Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just purchased 300 shares.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out but I expect to see it go up seeing they're pulling up all that silver!

Anyone else have OMEX or other Treasure related stocks?

bling.gif
gettinmoney.gif

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Rebel,

what are they trading at and please let us know periodically if its going up or own, I would have no clue where to look, good luck and I hope you do well with them😊

OP
OP
The Rebel

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, that might help a bit, LOL!

NASDAQ as OMEX

Company website: Odyssey Marine Exploration - Deep-Ocean Shipwreck Experts

Investors

3 Mo. 6 Mo. 1 Yr.

Stock Quote Ticker: OMEX
Exchange: NASDAQ
Price: 3.44
Change: + 0.11
Day High:3.47
Day Low: 3.30
Volume: 527,700
4:08 PM ET on Jul 25, 2013
Delayed ~20 min. By eSignal.

Odyssey Marine Exploration, Inc. (NasdaqCM: OMEX) is a world leader in deep-ocean exploration. The company’s innovative methods and state-of-the-art technology are currently being applied to historic shipwreck projects, modern commodity shipwrecks, and mineral exploration. Odyssey’s historic shipwreck discoveries include the SS Republic and HMS Victory. In 2012 Odyssey set a record for the deepest and heaviest cargo recovery from a shipwreck with the recovery of 48 tons of silver from the SS Gairsoppa which sank in 1941 more than 15,000 feet deep.
Odyssey has also leveraged core business expertise and technology for deep-ocean mineral exploration. The company has a majority ownership stake in Oceanica Resources, and minority ownership stakes in Neptune Minerals and Chatham Rock Phosphate, all companies controlling exclusive mineral licenses for areas believed to contain high-value ocean floor mineral deposits. Odyssey also provides contracting services, including proprietary deep-ocean expertise and equipment, to governments and companies around the world.

Last edited:

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had the stock for maybe 5 years never does very much through all the Major Hits stays about the same BUT the yearly prospectus is always great reading and the tee shirts are a killer if you hang around dock bars , aside from that you are not going to make a killing

Sandman23

Dec 18, 2012
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SS II. looking to upgrade soon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah just looking at there stock and the key points they are working with, they have $11.05 Million total cash with a Debt of $16.27Million. So they don't even have enough cash on hand to wipe out there Debt that's why they are ALWAYS looking for investors. Their Operating Cash Flow is at $ -18.39 Million and their Levered Free Cash Flow is at $ -13.41 Million. like the other guy said, you can buy into it for the long haul but I don't see you getting rich off it...

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah just looking at there stock and the key points they are working with, they have $11.05 Million total cash with a Debt of $16.27Million. So they don't even have enough cash on hand to wipe out there Debt that's why they are ALWAYS looking for investors. Their Operating Cash Flow is at $ -18.39 Million and their Levered Free Cash Flow is at $ -13.41 Million. like the other guy said, you can buy into it for the long haul but I don't see you getting rich off it...

It sure doesn't help them any that they have to fight and sometimes lose to Spain at almost every turn they make! The loss of salvaged Silver and Gold Coins, Gold and Silver Bars and other precious jewelry and artifacts as well as Lawyers and Court Fees sure doesn't help them any.

Frank

OP
OP
The Rebel

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys.

Definitely not looking to get rich on this one but it's a LOT cheaper than investing with Mel Fisher. I'll just ride the ride & see where it goes. I'm in for the long haul anyhow. ETF's are definitely the way to go: IAU & SLV.

How do you get a tee shirt from them?

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys.

Definitely not looking to get rich on this one but it's a LOT cheaper than investing with Mel Fisher. I'll just ride the ride & see where it goes. I'm in for the long haul anyhow. ETF's are definitely the way to go: IAU & SLV.

How do you get a tee shirt from them?
Just look on their website you can buy the shirts and Caps

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It sure doesn't help them any that they have to fight and sometimes lose to Spain at almost every turn they make! The loss of salvaged Silver and Gold Coins, Gold and Silver Bars and other precious jewelry and artifacts as well as Lawyers and Court Fees sure doesn't help them any.

Frank

Hey Frank,

I am going to tell Spain about your goodies from the Volcano tube unless me and Über get our cut, we'll capture Brad and hold him to ransom LOL

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yea, that might help a bit, LOL!

NASDAQ as OMEX

Company website: Odyssey Marine Exploration - Deep-Ocean Shipwreck Experts

Investors

http://ir.odysseymarine.com/index.cfm?sh_print=yes& http://ir.odysseymarine.com/index.cfm?sh_email=yes& http://ir.odysseymarine.com/#
http://ir.odysseymarine.com/stockquote.cfm
3 Mo. 6 Mo. 1 Yr.

Stock Quote Ticker: OMEX
Exchange: NASDAQ
Price: 3.44
Change: + 0.11
Day High:3.47
Day Low: 3.30
Volume: 527,700
4:08 PM ET on Jul 25, 2013
Delayed ~20 min. By eSignal.

Odyssey Marine Exploration, Inc. (NasdaqCM: OMEX) is a world leader in deep-ocean exploration. The company’s innovative methods and state-of-the-art technology are currently being applied to historic shipwreck projects, modern commodity shipwrecks, and mineral exploration. Odyssey’s historic shipwreck discoveries include the SS Republic and HMS Victory. In 2012 Odyssey set a record for the deepest and heaviest cargo recovery from a shipwreck with the recovery of 48 tons of silver from the SS Gairsoppa which sank in 1941 more than 15,000 feet deep.
Odyssey has also leveraged core business expertise and technology for deep-ocean mineral exploration. The company has a majority ownership stake in Oceanica Resources, and minority ownership stakes in Neptune Minerals and Chatham Rock Phosphate, all companies controlling exclusive mineral licenses for areas believed to contain high-value ocean floor mineral deposits. Odyssey also provides contracting services, including proprietary deep-ocean expertise and equipment, to governments and companies around the world.

Thanks Rebel,

I'll look now and again and think of you laughing or crying😊

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Frank,

I am going to tell Spain about your goodies from the Volcano tube unless me and Über get our cut, we'll capture Brad and hold him to ransom LOL

Damn Kevin, you are like a bad rash popping everywhere on me, even on my' a#$! LOL!! I really don't think that Über will be needing a cut because he will soon be making tons of money off the salvage of those sewer pipes. Also, good luck on finding Brad, he went back into the cave to see if he could find another entrance/exit and hasn't been seen since.

Frank

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Damn Kevin, you are like a bad rash popping everywhere on me, even on my' a#$! LOL!! I really don't think that Über will be needing a cut because he will soon be making tons of money off the salvage of those sewer pipes. Also, good luck on finding Brad, he went back into the cave to see if he could find another entrance/exit and hasn't been seen since.

Frank

More for us to share out if Brads evaporated then, I like it.....

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to trade penny stocks $ small caps all the time. A friend and I bought into Odyssey several years ago when they were under $2.00 a share, eventually dumped them when they were around $3.00. A short time after that they shot up to something to like $6-7, as I recall, but then they dropped right back down just about as fast. And there is the biggest issue with these companies, things tend to happen extremely fast, both up and down and you really have to be involved daily to prevent losing your shirt....and even then it isn't always possible. But it was fun and I enjoyed it despite a lot of frustrating days. :laughing7:

OP
OP
The Rebel

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the old rule is buy low sell high. I'm not expecting to see much movement but in for the long haul. You just never know what may or may not happen.

It's just fun to play the market & I have cash in my 401k to play with. I had stock in BNSF before it was purchased by Berkshire Hathaway so now I have BERK.B

[FONT=&quot]Quantity[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Price[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Principal[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Charges and/or Interest[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Total Amount[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]300[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]$3.46[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]$1,038.00[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Commission: [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$8.95[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]$1,046.95[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Investing in a company like Odyssey is a bit like playing billiards. you need to know the next 3 to for moves in advance befor you make your first move. So we know what they did in the past, we know what they are doing now, what are their next 3 projects they have planed. If you know their next moves you can do your own research and determine if they could make money in the future and how much.

Are they talking about future projects???

ZDD

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just buying a ounce of silver here and there rite now paying under 20 an ounce on average. I sure hope it doesn't drop much more before it comes back up.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dave Ramsey is a great financial advisor...for conservative folks. The crowd that visits this forum hardly fits non-risk takers. For this bunch, I suggest putting 35% in safe investments, 35% in medium growth, and 30% in higher potential growth. Odyssey makes a great choice for that 30% sector. That combination will always beat the Dow and inflation as long as you upgrade your choices every 6 months, and you aren't a nervous cat about your holdings. If you can't afford to lose it, or you're the nervous type, don't invest. In that's the case, go listen to Dave Ramsey.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread