Beachen Day!

kwikfile

Sep 2, 2013
North Orange County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hounter Lone Star
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Story: I get up after a restless night of sleep. Saturday is finally here, I can get up early and do something for me instead of getting up and going to work! So I drive down to the beach and give it a try. So on the way down the cliff path a couple asks if I can help them. They had been at a particular lifeguard tower a "know" exactly wher it is except they just can't find it. I said sure, "Glad to help" so I search every where he thought, no hits except bottle caps and a quarter. So I expand the search area by ten feet twice, still nothing... So he thanked me anyway, and I felt bad, so anxious to actually find a lost ring and see the owner light up! So I scan the beach as I had planned. It was a dud. On the way back I decide to try one more time, not believing I could not find the ring before. I was about five feet from the furthest area I had scanned when the owner was with me and suddenly dee, dee, dee, dee I scoop up a shovel full, sift it; "I'll be damned if it isn't the ring!" I said to myself...

Now what in good conscience do I do? I saw the owner, real nice guy, he said it was a big Silver one, the I found was a big Silver one.

I need advice?

How can I help this guy?

I will post pictures of the ring after I settle this moral dilemma I have.

Thanks in advance, T net community...

Upvote 0

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe post it on Craigslist. Don't describe the ring....only the circumstances. Maybe they will see it and answer your post. Good Luck

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always get the persons contact info before they leave. Its going to be hard to get it back to him now...almost impossible.

OP
OP
kwikfile

kwikfile

Sep 2, 2013
North Orange County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hounter Lone Star
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I decided to go back tomorrow put up a flyer and the beginning of the stairs where I saw them. My take is they go there a lot. They come by again and see the note, then call me. I will screen the call to make sure it is described perfectly. Pretty easy really, it has a unique detail, that only he would know. After awhile I'll just write it off and keep it as booty. I just hope he calls, and yes next time I will get the persons number. I figure the more we as a MD community put out the good vibes, it can only help us be seen in a good light.

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good for you. Lets us know what happens and then post photos.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to go back tomorrow put up a flyer and the beginning of the stairs where I saw them. My take is they go there a lot. They come by again and see the note, then call me. I will screen the call to make sure it is described perfectly. Pretty easy really, it has a unique detail, that only he would know. After awhile I'll just write it off and keep it as booty. I just hope he calls, and yes next time I will get the persons number. I figure the more we as a MD community put out the good vibes, it can only help us be seen in a good light.
Good idea...that's about all you can do...good luck.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread