Just a little something I found

DFX Tim

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2006
Germany
Just a little something I found a while back before I left for 7 months of training with the Army. I'm back in Germany now looking for a detecting partner in the Hessen area (Wiesbaden). I've detected with Trent (Birdman) from this board a couple times before he left Germany last year. Anyway, hope you like this

Respectfully
Tim

Attachments

• One of my finds.jpg
    One of my finds.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 1,426
  • One of my finds.jpg
    One of my finds.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 1,426
Upvote 0
OP
OP
DFX Tim

DFX Tim

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2006
Germany
It's Bronze from the looks of it and the time frame would suggest the same. I sent pictures to the British museum and they said the same thing. I found a couple silver and bronze coins around the same general area so it was a pretty productive day.

Hope that helps

V/r
Tim

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a pretty awesome find Tim.It would be nice to find away to re-attach the piece's for display.Cool find!!

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Neat find! Congrats!

OP
OP
DFX Tim

DFX Tim

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2006
Germany
Thanks everyone! It is an old find (2006) but still rather recent for me since I just picked the detector back up a couple weeks ago. The military is pretty relaxed here so it looks like I'll get more time to hunt in the local area. Mainz has a pretty good history behind it with lots to find and fields all over the place and it's only 10 minutes away. I'll try to post more

Respects

T

skispeed69

Apr 2, 2007
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim,

Pat and I are always down there in Mainz detecting. He was an old parner of birdman. Let me know when you want to go out. Found some nice hammered down there last time. As you know the weather sucks right now but soon we will be out in force.

Ski...

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim that sieve is an amazing find ! I remember when you showed it to me .Wow! Have you been back to the area where you found it yet? Those were good times. Glad the Army life is good to ya so far.You could not have got a better assignment! Please post your loot ,we would enjoy seeing it. Good luck on your weekend hunt and tell Pat hello for me. Maybe I will pull a couple of wheat pennies.LOL

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim ,how have the temps been there ? Snowing here right now. I remember that last hunt we had in the freezing rain. It was worth it , frost bite and all. :wink:.

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
interesting find

OP
OP
DFX Tim

DFX Tim

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2006
Germany
Trent: went out the other day and the temp was a little freaky like always here in Germany. Started off sunny and by the time I got out to the field the shy was black and temp in the 30's. About 20 minutes into it hail started dropping that turned into rainn for the REST of the day. Let's just say that I was one big mud-cicle by the end of the day.

Found a couple modern coins and one french button. Not sure if it was worth going out but it was still better than sitting on my butt at home.

SKI: Yea, Pat was my first detecting partner ever and then I hooked up with Trent through him. You should drop me a msg offline and we can head out. My wife is super cool and lets me go out pretty much when ever I want except for special days.

Ok...

Respectfully

Tim

Wicked Wanda

Feb 29, 2008
Apple Valley, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Ace 250 , & Pro Pointer
That is a really nice find, love it. Congrats! Looking forward to you sharing more finds, keep us posted. ~HH~ :thumbsup:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim ,one Napoleonic button would be worth it to me . It is kind of amazing how many things you dig there and they become routine. Musket balls ,nazi coins ect. I would love to dig some of that stuff now!! :icon_scratch: :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread