Just got my "New/Old" Eagle II SL (NOW WITH PICS!)

LX Kid

Jul 14, 2009
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, M/Lab Xtera-70, B/Hunter ID , Tesoro Stingray II, Tesoro Tiger Shark, MXT, Eagle II SL, + Others
Just got my "New/Old" Eagle II SL (NOW WITH PICS!)

Recieved my really nice vintage White's Eagle II SL today and took it for a spin for about an hour. Found about 40 coins, all new stuff, couple 45 bullets, couple door keys and a fishing weight. Had one several years ago and had missed it since. They still really perform fantastic. Think I'll leave my MXT in the closet for awhile. Thanks forum member "fliptop" for a nice detector. :icon_sunny:

Upvote 0
K

Kentucky Kache

Re: Just got my "New/Old" Eagle II SL

Congrats on the new toy machine. Keep pushing it, it will eventually give you some goodies.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

I loved mine too. The TID, response, sounds, options etc... I like to set it in two-tone mode, so I'd always hear when I was in and around rejected targets (whatever I'd opted to edit out). The all-metal, when put in VCO, was a great back-ground sound. Worked good in urban demolition sites, relicky sites, etc.. It wasn't too good on wet salt beaches though, as I don't believe the auto-track was very good (when compared to the 6000 Di pro, for instance). For some reason, I always had to rebalance when moving closer to, or further away, from the water's edge, even with auto-track on. This was the same for two Eagle SL IIs I had, but maybe I just had two flukes for just that one function? But the final thing that made me switch, was that the newer power houses (like the Explorer) just had un-deniably more depth. Other than that, I loved the Eagle series :icon_thumleft:

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Sounds like your doing Great. :thumbsup:

Nova Treasure

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600

LX Kid, it is people like you and Tom in CA that makes the rest of us look bad! Thanks a lot! Keep up the good work though!

OP
OP
LX Kid

LX Kid

Jul 14, 2009
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, M/Lab Xtera-70, B/Hunter ID , Tesoro Stingray II, Tesoro Tiger Shark, MXT, Eagle II SL, + Others

Thanks guys. Just a little update. I traced down the man that I sold my old Eagle II SL 90.5 to from 3 years ago and bought it back yesterday. He had'nt even unpacked it from when I sold it too him. Yeh, I got it back "cheap" and it really works great! I swear that both of the Eagles out perform my MXT in coin hunting. I'll take a picture of them in a few minutes.

S6001509.jpg

S6001508.jpg

S6001507.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread