Just curious....

BullionBaron

Feb 17, 2011
Upvote 0

DarkRider23

May 31, 2011
I keep them. I don't need the money at the moment and if silver continues to go up, then I made a good decision.

RP4L

Jun 3, 2011
I've kept everything I get from CRHing. Just roll it up and hide it with other parts of my non-CRH stash ;)

I wouldn't mind trading for some gold fractionals... haven't given it much thought though. I traded quite a bit of my non-CRH silver for gold when the gold to silver ratio was lower.

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
Ive only sold my 32 40%ers, but i really like any 90% finds, and needed some extra cash.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
This is my income stream. I retired from retail and found this to keep me busy. The rewards have been pretty good. Jim

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
For me silver is protection.

I will only sell it to alleviate pain and suffering for my friends and family.
Federal Reserve Notes I can get anywhere.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As with others, its my protection from fiat currency. I dont look at it as per se an investment but a store of value such as savings and a hedge against the TP in my wallet. So no, I have not sold any.

captainfwiffo

May 11, 2011
Southwest Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be unloading my junk silver finds as I complete rolls. I'll hang on to some coins that I want to keep in my collection, but that's a hobby, not an investment. There's no way of knowing how much longer the bull market on PMs can last with inflation and interest rates so low. I don't hedge against Armageddon theories; having a handful of silver would matter about as much as having an umbrella during an asteroid impact.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Meteors don't scare me; I am using silver as a hedge against a Fiat shower.

The dollars that you own today will be worth 5% of what they are now when* the Cash supply of the US is increased 20 times. And when* was yesterday.

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
captainfwiffo said:
I'll be unloading my junk silver finds as I complete rolls. I'll hang on to some coins that I want to keep in my collection, but that's a hobby, not an investment. There's no way of knowing how much longer the bull market on PMs can last with inflation and interest rates so low. I don't hedge against Armageddon theories; having a handful of silver would matter about as much as having an umbrella during an asteroid impact.

Excellent post, especially in regards to "Armageddon".

I might trade away all my 40%'ers for some pre-1933 US gold coins eventually.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep my finds as well, though I may be willing to part with some of those dirty 40% halves... I have never sold any of my finds.

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep what little silver I find but I will sell proofs or anything else I find that has some value. I buy silver with the profits.

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
I have never sold any of the coins that I have found either. Trading up to silver would be cool but not too many folks with bullion will trade you equal. I do recycle aluminum, copper, and steel junk and use all the money I collect from recycling to purchase silver. Most of the junk is free and it costs me my time to recycle it so it's kind of like finding a one ounce silver bar in the back alley.

AgRockStar

Jul 24, 2011
Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep everything.

Hopefully, if everything keeps going as planned...I'll continue to hoard, and maybe one day my son can decide what to do with it. And who knows what the silver price will be then?

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AgRockStar said:
I keep everything.

Hopefully, if everything keeps going as planned...I'll continue to hoard, and maybe one day my son can decide what to do with it. And who knows what the silver price will be then?
What he said....... :laughing9:

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
Every year I sell off a couple boxes of 40%s, but I hold on to the 90%s. If silver hits $45 I'm going to sell most of the 90%s. Looking at the prices now I want to kick my self for letting them go so cheap. Sellers remorse I guess. I would say if you don't need the money don't sell. Life passes by quick, and money is harder make when you're older.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
i stash my silver away for a rainy day. i also purchase silver, gold, platinum, and palladium (not much pall tho) and stash it away in a safe depo box, because i dont care much for that paper crap we all call money. its trash to me. real money is precious metals, pearls, gemstones, diamonds, and so on. i would never part w/ my crh'ing stash, or my bought PM stash. i only sell sterling, 10k, 14k, 18k etc. to upgrade to better PM's. (i only buy Eagle's usually) hope this helps! keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

Coin_Surfer

Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep them all. My goal is to get a big stash, and then sell:)

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I would have sold back when Silver hit $48. I think I'm actually going to sell if I see it hit about $45 again. It's probably not going to break $50, and when it drops lower, I could buy it back and still have a profit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread