Just Drill Holes

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Bob Thanks for the reply, 90 percent of the symbols that you find around a cache site will just be there to confuse you or it will cause you to act like a dog chaseing his tail. The point of the triangle in the doorway thats has a triangle is to verify what's there. So many folks that try to help folks get so tired of saying the same things over and over Look at the signs and symbols that fit and let them be the ones that you dwell on, forget the STUFF

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes that's true Dsty.

But, how many sites do you see that are set just like this one? The unique nature of this small site makes one give due pause when approaching. Also the absolute hidden nature of the area and lack of any modern mining signs like dirt roads is a sure indicator of an early timeline.

Most of the signs and symbols I come across are one or two good with many bad but this site seems to scream "Dig me Man dig me".

Also, a sign by itself doesn't say anything it takes a sentence of signs in a small area to say it all.

That's what we all strive to find in our endeavors. Treasure

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SS, When I go there next time, hopefully soon, I'm going to prospect the stream and go up to the ridge I'll take video and post it on You Tube. Photo's to.

It's been my experience that when your near a good site you see horse symbols.

There's only one small one in that photo.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob Thanks for the reply, 90 percent of the symbols that you find around a cache site will just be there to confuse you or it will cause you to act like a dog chaseing his tail. The point of the triangle in the doorway thats has a triangle is to verify what's there. So many folks that try to help folks get so tired of saying the same things over and over Look at the signs and symbols that fit and let them be the ones that you dwell on, forget the STUFF

good stuff dsty, i find that true in the areas i work.i really have to turn up the visual discrimination ,to filter out all the interference.

bob,i really like that area too.if you do any work there,watch over head,so you dont get knocked in the head.i like that plugged up area too, just becarefull its not a suckers deal. i played around with some lines, is that a upside down #7 with a flourish ? View attachment 947608

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Bob, Most all that I have seen are on the same theory with many - many - many variations. I'm sure about the triangle / square / rectangle, I have never seen a cache site except for those mentioned. only three types that I have seen used, and agin I have'nt seen everything. I would guess that the one you have posted may either be a vault or a cache site and thats just a guess on my part.

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
One of the reasons that I feel as I do about this site is the pull points / angle of the drill holes and the two triangle thats being used, the boulders that makes it look like they were stacked above and fell when they were tripped and the original folks was not the one's that triped the trap. That's just what I see from over here. I would think a vault or a storage spot for bars, hint you can roll boulders a lot easer than you can lift them,

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The site itself and Map is relatively small I should have referenced some sort of size but standing in front of it the water fall what you see is just a little above my head height which I'm about 6' so I would guess about 7 foot.

Some of the sites I've read require you to be about the height of a man sitting on a Horse.
I would say the width of what you see is about 6 feet.

So what looks like boulders is actually small stones unless just a representation of larger Boulders are in play within the map.

Now I have some more drill hole maps not far from that area whenever your interested in seeing those.

Much different set up than this site though. That one is near the upside down heart and Aztec head I posted.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be sure to prospect the top of the waterfall, just back from the edge and the "pool" area at the "splash" spot.

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
attachment.php

Attachments

• owl egg.jpg
    owl egg.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 116
  • owl egg resized.jpg
    owl egg resized.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 416

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
This one i found just going through pictures. Now i see the owl and two eggs. What about the hole on the hole on the bottom/side? Direction maybe? Guess i'll be making another trip to clean this one off...

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello,tinhorn, the Horzional drill hole's that's straight-in that I have seen are worked as if you have an arrow sticking in the bottom, and measure by the foot, something should indicate, something buried near-by, I would think on top of a hill, 300 feet away very possible a old hand dug hole.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
7 foot 7 inches fits the Royal or Kings Royal measurements for depth of a burial cache location

Correction Sir,
The Royal measurement is the una Braza which is 5"7"and kenworthy says that very valuable cache will be dos brazas~!
respecfully
rangler

'

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
true, ill try to get some more closeups in the area. a very delicate cleaning is needed. hoping sun and shadow will reveal more.

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
MM 3-13-2014 185.JPG

Hi dsty. I have been working on this for a long time and can't make since of it. Just wondering if you have any Ideals. There are shadow symbols that show up at different times, but I feel like the message lies in this drill hole. I have not measured it but It is about the size of a cannon ball. and about 10 inches deep. I have followed the straight lines on it without any success. Many Thanks

Pinwheel

In Deep

Nov 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinwheel
Inside the big hole on the right of your picture looks like a map

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Pinwheel, My opinion about your large drill hole and the possible answer to its meaning is very possible thats its showing a distance and a direction, work it as you would any drill hole Width / depth, since you dont have the measurence's If you have a drill hole 4 inches deep ( 10 cm ) 4 inches wide ( 10 cm ) = 2 or two X circumfurence which is 34.5 cm = 69 which is a cordel, or 69 paces ( 33 inch pace ) = 189.5 feet I would use this for any drill hole anywhere, If its a 8 inch wide and 4 inches deep its 2 cordel, if it has a sholder 1/2 way down then its 3 cordel or 3 X 189.5 feet, the process is the same for any drill hole used for distance if its 16 inches wide then its 4, and if its 16 inches deep then the same principle applies. It may imply that its 7 cordel or 1/4 mile or 1326 feet, yours may be a league or 1/2 league which may indicale that you are on the property line of a league square an the long / short may indicate the magnetic directions or go both directions one distance is long one is short. I will add that a 3 inch drill hole may indicate measure by the foot,

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread