Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Just Got a good deal: 60 Alkaline AA's for $10.00

Ok, here's a RayoVac story. I bought two twenty four packs of RayoVac alkalines over Christmas for the grandkids toys and for my detectors. I opened and use one of the 24 packs in the toys, camera and wireless mouse and keyboard on my computer. I got my new Safari detector and opened the second 24 pack. I went through all the batteries and could not get any 8 to show a full charge in my new detector. So, I got out an 8 pack of the same batteries I had kept around the house for quite a few months and they showe up fully charged in the detector. So, I wrote RayoVac an email describing the problem. They told me to send the 24 back to them and they would replace them. Well I did just that and yesterday received a check for $5.32 from them. I was really disappointed and was ready to send them a nasty email since I paid $11.00 plus tax for the batteries at Wally World. But just then UPS came to the door with a package and it contained 24 new RayoVac batteries! There was no note, but I got to thinking and the $5.32 is what I had to pay for postage to send them back. So I gotta' tell everyone who reads this, they will stand behind their products! Right now I am 100% impressed with their customer service people. Monty

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

aa

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Monty said:
Ok, here's a RayoVac story. I bought two twenty four packs of RayoVac alkalines over Christmas for the grandkids toys and for my detectors. I opened and use one of the 24 packs in the toys, camera and wireless mouse and keyboard on my computer. I got my new Safari detector and opened the second 24 pack. I went through all the batteries and could not get any 8 to show a full charge in my new detector. So, I got out an 8 pack of the same batteries I had kept around the house for quite a few months and they showe up fully charged in the detector. So, I wrote RayoVac an email describing the problem. They told me to send the 24 back to them and they would replace them. Well I did just that and yesterday received a check for $5.32 from them. I was really disappointed and was ready to send them a nasty email since I paid $11.00 plus tax for the batteries at Wally World. But just then UPS came to the door with a package and it contained 24 new RayoVac batteries! There was no note, but I got to thinking and the $5.32 is what I had to pay for postage to send them back. So I gotta' tell everyone who reads this, they will stand behind their products! Right now I am 100% impressed with their customer service people. Monty

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023

Got a great deal at K.B. Toy's going out of business sale....24 9V energizer industrial alkalines for $10.00.
It will be a while before I have to buy batteries for my metal detector, and I saved about $60.00.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread