High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Bromo. I'm liking your style of presentation.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DSC_1016.jpg

This is a set up photo. I gathered some bricks from my collection, lined them up, filled the cracks with dirt, then took the pic.

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that, Rusty. Glad I'm not the only one to keep old bricks. Here's another to keep it rolling.

southern.jpg southern1.jpg southern2.jpg

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DSC_1327.jpg

Dr. D. Fahrney and Sons / Hagerstown MD / Teething Syrup / For Babes

This was filled with Alcohol, Morphine, and Chloroform, making it addictive for adults, and deadly for Children. I used to live near Hagerstown, and I spent a good majority of my childhood there.

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ooh wee, that stuff would take the rough edges off anybody's day. I don't know what was in this stuff, but I figure it probably contained something pretty similar.

baby ease.jpg

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

A Pottsville Pennsylvania W. F. Driscolls, and a National Dope Company Hutch from Birmingham Ala. Let me know if you know of anybody who would want these.

OP
OP
sandchip

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bored this morning. Actually, putting off getting out in this heat to mow the lawn...

One of my only three historical flasks. Wish I had the deep pockets to go after the good stuff. Come on guys and gals, I know that Rusty and myself aren't the only ones with bottles to share. As Doug Heffernan would say, "Partici-paysheeon!"

eagle.jpg

Last edited:

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't have museum quality pieces like you guys. I just found a really nice quart Hero Mason jar with the hero glass cap and was holding it up to the kitchen window to check the back lighting when it slipped from the zinc cap and smashed in the sink. I'm done.

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 98 % of what I find while digging is ordinary in comparison to what I see posted here . I do have a few that stand out at least for me . I have posted a picture of some of my more interesting finds . Left to right on the pic .The first one was a surface find that was more than35 years ago .The dark green is a Carlsbad Water bottle .This is how I found Treasurenet I found the bottle in July of 2017 ,In researching it I found this site and shortly after that I signed up The two to the right are for me very nice finds .And what makes them even more unique is I was digging in a spot where I kept finding broken glass and pottery .It was more than 2 feet deep but I continued to dig because of the pieces .I found the soda bottle first and about 5 minutes later the beer bottle . They are some of my nicest bottles ever and I was digging more on an idea that as long as I was finding evidence of something I should keep going Last summer 2018 was a very wet year and I did not have much chance to dig .And this summer has been very hot .So I am having withdrawal also .I thought I would add a couple to this post .I think these are posted elsewhere in previous post . Later I will put up a picture or 010.jpg 2 of some other items I have found during my days of digging

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have museum quality pieces like you guys. I just found a really nice quart Hero Mason jar with the hero glass cap and was holding it up to the kitchen window to check the back lighting when it slipped from the zinc cap and smashed in the sink. I'm done.

Ugh, I totally feel for you. The sink is blind to age, colour, shape, and size.

It gets better with time, No gold!

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that, Rusty. Glad I'm not the only one to keep old bricks. Here's another to keep it rolling.

View attachment 1727153 View attachment 1727154 View attachment 1727155

Yo Sandchip, May I ask how this one came to be in your possession? It is a very nice bottle! I’m a fan of southern bitters/meds and this is an excellent example.
About 5-7years ago I dug a shallow pit that was around 3 feet deep, 3 feet wide and roughly 8 ft long( sounds more like a grave). Anyway, only a broken plate, cup, and a broken sauce came out of it. I knew it was old, and my guess was it was pre-civil war, which was very exciting. At the bottom I found a broken Vicksburg bottle. When I gathered all the shards together and figured out what it was, I was heart broken. Here is an example of the open pontil bottle I dug and below is a great article by Ferdinand Myers about the bottle. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1563715041.981571.jpg
https://www.peachridgeglass.com/2015/06/oliver-o-woodmans-sarsaparilla-vicksburg-mississippi/

Last edited:

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
1850 Archdeacon in green, several known and has a lot of monetary value being Paterson's only known pontiled soda/beer, next to the only documented blue variant, probably 3-4X more valuable if I were to guess. Also the only documented shard of his earlier 1847 bottle with rectangular slugplate, 1847 is the year William Archdeacon started bottling the mineral water from the spring on his Paterson property. Prior to that they had allowed others to botle and sell their mineral water for a fee as early as the 1820's, he finally realized the demand was great enough to bottle and sell it himself...

$1a11aaaaaaaaaa1aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasca1912xxxx.jpg
DSC01249.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread