JUST GOT MY 5.3 COIL FOR THE XLT

NorCal 6er

Aug 24, 2006
chowchilla, ca
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, GMT, XLT, Fisher C$, Gold Bug 2, 1225, 1220, Minelab SD2200v2
Now I have all three, here is a post from Bill from another Forum.

The 950 coil is good for surfing a site and will probably find about 70 to 80% of the targets within the XLT's capabilities as far as depth, target separation and masking etc. and is excellent for scanning an unknown site so you can find the concentrated target areas.

The 800 coils will do a little better than the 950 on target separation and still get excellent depth and may find an additional 5% to 10% due to the better separtion.

The 5.3 coil is probably the best coil available for the XLT to find the remaining and possibly some of the best targets that have been masked by using the larger coils and found it to have excellent depth and target separation. It's my favorite at known trashy sites when using the XLT. Bill

rain, rain stay away until I can try all three...

HH everybody
Joe

Upvote 0

Tourezrick

Nov 2, 2006
South Side of Chicago (the baddest part of town)
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Yup, that's the way to go. I find myself using the 5.3 on my DFX all the time. One additional benefit is that it is so much easier to pinpoint a target with the 5.3. Using the 950, I always try to center the target, and I usually end up a couple of inches off center. Maybe it's just me, but for now, I'll attribute it to the coil. Now, let's see some posts of finds!

Tourezrick

desecrator

Jul 7, 2006
Jamestown, NY
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Heh, I actually find it slightly more difficult to pinpoint with my 5.3, simply because the coil is solid in the center. Both do an equal job IMO, but when i can see the spot on the ground with my large coil, I find it easier to dig accurately.

I've used my 5.3 Bullseye a few times late this season in trashy areas. There is no doubt that it found coins that I missed with my large coil (especially nickels). Also, it is much easier to maneuver under brush, in dense undergrowth and around tree bases. A great coil to put the "finishing touches" on an area that you've already covered with your large coil.

Trescher

Jul 29, 2006
San Antonio Texas
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, ACE 250
So I just got my MXT and it comes with the 9.5 coil, and I also bought the 5.3 Excelerator.

So if I were to buy one more coil, what would best compliment my other two for normal park/playground/beach hunting?

8x14 Deep Scan DD
4x6 Shooter DD
6x10 DD

How many coils do you have and which are your more frequently used?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

OP
OP
NorCal 6er

NorCal 6er

Aug 24, 2006
chowchilla, ca
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, GMT, XLT, Fisher C$, Gold Bug 2, 1225, 1220, Minelab SD2200v2
NorCal where did you buy yer coil from ?

From the Whites dealer in Merced, Ca
A & L enterprises
the guys name is Art, real nice guy easy to work with.

HH
Joe

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
does anyone have both the 5.3 and the 4X6?? Which is better for super trashy sites?

MikeTN

Feb 19, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Dimeman said:
does anyone have both the 5.3 and the 4X6?? Which is better for super trashy sites?

Wondering the same....Anyone?

Mike

Bill(de)

Feb 18, 2005
If talking about the XLT i personally feel the 5.3 BM coil is the best smaller coil to use. The 4x6 shooter will provide better separation but found it weak on depth. The 350 snooper provides better depth than the 4x6 shooter and feel it's better suited on the likes of a Classic Id or IDX due to the quicker recovery speed vs the XLT. I didn't care for the 4x6shooter on any of the 6.59khz detectors due to the depth issue..

On the MXT,M6 the DD coils are great and read good stuff about the 4x6" Eclipse shooter however I went with the 4.5" x 7" and 5" Excelerator coils. I also have the 5.3 Eclipse and is excellent on depth but prefer the smaller dd coils when hunting at very trashy areas due to the better target separation and they still get very good depth on these detectors. Just my 2 cents worth of opinion. HH Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread