Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes or no...
Have you ever found a Silver Dollar ? Not talking about Sacagawea Dollars, but yes for Eisenhower Dollars, though not silver.
Just yes or no... I have not in 35 years of hunting... although I have dug almost everything else..

YES
NO

Nope 👎🏼
Just those dinky dollars and very few of them too…! Seventeen years hunting mostly parks….

OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no, 1 nice 1942 half, fuuny i met a guy years ago that worked for dwp in down town los angeles and on his lunch hour he detector the strip by the street.he said he paid for his new detector with silver dollars he found. i still think about that 40 years later.
I would find that hard to believe

OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And here is what I think... for the most part, (not a cache with a bunch) very few people carried silver dollars in their pockets so very few people lost them....
That being said, they were such BIG coins that a lot of them that were dropped were quickly found and pocketed.. just my opinion...

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
And here is what I think... for the most part, (not a cache with a bunch) very few people carried silver dollars in their pockets so very few people lost them....
That being said, they were such BIG coins that a lot of them that were dropped were quickly found and pocketed.. just my opinion...
ok

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Troy Shadow X5
Tesoro Vaquero
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes or no...
Have you ever found a Silver Dollar ? Not talking about Sacagawea Dollars, but yes for Eisenhower Dollars, though not silver.
Just yes or no... I have not in 35 years of hunting... although I have dug almost everything else..

YES
NO

funny you ask this

my answer is yes, I just happen to find a 1972 Eisenhower this past Tuesday, the first one I have ever dug in the 14 years I have been detecting, it range up a solid 55 on the Legend and was down about 1.5 inches more or less a surface find that was covered by leaves from a huge oak tree it was under, I could not believe it

Attachments

• Eisenhower One Dollar Coin.jpg
    Eisenhower One Dollar Coin.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Eisenhower One Dollar Coin 2.jpg
    Eisenhower One Dollar Coin 2.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 9

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Troy Shadow X5
Tesoro Vaquero
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also these are not silver but I have been hitting a park across the street from the house my wife and I are living in, this park from my understanding was a gathering place in the 1800s and was establised as a city park in 1968, also from my understanding no one has ever detected that park until my wife and I started walking over to it and detecting it, I have hit it in different areas and have pulled 10 presidential $1 memorial coins from it and someone that I invited over to detect one day pulled one from it so there has been 11 of those coins pulled from that park since my wife and I moved here just about 1.5 years ago not sure what the metal is they are made of but they are about the size of a quarter.

photo's are of the first one I found

Attachments

• memorial coin better fron photo.jpg
    memorial coin better fron photo.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 9
  • memorial coin back.jpg
    memorial coin back.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes ..... Morgan, Ike and Susan B Anthony , and 1784 EUE bigger then a silver dollar

View attachment 2102844
I dug an 1808, 8 Reals in Spain and it blew my ears off, but that was Spain and not a US Dollar coin so I did not really consider it. Must have been amazing to see that come out of the ground.

OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also these are not silver but I have been hitting a park across the street from the house my wife and I are living in, this park from my understanding was a gathering place in the 1800s and was establised as a city park in 1968, also from my understanding no one has ever detected that park until my wife and I started walking over to it and detecting it, I have hit it in different areas and have pulled 10 presidential $1 memorial coins from it and someone that I invited over to detect one day pulled one from it so there has been 11 of those coins pulled from that park since my wife and I moved here just about 1.5 years ago not sure what the metal is they are made of but they are about the size of a quarter.

photo's are of the first one I found
I've seen these before and I don't believe they are old, do some research and tell us what they are from / for because I don't think they are US currency coins... Maybe for another country ? IDK for sure though.... you could ask at a bank...

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Troy Shadow X5
Tesoro Vaquero
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've seen these before and I don't believe they are old, do some research and tell us what they are from / for because I don't think they are US currency coins... Maybe for another country ? IDK for sure though.... you could ask at a bank...
they are a U.S coin minted as memorial coins for U.S presidents in fact there was a compete set of them minted cannot remember what year they were first minted and no they are not old at all but they are a $1 U.S coin worth exactly $1 LOL, just that fact I have found 10 of them in one park leads me to believe some kid found their mom or dads coin collection and took it and lost them, and I happen to find them, LOL

TreaShore

May 4, 2023
U.S.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT (since 2012)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never found a silver dollar or an ike. I think I may have found like 3 half dollars. None were silver.

The real kicker is I found 2 silver three cent pieces in saltwater. The first one I found was a phenominal looking 1852. I never thought I would find another one since I hunt salterwater 99% of the time and the coins are so small and fragile to begin with. I now fully expect to find another 3 cent coin before a silver half or dollar.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Troy Shadow X5
Tesoro Vaquero
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I did! I will have to look in my found coins. Just kidding, I have been fortunate enough to find 5 in my 50 years of hunting. I found all five in my early years hunting in Hagerstown Md. I never have found one here in south Georgia.
Silver Dollars.jpg
The bottom two were in the same hole with a piece of scrap metal sandwiched between them. I don't count them, but I have found quite few Sacajawea dollar coins..

Last edited:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been fortunate enough to find a peace dollar. And when I did it didn’t even seem real how big it was. I thought it was a watch piece at first

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread