Just Glad to be Hunting!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crops are in and the grass is high so places to detect are rare. I spent half the day yesterday searching for a place to detect with no luck at all. I was about to give up and decided to check the big field where I had luck last year finding French 1600s silver and the 1809 American half and was relieved to find that the hay had been cut...wide open fields.

I only had a couple hours at this point but I was amazed at the targets even after I've hunted this site excessively. Nothing to get excited about but most definitely still an active site and an excellent "fall back" field. Half of the main field had been turned over so that will be the area to hit in the fall!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402309519.429930.jpg

Upvote 4
Not too bad there Buddy, nice shoe buckle frame and button thats for sure.
We haven't been getting out much this year so far. but I have noticed that the farmers are starting to cut their fields so maybe I will get a hunt or two in befor they get too long again.
ZDD

Nice bunch or relics!

.....You just had to remind us about that Half Dollar :laughing7:

Great Finds man!

Great hunt Romeo! Nice array of finds. Loving that shoe buckle!

Always great to be on a spot where you have a chance.

I do like being out on a nice sunny day, but the Summer being so tough to find sites I think I'd rather do other things than rack my brain where to go.

That's quite a few finds for a heavily hunted site. That should give you confidence there's probably even more that was missed, maybe even some silver.

Nice old stuff there good hunts ! I missed out on all my field sites this spring, or barely got to hit them them, it was so wet and had other things to do also. Have to hit my fall back places now, parks and yards !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back