Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to try something I've been wanting to do for a while now. An "official" water hunt. :)

Back around 30 years ago I used to do this regularly along with my ground hunts. Ever since I got back into the hobby I've been wanting to try again. I was remembering all those "WONDERFUL" hunts from long ago, and all the excellent finds!

Welp, I did it! I fixed up my long handled scoop and off I went. I spent about 7 hours. Here's what I found:

Image166.jpg
Image167.jpg

Ain't he speshul!! ;)

Image168.jpg

This was the find that "saved" this memory trip fiasco.
It's what I want to thank Chug And Red for, specifically Red, (I think :icon_scratch: )

It was mentioned about how they pay particular attention to logs on their hunts. The ones where people tend to sit while at the beach. As I walked along this long, deserted piece of beachfront, I remembered that and walked up to one. There, right next to the log was this little piece of bling. Not much, but the best find of the day! Thanks Chug And Red! :)

I found out something else too. Hunts from 30 years ago are just plain NOT as easy to do!!! I think I'm gonna pretty much retire from that sort of hunting. Maybe, once in a moon, I'll wander along a beach. But not a full fledged water hunt. I kinda liked wandering around on the dry sand, (after I gave up on fighting the waves). Was kind of like playing in a sandbox. Dug with my toe. Fun! Ya know? :)

On the way home I got this wheatie:

Image169.jpg Image170.jpg

They don't come out of the ground any better than this! (AND, actually, neither did this, I got it in change. Still counts though, I figure. LOL )

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 5

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I decided to try something I've been wanting to do for a while now. An "official" water hunt. :)

Back around 30 years ago I used to do this regularly along with my ground hunts. Ever since I got back into the hobby I've been wanting to try again. I was remembering all those "WONDERFUL" hunts from long ago, and all the excellent finds!

Welp, I did it! I fixed up my long handled scoop and off I went. I spent about 7 hours. Here's what I found:

View attachment 868195
View attachment 868196

Ain't he speshul!! ;)

View attachment 868197

This was the find that "saved" this memory trip fiasco.
It's what I want to thank Chug And Red for, specifically Red, (I think :icon_scratch: )

It was mentioned about how they pay particular attention to logs on their hunts. The ones where people tend to sit while at the beach. As I walked along this long, deserted piece of beachfront, I remembered that and walked up to one. There, right next to the log was this little piece of bling. Not much, but the best find of the day! Thanks Chug And Red! :)

I found out something else too. Hunts from 30 years ago are just plain NOT as easy to do!!! I think I'm gonna pretty much retire from that sort of hunting. Maybe, once in a moon, I'll wander along a beach. But not a full fledged water hunt. I kinda liked wandering around on the dry sand, (after I gave up on fighting the waves). Was kind of like playing in a sandbox. Dug with my toe. Fun! Ya know? :)

On the way home I got this wheatie:

View attachment 868198 View attachment 868199

They don't come out of the ground any better than this! (AND, actually, neither did this, I got it in change. Still counts though, I figure. LOL )

Thanks for peeking!

Red here, love your post! The little guy is cool, the heart is pretty and your bling is awesome! WTG on the wheatie, it's a beauty! Thank you for your kind words, I love that something I said in a post helped you out. I remember that one, we found some great stuff that day! Logs are great, especially when they are big and have some limbs left and holes in them, people hide things in strange places, especially when they don't want to lose something. I have found enough to keep me going back, you just never know what your going to find. My first silver ring was partly under a small log, I must look pretty funny when people see me checking everywhere, but that's ok. :laughing7: When you do dry sand, don't forget to check around tree's, and the roots, we have found great stuff too that way too. Take care, and have a great day! :hello:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's your hunt, I reckon you make the rules, lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread