Just a heads up for anyone in or close to the Outer Banks.

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
Did anybody go to this? I wonder what goodies he had. Perhaps pieces of GD that were wrecked that could turn a nice profit to GD fans. We stop by quite often when we go to Kill Devil Hills as it's on the way. Only about 2.5 hours from here but we didn't know about the sale until now. Oh well...hope folks got some good things!

OP
OP
B

Brian B

Mar 22, 2011
From the flyers they had posted I believe it's an annual event down there.

The State Department also had a sale Saturday and Sunday, which also goes on this weekend . Mostly a book sale, but also stamps and coins, hats, musical instruments, and doo-dads that various state dept peeps have brought home. Even had some sports cards. Besides though, most stuff was international. And paper money, too. I know when I left Saturday they said they were continually bringing more books out to restock. Not sure about the other stuff. This Sunday is 1/2 price day, IIRC.

There was a whole bookshelf full of Henry Kissinger's books released from the Nixon Presidential Library. I also found a 2-book boxed set that I passed on. It was a National Geographic type from the country of Palau, which had a hand written letter from Palau's President addressed to "Madame Secretary" Hilary Clinton.

The state Dept sale is also an annual event.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Brian B said:

The State Department also had a sale Saturday and Sunday, which also goes on this weekend . Mostly a book sale, but also stamps and coins, hats, musical instruments, and doo-dads that various state dept peeps have brought home. Even had some sports cards. Besides though, most stuff was international. And paper money, too. I know when I left Saturday they said they were continually bringing more books out to restock. Not sure about the other stuff. This Sunday is 1/2 price day, IIRC.

There was a whole bookshelf full of Henry Kissinger's books released from the Nixon Presidential Library. I also found a 2-book boxed set that I passed on. It was a National Geographic type from the country of Palau, which had a hand written letter from Palau's President addressed to "Madame Secretary" Hilary Clinton.

This "2-book boxed set that I passed on. It was a National Geographic type from the country of Palau, which had a hand written letter from Palau's President addressed to "Madame Secretary" Hilary Clinton." you should have bought unless it was over priced

OP
OP
B

Brian B

Mar 22, 2011
creeper71 said:
Brian B said:

This "2-book boxed set that I passed on. It was a National Geographic type from the country of Palau, which had a hand written letter from Palau's President addressed to "Madame Secretary" Hilary Clinton." you should have bought unless it was over priced

Yeah, I sell books for a living, just not too much in the collectables dept. They wanted $20 for it, which wasn't bad, and I kind of regret not buying it, but to me, it was something I would've sat on awhile, and had to wait for that "right buyer". And cool as a conversation piece, but they only last so long as that. So it was a bad pass for me, either.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Brian B said:
creeper71 said:
Brian B said:

Yeah, I sell books for a living, just not too much in the collectables dept. They wanted $20 for it, which wasn't bad, and I kind of regret not buying it, but to me, it was something I would've sat on awhile, and had to wait for that "right buyer". And cool as a conversation piece, but they only last so long as that. So it was a bad pass for me, either.
it was a hand written letter to Hilary Clinton I'm sure you wouldn't have had to sit to long..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions