Some folks are like that, its O.K.

Why do you ask?

have a good un........

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
I have yet to figure that one out. By posting where I live, I have gotten PMs from folks that have lived here before and gotten some pointers on areas to search. I have nothing to hide and feel all my hunting sites are free to the public.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farmercal said:
I have yet to figure that one out. By posting where I live, I have gotten PMs from folks that have lived here before and gotten some pointers on areas to search. I have nothing to hide and feel all my hunting sites are free to the public.

I agree Cal :

I believe in some cases they are also Loaners, who Don't want
Hunting Buddies.

Some fall into the "The Man is Watching" fear.

and others fear having their Claims Poached.
I have had this happen once, But I also live by the Belief
all sites are Never hunted out, and usually find my best
finds where I'm told it is hunted out.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
When I first started TN , I was a real loner ....plus a mom with two small girls....so I really didnt want to pinpoint my location. I am in the woods alot or out camping in the boonies and I just felt safer not letting the world know where I was
Now that I have been here a while ,and know so many of the folks here ,my location isnt a big secret anymore....unless of course we are out on an adventure.... :)

button

Greenie
Nov 6, 2006
COLORADO
Detector(s) used
Eagle Spectrum
Don't tell anybody, but I live in Aurora, Colorado ;) and
I only WISH and DREAM that I had hot sites I needed
to hide from you guys. Like Shermanville, I enjoy trying
to figure out locations in your posts - part of the fun in
being here....Bill

S

stefen

The question can be interpreted as to the state of town of the person ...or the location of their finds.

For me, it would be helpful if each person would give some general geographic location when posting. This would take the guess work out of trying to make sense of the posting....for instance, if a posting shows the finding of an copper arrow, it would be interesting to know it was from a certain geographic area or state.

Although when you make a significant find, you may be reluctant to post the precise location and that is understandable.

Depending on the topic, there are those who are claim jumpers who have no quams about taking advantage of the situation.

I pissed off several people when I wouldn't narrow down a finding and they became extremely caustic (for a lack of a better description) on the forum and by PM's.

Undoubtedly you will eventually find that there are numerous reasons, all of which are valid for that individual.

OP
OP
S

schj24

Jul 4, 2006
Baltimore
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Shermonville- I asked because 1-I like to know where people are that Im talking to and 2-It may lead to a partner.Nothing more.Im not tring to steal anyones sites.Ive got way too many of my own.I dont want any specifics,just a state.Or general town loc.For example,I live in Baltimore county,Maryland.I hunt there and anywhere else I can get permission.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
S24,

hang around, make some post, and
you will get to meet folks from your
Baltimore area.

Lot of members have gotten together with
others from their area.

Looking forward to seeing some of your
finds.

have a good un..........

OP
OP
S

schj24

Jul 4, 2006
Baltimore
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Im not sure if I would ever tell anyone the exact location of any of my finds. Not because there may be something valuable,but because it might take the fun out of it.Unless of course,the area was so large I coulnt do it myself.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gypsyheart said:
When I first started TN , I was a real loner ....plus a mom with two small girls....so I really didnt want to pinpoint my location. I am in the woods alot or out camping in the boonies and I just felt safer not letting the world know where I was
but you got a gun pop some caps ....

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Baron Von De Kalb said:
gypsyheart said:
but you got a gun pop some caps ....
I would be popping more than caps if anyone ever messed with my chickees.... :)

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
I don't give my location since some of the lumber camps that I dig were temporary shelters that were only large enough for several lumberman. They wouldn't have stayed long enough to lose many items. Some camps I have only found several items after having dug.

Tabfry

Mar 29, 2006
Seattle area
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
schj24 said:
Just curious folks. But Im wondring why people seem so reluctant to post there location?

I would compare it to telling everyone where you caught that 18 lb Coho salmon... Next time you go, it may be crowded with people, fished out.

OP
OP
S

schj24

Jul 4, 2006
Baltimore
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Well considering all of the opinions Ive recieved,I can see why many are reluctant to say. But it would still be intersting to know.

S

sandkicker

Hello everyone. Marauder here. I did not include my location in my avatar . But i'll say im from the NW.Would like to participate once in a while in the B.S.ing. Solong...

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Roger here, in Clarksville, TN. I hunt CW relics in and around Dover, TN, near the site of Ft. Donelson. (NO I have never, ever hunted on the park).

I don't care if people know where I hunt. The stuff I'm finding has been in the ground for, what, 150 years? The places I hunt have been HAMMERED for the past 40 years, or so, but you know what? I'm finding a few scraps. It suits me. I dig up something that was last held by a kid, about 19 years old, scared out his mind. I can appreciate that (USA, Ret. 11H5M, Rakkasan Raider, to those who'd know).

I got into relic hunting about a year ago. I have beed directed to the sites I hunt by fellow hunters, who were kind enough to share. Did they give me their 'honey holes?' No, of course not, but I'm happy to hunt for 4 hours, and dig 3 Minie balls. No kidding. But the places I do hunt continue to give up the goodies, nearly every time I go, so who knows, I might hit the jackpot anytime ;D ;D.

And, by sharing where I live, I have been blessed to actually meet several members, by traveling to j.d.'s hunt in Missouri last October, and hosting some hunters for the Dover hunt earlier this month. I met some great guys and gals, and hope to hunt with them, and many others in the future.

To each, his own.

Roger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread