Just joined

schunter

Aug 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from the soggy city of Charleston, SC. If anybody was watching the PGA Championships at Kiawah Island the greens were REALLY green this year. Who knew last year drought, this year abundance of rain. Anyway, my husband and I both do metal detecting when time permits. Charleston area has some great metal detecting beaches. Of course, there is the rumor of Blackbeard's treasure is buried somewhere in the swamp marsh along the Ashley River or the Cooper River. My husband found a mini-ball near Fort Sullivan (Revolutionary War Fort) as well as an English coin at Folly Beach. Me, I just keep finding fishing rigs. I just joined because I am trying to find good detecting places along NJ, Delaware, MD beaches. I'll be going my high school reunion in NJ and taking a couple of extra days to do some metal detecting.:pot-of-gold:

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from another newbie.

I live in Summerville and am still very new at metal detecting. I'm looking forward to making a beach trip soon. What type of detector(s) do you and your husband use?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread