Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like you are sit up with the Minelab...Go Minelab...Now find that treasure..........==Jim_K==

OP
OP
Brett

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Yes
Jim_K said:
Looks like you are sit up with the Minelab...Go Minelab...Now find that treasure..........==Jim_K==
Thanks, but I also have an ACE 250 and I'm looking for a used M6,MXT,XLT,or DFX for a deal. I really dig the Explorers though, and obviously have the most training on the SE Pro. The E-TRAC is sweet so far!

BuckleBoy said:
Good. Now you might wanna know that it can't pick up some Silver Half Dollars:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,197538.0.html
Regards,
Buckles
Thanks BuckleBoy, I did see that one... one of the first things I would do on the E-TRAC is open up all of the conductive side. Since it's fast though, I might be more inclined to reject some stuff.. Just gotta start hunting!

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
Congrats again Brett. As far as it nulling on halves, I have only found 3 silver halves ever and I found all 3 with the etrac. Greg was there for all three. I know he has found every type of half of the 20th century from a barber to a 64 kennedy so if some folks are having problems finding halves they need to look at their setting imo. Airtesting vs in the ground reality with Minelabs are well known so I would take it with a grain of salt imo. Cant wait to get together and watch you smoke Greg Dave and me with your new toy. :icon_pirat: SMAN...

Attachments

• halves.JPG
    halves.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 463
OP
OP
Brett

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
snowmanfromtexas said:
Congrats again Brett. As far as it nulling on halves, I have only found 3 silver halves ever and I found all 3 with the etrac. Greg was there for all three. I know he has found every type of half of the 20th century from a barber to a 64 kennedy so if some folks are having problems finding halves they need to look at their setting imo. Airtesting vs in the ground reality with Minelabs are well known so I would take it with a grain of salt imo. Cant wait to get together and watch you smoke Greg Dave and me with your new toy. :icon_pirat: SMAN...
Thanks SMAN! And thanks for the reassurance. I really didn't have any doubts since I've seen Greg's pile of loot a couple times now with all of the halves you mentioned. The barber half is impressive to say the least. All three of you guys are seriously rockin' with the E-TRAC's. I dream of the day that I smoke you guys out on the field with my tector!

Wes-N-VA

Nov 9, 2008
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
The XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Brett,

By now, I hope you have decided that the Etrac was a wise investment? To me, it is the best detector I have ever used and I have used pleanty. Let me know what you think. Take care and have fun with the Etrac!

Wes

OP
OP
Brett

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Wes-N-VA said:
Brett,

By now, I hope you have decided that the Etrac was a wise investment? To me, it is the best detector I have ever used and I have used pleanty. Let me know what you think. Take care and have fun with the Etrac!

Wes

Wes,

Yup, the E-Trac rules! I was thinking of hanging onto my Explorer SE Pro for a while to do comparative testing, but I don't even care to know the difference anymore and will be selling off my Explorer SE Pro just as soon as I can clean it up and take pics. I just want to keep using my E-Trac and continue to find great stuff! So far on the three or 4 hunts I've been on with the E-Trac it's performed like magic. The location I was at didn't hurt things either ;)

Wes-N-VA

Nov 9, 2008
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
The XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My feeling exactly! I have used both the Explorer XS and Explorer II and the Etrac blows them away. I sold my Explorer II the other day and I have no problems with that decision at all. I have owned my Etrac since November and my finds have increased all ready. It is just a great machine....hands down! Good Hunting!

Wes

Brett said:
Wes-N-VA said:
Brett,

Wes

Wes,

Yup, the E-Trac rules! I was thinking of hanging onto my Explorer SE Pro for a while to do comparative testing, but I don't even care to know the difference anymore and will be selling off my Explorer SE Pro just as soon as I can clean it up and take pics. I just want to keep using my E-Trac and continue to find great stuff! So far on the three or 4 hunts I've been on with the E-Trac it's performed like magic. The location I was at didn't hurt things either ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread