Just curious, does anyone...

Ghondi

Jun 26, 2007
Coventry, CT
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Last time I went I was getting $0.50 unstripped, and $3.10 stripped.

That was over 3 months ago though...and I was getting screwed on the unstripped.

Dosamigos

Jul 2, 2007
.50 unstripped, 2.95 stripped #1,

Was 3.15 per pound stripped a couple weeks ago. Don't know why it went down as al has gone up.

Gonzo, I have some unstripped that has like this rubber coating and then some kind of braided steel mesh and then has about ten twisted individually coated and steel enmeshed fine lines of #2. Have yet to figure out an efficient stripping method. About to say uncle and take the .50.

Dosamigos

Jul 2, 2007
Co axial. Thank you sir. I was thinking about hanging myself with it. It's going is as is.

Dosamigos

Jul 2, 2007
!

Whoa hoss. I came across about 30 ft. of that coax today. Started stripping and hit the mesh stuff.
I instantly thought "throw it in the unstripped pile ". I played with it a while without any luck. Took a smoke break and came back to fight the devil.
Ok, bingo! Cut the wire mesh until it was loose and then slide it off just like snakeskin.
Just saying..........

Rumblebelly

Jan 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
(RS)Discovery 2000, white's bullseye, NEW DFX!!!
Pepperpump,

I go for the fast money and do not strip it. I got .70 per pound back on 03/29/08 and .60 on 02/02/08
I have about another 100 pounds that will probably go next weekend.

I would strip it, but I have 4 crates of other items to strip down.

Good luck
rumblebelly

TJ2662

Jul 3, 2007
I'm getting 1.10/lb for unstripped wire, (cords, wiring, etc)....... 60 cents/lb for low voltage (telephone wiring, cat 5, computer wiring, etc)..

TJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread