Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
The weather has started to cool in NC. It was the first weekend NOT in the 80s. It was a beautiful weekend to get outside.

I got to hunt with Tnet member Kurt Stuben on Saturday, and I soloed on Sunday. Here is a picture of all of the notable finds.

IMG_20171001_181353_844-2.jpg

- .50 Cal broken shell.
- Small padlock key.
- Plastic bear: eyeballed.
- Little face.
- Mill marble, it's the raw material for fiber glass.
- Great Seal button.
- Wheatie w/ .22 shot. Obviously a Southern sympathizer.
- 1950 & 1954 Rosies.

This one came out of the hole with the dirt, ahhh, what a nice sight. One silver coin just makes my day. Odd how the small things have such a large impact.

IMG_20170930_091722_834.jpg

This one was stuck in a dirt clod, but I could see the silver edge.

IMG_20171001_103116_117-1.jpg

Here they are together.

IMG_20171001_181305_676-1.jpg

I really wish that I had better stuff to show you. However, I could have nothing at all!

For some reason, I like this bear. He is waving at YOU!

IMG_20171001_181414_748-1.jpg

YTD silver coins: 42.

Thanks for looking and best of luck on your hunts!

Last edited:
Upvote 20
I like the interesting variety.....and what might that curved piece to the right be?

Nice button.

Nice finds Tom. I like the silvers, and the Great Seal Button.

I like the interesting variety.....and what might that curved piece to the right be?

DeepseekerADS is correct, that's a wheat cent that someone shot with a .22.

Nice to see you pulled some keepers Tom. You did way better than me. I hunted a yard where the house was built in 1885 in a town about 20 miles East of me. Oldest target was a 1957 wheat. Oh well at least I wasn't skunked and dug enough clad to cover the gas for the round trip.

I know what you mean. Anymore, if I'm in the mood for finding something old, as opposed to just more clad.
All I look for is just one decent item. ANY will do, but, just one is enough.

:occasion14:

Congrats on the silver and Great Seal Button. I think that's a good hunt. Nice assortment. What did the marble ring up?

What are you talking about better stuff? You've got silver!!!!! Freaking awesome score. Its not the 204 rings in a hole like what you are reading on the Banner this morning but hey, this is great!

Congrats on the silver and Great Seal Button. I think that's a good hunt. Nice assortment. What did the marble ring up?

It was in the dirt that I removed from a hole. This hunt was in a "mill town", and that is the raw material that they made fiber glass out of. We find them everywhere we go in this town... It rang up a 54 at 12KHZ... because there was a nickel in the hole too... smarty pants!

What are you talking about better stuff? You've got silver!!!!! Freaking awesome score. Its not the 204 rings in a hole like what you are reading on the Banner this morning but hey, this is great!

I would rather have a half dime, Spanish silver, wax seal, large cent, CW eagle button, you get the idea. However, I am thankful to have found anything "keepable".

Remember that you heard "keepable" here first!

It was in the dirt that I removed from a hole. This hunt was in a "mill town", and that is the raw material that they made fiber glass out of. We find them everywhere we go in this town... It rang up a 54 at 12KHZ... because there was a nickel in the hole too... smarty pants!

:laughing7::occasion14:

Still nice to put another couple of silver under the belt.
Those 50 cal ring up nice, especially in the sand.

congrats, very respectable haul compared to a lot of us. Somehow I don't see you going very long with out some sort of silver to show for it. I have days where one lone wheatie made the day, especially after a very long one with nothing good to show for it. I'm sure that you had a big grin with a twinkle in your eyes when you spotted those two silvers. So congrats again Mr Tom

Nice finds...Silver is always great and the button is the icing. Congrats !!

Tom, I always read your posts!

There's usually silver in them :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back