Skunk Streak ENDS! And a First!

AgRockStar

Jul 24, 2011
Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like the other Iowa guys here...I have had horrible luck as of late with half dollars. Opened an account last week at a new bank, and decided to try my luck. Ordered 3 boxes of half dollars, 1 box of dimes, and 1 box of pennies. Just hoping and praying my 16 box skunk streak would end!

Box 1 Half:
1969 40%
1968 40%

Box 2 Half: Skunk
Box 3 Half: Skunk

Box 1 Dimes:
1945 Mercury (My first ever!)
1951 Roosevelt
1958 Roosevelt
1962 Roosevelt

Box 1 Penny:
4 Wheats
3 Canadian

So needless to say, the skunk streak ended at 16, but it's already back to 2! :laughing7:

Upvote 0

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AgRockStar said:
Just like the other Iowa guys here...I have had horrible luck as of late with half dollars. Opened an account last week at a new bank, and decided to try my luck. Ordered 3 boxes of half dollars, 1 box of dimes, and 1 box of pennies. Just hoping and praying my 16 box skunk streak would end!

Box 1 Half:
1969 40%
1968 40%

Box 2 Half: Skunk
Box 3 Half: Skunk

Box 1 Dimes:
1945 Mercury (My first ever!)
1951 Roosevelt
1958 Roosevelt
1962 Roosevelt

Box 1 Penny:
4 Wheats
3 Canadian

So needless to say, the skunk streak ended at 16, but it's already back to 2! :laughing7:

Or you can be positive and say that your skunked streak ended at 18...... :laughing7:

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
You may have just gotten lucky, or maybe those boxes were sitting in that bank's vault for a while...most of the NF Strings boxes here in Iowa come from the Wells Fargo vaults in Des Moines, where most banks send their coins from their coin counters (everyone's dumps)

OP
OP
AgRockStar

AgRockStar

Jul 24, 2011
Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mdockter said:
You may have just gotten lucky, or maybe those boxes were sitting in that bank's vault for a while...most of the NF Strings boxes here in Iowa come from the Wells Fargo vaults in Des Moines, where most banks send their coins from their coin counters (everyone's dumps)

This bank, specifically told me they have to "order" theirs. They only get coin once a week, which leads me to believe they are actually getting them from Omaha, NE (vault services). It's not a large chain bank, so who knows.

I was also thinking it may have been a fluke. Next week will tell! :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread