tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some old photos I found at my grandma's of my family in the military, some civil war photos! Man I would love to find what they left behind.
major-Anthony-129th-pa-SV.jpg

lieut-col-armstrong-cival-war.jpg

Civil_War_Varney.jpg

My-great-Uncle-Bill-Tom.jpg

tom_varney_wwii.jpg

medford_Haskins_WWII.jpg

1967_Gary_Michiel_Haskins.jpg

varney_william_james_1996.jpg

jason-1.jpg

I was always meant to be in the Army
gijoe.jpg

My nephew a few yrs back
Mvc-007f.jpg

Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat pics...love the CW ones. Thanks for sharing them with us and thank you for your service to our country.

;) RR

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
a long line of proud americans---those "civil war" photos are marked "brady" as in matthew brady the famous civil war photographer if they are his as such they have $$ value--- but as a family history they are priceless to say the least---at least have copies made just in case god forbid anything was to happen to them and keep them in a differant place than the origionals-- Ivan

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
What a great thing to keep and pass along! Thanks for serving and thanks for sharing the photos. Very cool

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
Congratulations on the Family Hitorical finds. It sur emakes your family tree better when you can add a picture to the narratives.

How fortunate you are to have them

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Wow....those Civil War pics are by Brady? I see his name there....
How cool!

I, my Dad, and his Dad served in the military (Army, Navy, Army respectively). My 2-times great-grandpa and 2 of his brothers fought in the Civil War....he was killed at the battle of Pea Ridge fighting for the Confederacy, one of his brothers was fighting for the North and was wounded...he died several years later due to complications from it, and the other brother was killed at Shiloh fighting for the South.

Then further on back, on of my ancestors fought in the Revolutionary War..

Unfortunately, in 1900 in Southern Arkansas, the family home burned to the ground, taking the family Bible and all old family records and photos with it.

It is nice to see someone who has family photos dating back 150 years or so....
:)

Skifisher

Apr 17, 2007
Anaheim, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX
Awsome. Thanks for posting your family treasures. Take the advice offered earlier, make copies and scan them also and send a copy to a family members house so thier is redundant backup.

A sincere thank you to all veterans for my freedoms.

Paul

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice.

Some low-life piece of dirt broke into my Mother's house between trips as we were moving her to a retirement center and stole a whole box of the old family photos and history that was going to go to my older brother. CW to WWI, including a bunch of letters home.

Had a poster in the box for one gr-gr-aunt's evangelical road-show revival with her husband that was a hoot.

Still steams me. >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread