Just got my at pro adventure pack and pro pointer :)

cambell

Tenderfoot
Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came home last night and found my Garrett box waiting for me. First off, the pro pointer is awsome. If you dont have one, get one now. I can't say enough good things about it. The digging tool is ok, it works. I struggled alittle with it last night with all the rocks in my yard. It does feel totally strong, I had no fear of it bending while I was prying out plugs from the cold rocky ground. The hip pack feels kinda cheap but its simple and will do the job. It has a nice little zipperd pocket inside to seperate the keepers from the trash. The case is great to have but there is a few gripes. Why would you put a handle on the opposite side as the zipper. For example if you forget to zipper the bag and go to pick it up, your detector will fall straight on the floor. I like having all the outside pockets on the case but I wish my digger would fit into one of them so I wouldn't have to put them in the big pocket with my headphones. The backpack straps on the bag is one of the main reasons I wanted the adventure pack. They seem thin and no double stitching but they will do the job for now. I can see them breaking if you really load up this bag though. I have to say that I am used to GOOD backpack rifle cases so I may have a higher standard than most. Headphones, um they are headphones. They seem to work ok. They have seperate volume controls for each ear and have pretty good sound canceling. The sound quality isnt the greatest but they suit me fine. Some of you veterans may not like them though. They do seem plenty loud so I dont know why people complian in that regard. Which brings me to the detector. I have to first say that I'm a total noob at this. My only other detector was a harbor frieght special. The AT pro looks real nice in comparison, obviously. It gives you back so much information that I can see why people say it takes some time to learn. I only used it for about a half hour in the back yard in the dark last night. I found a bunch a junk that rang in with high tones in the high 80s, yet it was still just junk screws and nails. It was actually kinda strange I pulled a nail out from about 10 inches. At ten inches it rang as silver but as it got closer to the coil it would ring as iron. I guess I just have a lot to learn with this machine. It does find metal though, even down deep. I like the connectors for the headphones and the coil but I would suggest regreasing them before water hunting. The battery cover came with plenty of grease on it. Oh and re grease the battery cover on the propointer, mine came totally dry. Dow corning 111 is what Im going to use, thats what we use at work for military electronics. All in all Im very happy with my purchase and see that I have a lot to learn. I have watched all the Garrett videos and they helped so far. If any of you pros have any advice Im all ears. Also if anyone is looking to buy one of these I got mine from a guy on this board for a Really good price. Cant wait till next weekend when I can actually get some real time with this machine.

Last edited:

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your goin to love it, great machine. HH!!!!

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you will be digging that's for sure

OP
OP
C

cambell

Tenderfoot
Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys for the support. I just gotta say I am loving the machine and pinpointer. I was out all day yesterday in the snow and rain, so glad I got a waterproof detector. I have only done my yard and half my grandmothers but I have already found gold, and like five dollars in clad. I cant wait to get out there some more. I just started getting my skills down focusing on trying to not leave any trace i disturbed the ground. When I can master that I want to go ask the priest at my church if I can do the yard. I know years ago someone came and dug it all up in the middle of the night and made a mess, so im not banking on him saying yes. But if I can show him I wont leave any marks I figure Ill have a better chance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread