Just having fun

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice video, too bad you didn't find any pull tabs.

I guess the dimes are okay- but nothing beats a vintage pull tab!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! You'd never get away with using that shovel or cutting full plugs in any parks or schools around here though.

OP
OP
Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Feb 23, 2014
Binghamton ny
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you all!! Just got to make it look like you were never there

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, you always need to do that regardless of what tools you use. The mere appearance of a shovel around here will get the cops called on you. It doesn't matter how talented you are with it. Plus, digging a full circle plug will kill the grass in our parks as they don't get much water to recover. A 3/4 plug or slit is our only acceptable method in those areas.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got me a Sampson T handle 32" and I love it. Have used it at 5 different, total strangers yards, so far, in three days, and haven't had any negative feedback at all. Lemme tell you, it beats the hell out of digging with a gator or treasure wise hand digger.
It would also make one hell of a self defense weapon should the need arise :blackbeard:

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got me a Sampson T handle 32" and I love it. Have used it at 5 different, total strangers yards, so far, in three days, and haven't had any negative feedback at all. Lemme tell you, it beats the hell out of digging with a gator or treasure wise hand digger.
It would also make one hell of a self defense weapon should the need arise :blackbeard:

Yeah, using it in a private yard is fine. Using it in a public park is not. In the park it is the perception people get when they see you with a metal detector and a shovel. Doesn't matter how clean your holes are. People see you with a shovel, they make phone calls to the park, police, city, county, etc. and the next thing you know metal detecting is banned in that park. Happens every day. Leave your shovel at home on public land so we can still detect on it.

OP
OP
Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Feb 23, 2014
Binghamton ny
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I appreciate all your concerns. The park is being relocated across the street. So apartment complexes can go up. And I have permission to dig the hell out of it!

Last edited:

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to see someone from Bingo having success!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Mercs. I have (2) of them, but it took me about (100) hunts to get them. I envy you guys in the northeast.
As for the shovel thing, it's the same down south. If they see you at the schools or parks with a shovel, the police will arrive within (10) minutes.

Nice video. GL&HH.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I appreciate all your concerns. The park is being relocated across the street. So apartment complexes can go up. And I have permission to dig the hell out of it!

Sounds like some good hunting for you! Good luck.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I like that bell tone a lot …….do not know why some do not … I got a shovel like yours and it only cost $6.00 not $70.00 ….. Nice Silver ..HH

Last edited:

mainliner

Greenie
Feb 4, 2013
Chambersburg Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, Same thing here. That $7 shovel from Lowes works great, but walk around a school or park here with one and they pull the rule book out on you. The slit method is quick and clean in that soft sod. I never have to pull a plug until it gets deeper than 10 inches. Too many "NO DIGGING" signs going up these days. Not bustin on anyone here, but I would not dig plugs like that in my own yard.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, Same thing here. That $7 shovel from Lowes works great, but walk around a school or park here with one and they pull the rule book out on you. The slit method is quick and clean in that soft sod. I never have to pull a plug until it gets deeper than 10 inches. Too many "NO DIGGING" signs going up these days. Not bustin on anyone here, but I would not dig plugs like that in my own yard.

Only time I use a shovel like that is in the woods, and I even modified it so it was a little smaller. Not sure why he wouldn't be using his lesche that's on his belt. But whatever floats ur boat.

OP
OP
Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

Feb 23, 2014
Binghamton ny
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The properties being tore up with bulldozers and Bacchos. For apartment complexes. So doesn't matter if I use a shovel. shovel was much easier way

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd think its just what people percieve, if people see that shovel, even if you have permission, they will auto assume that you do that every where, heck even if I could use a shovel, I still wouldn't, just for the fact it will stick in peoples mind.
Only time I use a shovel is in farm fields, or the woods.
Nice finds by the way.

Mike

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
it's the same down south. If they see you at the schools or parks with a shovel, the police will arrive within (10) minutes.

When the cop gets out of the car, the first thing to ask is, "Which one are you? Andy or Barney?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions