Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped by after work yesterday and the carnies were still loading the machines up. So I went back this morning before work. I only had less than an hour to kill, this is what I found.

31 tokens (4 different types)
12 quarters
5 dimes
1 nickel
11 pennies
22 inch marked "925 Italy" necklace

Every thing was either right on the surface or just below the surface.I will be going back once I have more time.

The necklace is a Figaro style and the links are 1/4 inch wide but they are not sold they are links. It is missing the clasp. It has both ends, but the clasp is totally missing.
Thanks for looking

Ok here is the pix:

see the clasp is missing.

2629561552_6eb6a60c7e_b.jpg

2628742503_269b8babc1_b.jpg

2629560526_657a2e433c_b.jpg

This is the melt value, but its worth more as a chain, I think I will see how much a clasp will cost to add, the maybe try to sell it on ebay. I could prolly get $30 - $40 for it.
2629578462_82d6ea3062_o.jpg

Goio

Sep 15, 2003
All over!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-Trac, Excalibur II
Re: Just came back from the carnival spot... Found big silver.

TreasureFiend said:
I stopped by after work yesterday and the carnies were still loading the machines up. So I went back this morning before work. I only had less than an hour to kill, this is what I found.

31 tokens (3 different types)
12 quarters
5 dimes
1 nickel
11 pennies
22 inch marked "925 Italy" necklace

Every thing was either right on the surface or just below the surface.I will be going back once I have more time.

The necklace is a Figaro style and the links are 1/4 inch wide but they are not sold they are links. It is missing the clasp. It has both ends, but the clasp is totally missing. When I get home I will take some pix and weigh it on my scale.
Thanks for looking

All that in less then an hour! :o Good job speedy!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

yep, it was mostly lying right on the surface. I just had to move the grass with my shoe.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS

Nice job! When you said you had found big silver, I immediately thought you had dug a silver half dollar or something. Hey, a silver chain is a great find. It should be able to help pay for more detecting stuff.

Are you going out detecting on Sunday? I have a wedding to attend this Saturday but Sunday I'm free.

Joe

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am open to hunt anywhere. Any suggestions? I should get my new scoop this week, we could hitup a beach.

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! especially for an hours work. You have enough tokens to ride the zipper til you puke. That's probably how the chain was lost in the first place. HH

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Nicely done!

You can get jewelry repair parts at some of the large craft stores. Got a pile of it in the Lowbatts museum room for those chains and bracelets I find without clasps or broken. If you know the layout of the carnival going in, you're at a great advantage.

Next Monday morning is major carnie cleanup day around here. The bingo tent and the zipper/kamikaze are always first priority. What are you doing Monday, July 14? Want to hit the Lowbatts three-carnie cleanup circuit that day?

lemme know!

P.S. Don't forget July 5, it's the 37th anniversary of my start in treasure hunting for good reason!

Attachments

• coinage.jpg
    coinage.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 198
  • coinage.jpg
    coinage.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 192
OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure monday the 14th would be great, I will take off and make a day of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread