and be careful.

NJ

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you do find a body in it. Then it should be found and reported to the propper authorities so the person can have a normal funeral and maybe give some family members closer. If you really do find a body remember its just a empty body...a shell and nothing to fear.

As for getting the truck open, look around for some keys. Get the Vin number from the Windshield if at all possible and call a dealer and have them make a key. Pick the lock, easier said then done or even look for a auto truck release button. I am a diver too I would love to dive a car wreck with someone and my friend is a locksmith. It could have 1.7 million dollars of unmarked $100.00 bills in it....Yoink.

Cool story keep it safe,
Keep @ it and HH!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose alot depends on if there is a Law to Worry about.

I personally would Prefer to Look inside before wasting the Cops Time.

If there is just alot of Cash there they don't need to know.

But if there is a Body they do.

Why waste the Laws time.

Just My personal opinion.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not Necessarily. Alot depends on age of Vehicle.
(Crime) at least it's that way here.

This I know.

If the Plate is too old to trace,
They ain't intrested.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The State police do Dive the Pits around here & check abandond Vehicles for Bodies as a way of Training & doing their Jobs.
They also take Serial #'s but they don't Remove them.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the car is a YUGO or a Pacer, just let it be. ;D
-MM-

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess IF they are still Traceable Yes.

Not completly sure how far they keep records on Stolen Vehicles,
But I know not into the 70's here.

That dosn't mean they don't have the records.
That means they don't seem to want to Waste their time
digging them up.

CSOhio

Apr 13, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
be careful your girl your trying to date dont close you in the trunk. :( i would leave it be let the police no and let them deal with it if they find money they might give you some reward you never know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions